UFC FIGHT PASS Signs Historic Content Deal With INVICTA FC

RIP invicta
That was Invicta's fate anyway without this deal.

Unless you have lots of money to throw away on a mma promotion, it won't last long.

Now Invicta can survive and continue to develop wmma. Which was their only goal. Invicta only exists because when Zuffa bought Strikeforce, Shannon Knapp feared there would be no place for women to fight. But now they have the UFC platform.

I have seen every fight I wanted to see. I am not the type of person that watches the same thing over and over again a million times.
Besides, foxsports hooks it up for free a few hours a day.

I guess a better question, is how much would you be willing to pay for FightPass since it's so awesome and you don't mind repaying for stuff you already bought?

If they raised it to $20 a month would you still get it? How about $30?

And how many months is it going to take you to make it through the backlog of UFC fights? 1-2months? Unless you're super new to the sport, between repeats on Spike and foxsports over the years, you should be fairly caught up.

For starters, I dont mind rewatching fights if I enjoy them. Though I have been watching since UFC 2, there are still some fights I havent seen. Though I have seem many, there are still some EliteXC, Strikeforce, WEC, and Invicta fights I havent seen. I never saw the entire first Affliction card. I rewatch some fights for discussion purposes.

Before fight pass, I was buying a lot of UFC dvds. Fight Pass is a lot cheaper than buying all of the dvds. Not to mention that they never even made dvds for the Fight Night events.

If you dont have any desire to rewatch any of these fights, or.to see the ones you missed, thats fine. Its not for you. But for many of us, we like to see the ones we missed and rewatch the ones we enjoy. For us, its worth the 10 bucks.

As for how much I am willing to pay as prices increase, I dont know. Ask me when that happens. As of right now, 10 bucks is cheap enough that I dont mind paying it each month. For me, it really is like Netflix for fight fans.

hell yea, invicta. you guys went from 9,000 on a stream to about 9,750 on a stream. Great Work

Wtf is a WMMA?

Is it like Worldwide MMA, like Bellator and WSOF?

We already have a forum for that...

743.gif

Hmmm...fewer insecure little boys posting about how much they don`t like "girl fights". Maybe this indicates some progress.

Anyway, I`m just happy Invicta will be putting on cards again. With this set up, presumably they can do 6 cards a year, right?

No lie, I was just about to cancel my Fight Pass. I had it for a month or so and was like, "I`m just not getting my money`s worth out of this!" and was all set to cancel. Then I heard the rumor, so I waited. Now that it is confirmed, I will be keeping Fight Pass.

Arkain2! What happened? How`d you get dubs?

Jarl

P.S. Oh, and Sayonara and good riddance to Ustream!

lol, not all of us that dislike wmma are "insecure little boys" i watched the last invicta fc card and it didn't live up to my expectations at all.... It was a decision fest with mostly boring fights. twas not a good first impression

biggest thing about wmma supporters on this forum that piss me off is that they don't realize that there's several legit reasons to not liking WMMA right now....

-Technique is much lower than male counterpart
-135 division in UFC is so shallow that girls with 1-4 records are ranked in the top 15
-nobody can challenge the champion
etc.

Last edited:
hell yea, invicta. you guys went from 9,000 on a stream to about 9,750 on a stream. Great Work
Actually Invicta was doing about 5,000 on a stream. If even that. They are also going from a stream that almost never worked, and were forced to reimburse customers for, to one that does.

For starters, I dont mind rewatching fights if I enjoy them. Though I have been watching since UFC 2, there are still some fights I havent seen. Though I have seem many, there are still some EliteXC, Strikeforce, WEC, and Invicta fights I havent seen. I never saw the entire first Affliction card. I rewatch some fights for discussion purposes.

Before fight pass, I was buying a lot of UFC dvds. Fight Pass is a lot cheaper than buying all of the dvds. Not to mention that they never even made dvds for the Fight Night events.

If you dont have any desire to rewatch any of these fights, or.to see the ones you missed, thats fine. Its not for you. But for many of us, we like to see the ones we missed and rewatch the ones we enjoy. For us, its worth the 10 bucks.

As for how much I am willing to pay as prices increase, I dont know. Ask me when that happens. As of right now, 10 bucks is cheap enough that I dont mind paying it each month. For me, it really is like Netflix for fight fans.

I don't even use the fight library very often and Fightpass has been more than worth it for me. I got it for the Live international events and the exclusive prelims. Now they are offering even more live MMA. The international TUFs are cool too. The new content alone is worth $10 a month.

