Ufc fighter as good in street fight?

No offense but if you have to ask this, I don't think you can possibly understand the skill gulf between a trained and seasoned pro fighter and a 'street tough'.

Sure, there are many more variables in street combat but pro fighters are actually way more likely to have the wherewithal to use those to their advantage.

In fairness to you, you can't know the difference unless you've at least worked your way up at a top gym to spar hard with great ammys and pros.

You can already be tough and win street fights and feel great and have improved a ton and then you spar with a pro and just get fucking owned.

Then you start climbing THOSE levels until you can maybe hang with them. And then you realize that there are guys that are even MORE skilled than the guys that you've finally caught up with.

Skill is real and the levels of skill, not to mention athleticism, are almost endless in front of you.

No offense but if you have to ask this, I don't think you can possibly understand the skill gulf between a trained and seasoned pro fighter and a 'street tough'.

Sure, there are many more variables in street combat but pro fighters are actually way more likely to have the wherewithal to use those to their advantage.

In fairness to you, you can't know the difference unless you've at least worked your way up at a top gym to spar hard with great ammys and pros.

You can already be tough and win street fights and feel great and have improved a ton and then you spar with a pro and just get fucking owned.

Then you start climbing THOSE levels until you can maybe hang with them. And then you realize that there are guys that are even MORE skilled than the guys that you've finally caught up with.

Skill is real and the levels of skill, not to mention athleticism, are almost endless in front of you.

I don't need to ask as I would assume mma guy would win. I just like discussions.

I had a co worker tell me he would knock out mike Tyson now cuz he is old. Lmao

Idk but Dan Henderson even past his prime is the last dude I'd want to tussle with in an alley. DC could stop the takedown because he was younger and an Olympian in his own right, but if Hendo wants to toss an untrained dude into a dumpster, I don't see who stops him unless the person is just too heavy. Also, when he starts swinging in the pocket, he still has that power.

Most MMA fighters that get in street fights go straight for the takedown from what I've seen. I'd go for a flying knee and KO most MMA fighters

95% of the time an MMA fighter will win or anyone with a somewhat of an MMA background against an untrained street fighter.

I wrestled for 5 years sparred with pro fighters, trained with pro fighters. I have a decent background in striking.

I'm telling you right now, I feel bad for any untrained street fighter that swings at me.

Most MMA fighters that get in street fights go straight for the takedown from what I've seen. I'd go for a flying knee and KO most MMA fighters

It seems to depend on the circumstances. Ryan Hall took down a guy in a restaurant for being a douchebag, after repeatedly trying to get him to calm down, but he hadn't really hurt anyone. Tait Fletcher did something similar to a guy in a hotel in Vegas, according to Rogan. Huerta got FUCKING PISSED when some college football lineman hit a chick, and KOed him. Mezger knocked a guy out repeatedly when he helped some girl that was being harrassed, then figured out he'd been cut when it was all over.

http://www.cagepotato.com/awesome-s...woman-from-knife-wielding-scumbag-last-month/

An old wrestling teamate of mine actually was arrested 2 years ago for knocking out 2 guys and choking a bouncer. Mind you he wrestled 170lbs and was 5'5 built like a god damn tank. Looked like a bigger version of Sherk lol. And all he was was a regional qualifyer. I couldn't imagine a trained UFC fighter could do damage wise.

;) Marlon Sims was on another level when it came to MMA vs street fighting;)

most mma fighters would ko someone early I think but there is other shit in a street fight that could happen.. like if someone blindsided an MMA fighter and just bulldozed him into the concrete and their head hit the pavement they could be instantly KOd.

Some people might not even want to fight standing up. If you try to fight bare knuckle you are going to end up breaking your hands so maybe the mma guy would try to take it to the ground. If it went to the ground even a random person could bite the shit out of someone, poke their eyes out, kick them in the nuts, break their fingers, etc.

90% of the time i'm sure a professional fighter would win in a street fight, but weird shit happens.
Don't forget in the street a lot of fights aren't 1 on 1. So while the professional is trying to sink in a submission (because you're definitely right. Throwing proper strikes without gloves leads to broken hands) his friend is walking over with a pool stick and about to blindside him across the back of his head.

I have a friend who is in jail serving a dime. I shit you not, he would fucking kill any guy in the UFC under 185 if it were a street fight. The bigger guys are a different story. But obviously he would lose in a cage fight to just about anyone.

Obviously it's better to have fighting experience but even on the street things like sucker punches and multiple people plus weapons change all that. I've seen UFC fighters get beat up on the street where as some videos i've seen they are the ones doing the beating.

Last edited:
wouldn't think they would do too badly. Got to remember there might be small joint manipulation, head butting, eye gouging, biting, nut shots, etc...

Trained combat athlete vs a sherbro? I think we know the answer.

Random video but i'm sure does have some training

Don Fry street fight in hotel of some sort

Phoenix Jones pro mma fighter but not UFC fighter

As good? No. Half of the UFC fighters involved in sanctioned fights lose.

Something like none of them would be beaten 1 on 1 by some asshole without a weapon.

Nope all the combat expeirence a mma fighter ha goes out the window cause the fight out on.the street.

well..depends on what kind of street fight we talking about...you know...coz from my experience...almost all street fights start one on one...hand to hand..and later we hear one of the dude getting stabbed...or hit by an object...depends..if it is pure hand to hand fight...ofc a trained MMA fighter has better chance of winning...but street fight is not always about hands...just a thought

Back