UFC fighter claims he was forced to fight Injured, fake drug tests

“Two weeks after that Dan Henderson fought Lyoto Machida[sic]. I was in Los Angeles and they told me to meet them after the fight. I told them the doctor still hadn’t cleared me. ‘Hasn’t cleared you? You’ve got to step up for the company.’ I told them I couldn’t get the doctor to give me a notice. I don’t think they can do that. I told them hopefully I would be cleared in a week. Dana says, ‘OK. You’ve got to let me know right away.’ That night I’m driving and my phone blows up. Dana had announced my fight with Rich Franklin in Macau.”

ttp://mmanext.com/former-ufc-fighter-accuses-dana-white-and-lorenzo-fertitta-of-forcing-him-to-fight-injured/

Thoughts?
Posted several times and your source is not working.
http://mmanext.com/former-ufc-fight...nzo-fertitta-of-forcing-him-to-fight-injured/

Just read your source, it does not back up your allegations at all. Can you quote him talking about these fake drug tests?

Link not working.

If true, then that's Cung Le making the allegations.

Ok...did they force him to get on the plane, make weight, and step in the cage? Pretty messed up on the UFC part but he could've stated publicly that he was hurt or pull out like must fighters do know anyways

so....2 fighters in a lawsuit against the UFC....are talking bad about the UFC on a podcast?!?!!? who would have thunk it?

Article says nothing about fake drug tests.

No one forced him to fight.

They also anounced nate Diaz vs Brown and Nate claims he never agreed to the fight and didn't even know of it

so....2 fighters in a lawsuit against the UFC....are talking bad about the UFC on a podcast?!?!!? who would have thunk it?

I was thinking the same thing, Le on Quarry's program hooking into the UFC shouldn't shock anyone. Does Le have any proof, or are we just expected to accept this because the UFC brass can be scumbags sometimes?

Le has obviously ignored rules in the past in order to gain a competitive edge and he clearly has an agenda here, so I'd hardly consider him a trustworthy source.

I'm just a bit confused on the timeline of everything he's talking about. He makes reference to the Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida fight (UFC 157, February 2013) and how his fight vs. Rich Franklin in Macau (November 2012) was announced shortly thereafter.

Unless Bisping beat him up so badly that Le doesn't know the difference between Ryan Bader and Hendo.

I don't know why so many people here are defending Dana White and Lorenzo. They are known extortionists. I trust Cung Le more than those bastards. Why would he lie, if the UFC had been square with him? The botched drug test is a little hard to believe, but not impossible, but the bullying from Dana certainly seems in character.

The pitcher from the New York Giants? What?

Back