Ufc fight pass - canadian changes?

jjjjjjjjjjohnny

JDP is the CHAMP!
@red
Reaction score
I received a message from fight pass. Can someone tell me what this means and what has changed?

Dear Canadian UFC FIGHT PASS Fan,

As of January 1, 2015, there will be a change to some of the live events that air on
UFC FIGHT PASS. Main events that air in the United States on FOX and FOX Sports 1, prelims that air on UFC on FOX and for all Pay-Per-View events and The Ultimate Fighter Finale Prelims and main events will now be available on-demand in Canada on an immediate replay basis after the events conclude.

UFC FIGHT PASS will continue to offer unrivaled value in terms of live events and live fights, as you will be able to watch international UFC Fight Night events streamed live on UFC FIGHT PASS. Plus, all of the UFC FIGHT PASS prelims, as well as the
UFC Fight Night prelims, will continue to be streamed live on UFC FIGHT PASS. In addition to the UFC action, you will also have access to live events from the all-women Invicta FC organization.

Canadian subscribers will continue to enjoy international versions of The Ultimate Fighter, all original UFC FIGHT PASS content, such as the acclaimed Fightography series, and of course, the world’s largest MMA fight library.

Thank you for being a loyal UFC fan and a continued UFC FIGHT PASS subscriber.

Sincerely,
UFC FIGHT PASS Team

Ppv are available right after the event for free?

Interesting...

Ppv are available right after the event for free?

Interesting...
You mis-read it.

OP: In 2014, Fightpass allowed you to watch ALL UFC fights live, OTHER THAN PPV MAIN CARDS.

Due to the UFC's deal with TSN in 2015, this is changing. TSN has the exclusive rights to air the events live. As such, all FOX events, including most prelims (such as PPV prelims) are now region blocked on Fightpass.

Exclusive Fightpass events and Fightpass prelims are still viewable on Fightpass live.

So, other than the first two fights, you can not watch Siver/Mcgregor live on fightpass in Canada.

This is Fucking incredible news. And just for you skeptics I just checked my email and this is true.

I normally can't watch the events anyways as I get home from work when they finish. My life just got a little better. On the down side, I wonder how long it'll be until they raise fight pass costs in addition to PPVs.

This is Fucking incredible news. And just for you skeptics I just checked my email and this is true.

I normally can't watch the events anyways as I get home from work when they finish. My life just got a little better. On the down side, I wonder how long it'll be until they raise fight pass costs in addition to PPVs.
You need to learn to read.

"Main events that air in the United States on FOX and FOX Sports 1, prelims that air on UFC on FOX and for all Pay-Per-View events..."

The prelims are available for PPV's, not the main card.

ffffffff

I hate TSN and I don't even live in Canada

Used to be able to watch CFL games on demand through their website. Now I have to be a subscriber through one of their many cable providers, obviously none of which are available where I am.

People on reddit were mad and sending emails and tweets to the UFC.

Read my comment again and show me where I said I believe PPVs are free after they're over. The only time I mentioned them was when I started talking about costs. I know how to read better than you could ever dream, people pay me to read over legal documents for loop holes and you're telling me I need to read.
Interesting.
The hypocrisy is strong here on sherdog. And your criticism truly is endless, to the point where it's just wrong. Like most of the garbage you contribute.

Edit: for all you Nancy Drews out there that realized I do legal work and still work late nights some how...I have 2 jobs. That's right. I make truck loads of cash more than you do and I'm 22.

Last edited:
Read my comment again and show me where I said I believe PPVs are free after they're over. The only time I mentioned them was when I started talking about costs. I know how to read better than you could ever dream, people pay me to read over legal documents for loop holes and you're telling me I need to read.
Interesting.
The hypocrisy is strong here on sherdog. And your criticism truly is endless, to the point where it's just wrong. Like most of the garbage you contribute.

Edit: for all you Nancy Drews out there that realized I do legal work and still work late nights some how...I have 2 jobs. That's right. I make truck loads of cash more than you do and I'm 22.
Ummm.. because you said it was "incredible news".

The entire purpose of the UFC's email was to say the amount of content was decreasing.

The only possible way the UFC could have increased the live content on Fightpass for Canadians would be if PPV's could somehow be viewable live, or immediately after the event.

Therefore, I would suggest to you that my inference is reasonable.

also, lol, nobody gives a shit that you review legal documents.

so basically, i don't need fight pass anymore because i can watch it on tsn?

The entire purpose of the UFC's email was to say the amount of content was decreasing.

The only possible way the UFC could have increased the live content on Fightpass for Canadians would be if PPV's could somehow be viewable live, or immediately after the event.

Fair enough. I just got fight pass 2 days ago so I figured that meant all those features were being added. I kind of blindly purchased it since I have so much cash. I guess I'll call up and cancel later today.

I still make more than you though. Haha jk. I mean, I do make more than you but it's not a very nice thing to say. I get quite offended when people suggest I'm no good at what I do. Oh and you do spew none sense most of the time.

Last edited:

So much this. Jesus, how fucking insecure can you get.

Fair enough. I just got fight pass 2 days ago so I figured that meant all those features were being added. I kind of blindly purchased it since I have so much cash. I guess I'll call up and cancel later today.

I still make more than you though. Haha jk. I mean, I do make more than you but it's not a very nice thing to say. I get quite offended when people suggest I'm no good at what I do. Oh and you do spew none sense most of the time.

lol I feel like a loser just spending time on the Internet. If I ever caught myself bragging to complete strangers about how much money I make I'd know I hit rock bottom.

Robin Black of Fight Network assured us there would be no blackouts but with TSN there always is, TSN will do main cards for non ppv events and ppv prelims, Fight Network will do all Prelims for Fox/FS1 and will show Fightpass exclusive events. Time to get a DVR or stream/download. Haters gonna hate but at the end of the day everything is available online after the event so just go look for it.

lol I feel like a loser just spending time on the Internet. If I ever caught myself bragging to complete strangers about how much money I make I'd know I hit rock bottom.

giphy.gif

You mis-read it.

OP: In 2014, Fightpass allowed you to watch ALL UFC fights live, OTHER THAN PPV MAIN CARDS.

Due to the UFC's deal with TSN in 2015, this is changing. TSN has the exclusive rights to air the events live. As such, all FOX events, including most prelims (such as PPV prelims) are now region blocked on Fightpass.

Exclusive Fightpass events and Fightpass prelims are still viewable on Fightpass live.

So, other than the first two fights, you can not watch Siver/Mcgregor live on fightpass in Canada.

Cancelling now

holy f this is why people don't read through threads before they ask the same question over. less than half the posts on this thread are about the thread topic, most bickering back and forth about retarded immature he said/she said....honestly people, who care's if a complete stranger didn't like or misinterpretted your comment?

anyways, to be clear, non ppv main events and main prelims will be available on fight pass right after the live airing? the original email jus says 'on demand'.... tsn will now show the non ppv main events and prelims that were on fight pass, and the pre-pre-lim will still be on fight pass?

Back