UFC Fight Pass

Despotic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The UFC isn't very forthright about Fight Pass to it's U.S. customers. Even though it is only eight dollars, they're very misleading about what you actually get. I was under the impression I would be able to view all of the free cards. This is the only reason I got it. The very extensive, yet very incomplete fight library is cool but not enough for me to even fool with it in the first place. I have internet only in my house. I have no need for tv. I got prime, netflix, hulu, hbo go and all the other stuff on the internet and most things can be streamed HD from on my smart tv. Cable or satellite is wasteful and obsolete. My digital tuner on my smart tv doesn't pick up any channels because I live pretty far out in the country.

Subscription canceled. It's already done but I've had conversations with more than one person about this. They also purchased fight pass just for the free cards only to be disappointed as well. I kind of feel like the reason they don't advertise that the US doesn't get the free cards is because they rely on the fact that it's so cheap most people won't even bother to cancel.

So I'm left with the choice of using a VPN to hide my IP or view a pirated stream online. Both are technically illegal/voiding.

Any one else get baited in with cheese only to find poop?

No. No one is dumb enough to believe they would let you watch PPV's for free.

Yea sucks that you can't watch free cards on it but I've been able to find a very reliable method to doing it. I don't have cable TV. The only thing that sucks is I'm always two minutes behind the pbp thread so cant really post in real time have to wait for the fight to be over.

So, you're unsubscribing because you it provided what you wanted, but not when you wanted it? You got baited with cheese, and you got the cheese.

So I'm left with the choice of using a VPN to hide my IP or view a pirated stream online. Both are technically illegal/voiding.

I don't like streaming, as it is a way to get around paying for a product entirely. In principle it is akin to stealing.

Using a VPN to get around geographic constraints is different to me in principle. So long as you are paying for Fightpass to begin with, I don't think it is wrong to use one. The key thing for me is that you are paying for the product.

Yeah it was like that in the US from the beginning.

2014 in Canada though was exactly what everyone wanted. All non-PPV cards were on fightpass.

The UFC isn't very forthright about Fight Pass to it's U.S. customers. Even though it is only eight dollars, they're very misleading about what you actually get. I was under the impression I would be able to view all of the free cards. This is the only reason I got it.

And it's your own fault. This is basic stuff that gets talked about on the forum on a weekly basis and if you read what you were signing up for you'd have known it as well. UFC does a lot of dumb things but this one was all you.

Hahah even nazis from Tennessee know it's wrong to stream

BTW TS there are free cards that are ONLY for fightpass, and those you can watch on fightpass. Plus there are prelims on most cards that are fightpass only. And my favorite part is I can watch the fightpass cards/fights in HD later if I can't watch them live, which is great. Overall you only get a few fights, like 6 fights or so on average per month. So you can kind of look at it like you're paying $1.33 per fight every month, with all the old fights and TUF episodes and what not thrown in free. I've never felt like I didn't get my money's worth. I mean it's really not much money

I don't like streaming, as it is a way to get around paying for a product entirely. In principle it is akin to stealing.

Using a VPN to get around geographic constraints is different to me in principle. So long as you are paying for Fightpass to begin with, I don't think it is wrong to use one. The key thing for me is that you are paying for the product.

No, picking and choosing which countries laws you follow is exactly getting around paying for the product.

In America, Fox owns the rights. Just because another country in the world choose not to do the same, doesn't mean we all get to then watch it for free.

No, picking and choosing which countries laws you follow is exactly getting around paying for the product.

In America, Fox owns the rights. Just because another country in the world choose not to do the same, doesn't mean we all get to then watch it for free.

I see your point. I can see why people would think using a VPN is wrong in such a case. I am not sure I am convinced though. The key thing for me is that I paid money to the UFC, which is something I would not do if I were streaming a PPV. I do not feel overly troubled by the intricacies of Fox's deal. I have no agreement with them.

As far as I can tell using a VPN violates neither the law nor Zuffa's terms of service. I would love to be corrected if I am wrong.

Hahah even nazis from Tennessee know it's wrong to stream

BTW TS there are free cards that are ONLY for fightpass, and those you can watch on fightpass. Plus there are prelims on most cards that are fightpass only. And my favorite part is I can watch the fightpass cards/fights in HD later if I can't watch them live, which is great. Overall you only get a few fights, like 6 fights or so on average per month. So you can kind of look at it like you're paying $1.33 per fight every month, with all the old fights and TUF episodes and what not thrown in free. I've never felt like I didn't get my money's worth. I mean it's really not much money
Easy with the **** filled responses. "Nazis from Tennessee" huh? I guess where ever you're from, parody hasn't quite caught on yet. Oh and btw even though I don't agree with it, being a Nazi is perfectly legal.

Also, the fight pass exclusives are terrible cards. I don't exactly review broadcast and licensing laws in my spare time. My original point was the UFC advertises this and that but fails to mention that it's largest customer base doesn't get the free cards.

I hate when a fightpass card has a decent main event and no other good fights.

Would cable really be that much more expensive for you? I get a shit ton of channels including hbo through comcast and it's only $50 more a month when bundled with the high speed Internet. HD too.

I see your point. I can see why people would think using a VPN is wrong in such a case. I am not sure I am convinced though. The key thing for me is that I paid money to the UFC, which is something I would not do if I were streaming a PPV. I do not feel overly troubled by the intricacies of Fox's deal. I have no agreement with them.

As far as I can tell using a VPN violates neither the law nor Zuffa's terms of service. I would love to be corrected if I am wrong.

You dont need a vpn to watch skysports. I guess thats ok

That would be up to a judge to decide, not any of us. Laws vary from country to country.

Back