UFC Fight of the Year

MMAfanWA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The war between lightweights Jim Miller (22-4) and Joe Lauzon (22-8) at UFC 155 has been named the 'unofficial' fight of the year by the UFC. See a review of that fight here. In second place was the electrifying battle between Chan Sung Jung (13-3) and Dustin Poirier (13-3) from May last year. Read the full top-10 breakdown from the UFC.

1) Jim Miller vs Joe Lauzon
2) Chan Sung Jung vs Dustin Poirier
3) Eddie Yagain vs Mark Hominick
4) Benson Henderson vs Frankie Edgar I
5) Georges St Pierre vs Carlos Condit
6) Jon Fitch vs Erick Silva
7) Demetrious Johnson vs Joseph Benavidez
8) Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen II
9) James Te Huna vs Joey Beltran
10) Louis Gadenot vs John Linker

From www.mmaliveshere.com

Last edited:
Joe Lauzon vs Jamie Varner isn't on that list?

Thats weird because I thought Varner vs. Lauzon was better than all of those, and it didnt even make the list. Oh well

KZ/Poirier is #1.
Lauzon/Varner is #2.

That cannot be argued.

Varner vs. Lauzon was better. It was less one-sided.

Wait DJ/Benavidez and Te Huna/Beltran are on that list over Lauzon/Varner. What a joke.

I'm still mind blown that Silva vs Sonnen 2 is on it and Varner vs Lauzon isn't.

Ortiz Griffin 3 : D

Post fight antics really brough this one from a 4 star, to a 5 star imo.

Am I the only one who thinks Dunham vs Grant should be considered?

I was just about to say Grant and Dunham. And Varner Lauzon was one of my favorite fights. I loved Swick and Johnson. Wineland and Pickett over a lot of those fights. Jake E and Kampmann was amazing to.

im not going to argue about which is in fact the best bc that is subjective and seems like a dumb thing to argue about, but i think the general fights people agree with

kz / dp
both the lauzon fights
jim miller / nate diaz
hominick yagin was def awesome
georges / condit

etc. etc.

KZ/Poirier is #1.
Lauzon/Varner is #2.

That cannot be argued.

Haha, I'm sure it can be argued, but I happen to agree. Well, at least with KZ-Poirier.

I do think Lauzon/Varner was better than Lauzon-Miller, but I feel like there were other fights comparable.

I immediately thought of the Kampmann wins over Ellenberger and Alves, but I'd have to rewatch them- it might have just been the finishes that were epic.

GSP-Condit gets points because of the significance of the occassion.

But whatever, I think KZ definitely gets this one. That fight was bananas.

Goudinot/Lineker should easily be in everybodys top 5 if not top 3 for fights in 2012. The opening exchange is the greatest in UFC History.

1- KZ/Porier
2- Miller/Lauzon
3- Goudinot Lineker
4- Lauzon/Varner
5- Menjivar/Albert

Those are my top 5 UFC fights this year, Marquardt/Woodley makes my top 5 for fights this year all together. Yagin/Hominick and GSP/Condit were wars as well.

When Joe Lauzon retires (which will be a sad day for MMA indeed) I would like the FoTN award to be renamed to the "Lauzon Award". More than warranted methinks.

When Joe Lauzon retires (which will be a sad day for MMA indeed) I would like the FoTN award to be renamed to the "Lauzon Award". More than warranted methinks.

That's a really good idea.

Lauzon more than ombodies the concept.

Back