I don't even use the fight library very often and Fightpass has been more than worth it for me. I got it for the Live international events and the exclusive prelims. Now they are offering even more live MMA. The international TUFs are cool too. The new content alone is worth $10 a month.
For me, the library is the meat and potatoes, but I have also really enjoyed the rest of the content from the live figbts to TUF Brazil, etc.

Actually Invicta was doing about 5,000 on a stream. If even that. They are also going from a stream that almost never worked, and were forced to reimburse customers for, to one that does.

yea, I heard about the problems but they got sorted out and the event, according to them, and the ufc payout from op, was a success. I believe it, whether 5K or 9K, it prob was a success for them.

Anyway, the jump in viewership probably won't be substantial, since the ufc doesn't release subscriber #'s, I would believe they aren't very much. But good for them, they went from internet stream to internet stream. They should be proud? Happy? UFC fighters? Whatever, Shannon got paid, and so may her fighters, so that's a good move by her

yea, I heard about the problems but they got sorted out and the event, according to them, and the ufc payout from op, was a success. I believe it, whether 5K or 9K, it prob was a success for them.

Anyway, the jump in viewership probably won't be substantial, since the ufc doesn't release subscriber #'s, I would believe they aren't very much. But good for them, they went from internet stream to internet stream. They should be proud? Happy? UFC fighters? Whatever, Shannon got paid, and so may her fighters, so that's a good move by her
Not quite sure what you are even talking about. Invicta had to refund customers because the paywall crashed on their last ppv. They've had numerous issues with every ippv service they have used. Their business model was broken. That is not a success. Let me explain. When you have to put out money, and then lose a good deal of money in return, that is not a success.

Saying they went from an internet stream to another internet stream is just plain stupid. Even for a Sherdog poster. You have no clue what the Fight Pass numbers are, but I can guarantee it is a much bigger audience than what Invicta had access to before. The world's largest mma promotion is now distributing and promoting their content. I think that might get Invicta some exposure. This ain't just another internet stream. This saved Invicta.

Compare this to Invicta getting a deal with let's say CBS Sports Network. So they will get watched by the 50 people who watch Titan FC, get no money from the deal, and then quickly get dropped with the brand all but dead. Ugh.

Yeah, I think Invicta is quite proud of this deal. And maybe you need to attend some business classes.

Last edited:
Not quite sure what you are even talking about. Invicta had to refund customers because the paywall crashed on their last ppv. They've had numerous issues with every ippv service they have used. Their business model was broken. That is not a success. Let me explain. When you have to put out money, and then lose a good deal of money in return, that is not a success.

Saying they went from an internet stream to another internet stream is just plain stupid. Even for a Sherdog poster. You have no clue what the Fight Pass numbers are, but I can guarantee it is a much bigger audience than what Invicta had access to before. The world's largest mma promotion is now distributing and promoting their content. I think that might get Invicta some exposure. This ain't just another internet stream. This saved Invicta.

Compare this to Invicta getting a deal with let's say CBS Sports Network. So they will get watched by the 50 people who watch Titan FC, get no money from the deal, and then quickly get dropped with the brand all but dead. Ugh.

Yeah, I think Invicta is quite proud of this deal. And maybe you need to attend some business classes.

it will be a huge relief for invicta fans wondering IF the stream is going to work for the event or not. invicta employees will be relieved, as well, to know that they won't have any issues with the broadcast in terms of people actually being able to see the event. they lost so much money in refunds! :icon_sad:

it's nice to be able to watch a fight right away if you haven't seen it and someone mentions it as being a good one, or sometimes you just get a fight on your mind and think it would be good to watch that one again. anyway, good post. :)

Fight pass is still useless to me.

So they're offering me fights I used to get for free, fights i have already seen before, and now fights i never wanted to see.

Still not buying. I don't care if it is 5 cents, I don't pay for stuff that I previously got for free.

I would love for the entire UFC WMMA to move back to invicta fight pass cards and off of real UFC cards, but that would never ever happen.

Fightpass does not cause you to pay for cards you previously got for free. There are as many free events as previously. You are missing nothing you had before.

If you do not use the library and do not like Invicta cards, I can see why you would not get it.

-Technique is much lower than male counterpart
-135 division in UFC is so shallow that girls with 1-4 records are ranked in the top 15
-nobody can challenge the champion

Sounds like the first dozen or so UFC tourneys. I enjoy them.

This sums it up for me.

$10 is a great price point for this "Netflix of MMA" subscription model, and I hope they will stay that way while adding more deals with other international promotions in the future.

Back