UFC Fight Night: Woodley vs. Burns

On sakai, gutierrez and spike vs billy u2.5.
Small on smolka cause hes sober and jacked.

Vitor, for an ex-155er Burns is not giving away size at this weightclass. At least not much. This guy is not Cowboy Cerrone it, weighing 174lbs on fight night for his WW bouts. He is cutting real weight. I don't think Tyron would have more than 5lbs. on Burns, if that. To me he looked big in his WW fights so far.
According to guys at BZ back a few years, Gil walked north of 200 while fighting at 155. He's bigger than Tyron.

According to guys at BZ back a few years, Gil walked north of 200 while fighting at 155. He's bigger than Tyron.

He looks bigger at the weigh ins too. By a pretty substantial margin.

I think Dern is overwhelmingly likely to finish Cifers. I know some ppl question her ability to get the TD's and quite a few seem to have bet Cifers for some reason but Dern hit TD's against most fighters before (they were ugly but she eventually got them down), including Montana De La Rosa who is a semi-competent grappler and wrestler that fights at 125lbs (I'd max out Montana to finish Cifers at odds over 1.50, for comparison) while Cifers (a natural 105lbs) made Angela Hill look like Khabib in her last bout. I actually kinda liked Dern's TD attempts vs Ribas too, OK none of them worked, or were close to working for that matter, but Ribas was a Brazil national team Judoka (which enabled her to control the grappling) and is clearly morphing into a top MMA fighter at ATT so that doesn't concern me, that kinda stuff has a good chance of working vs Cifers IMO who was taken down more than once by Jodie Esquibel who is a journeywoman atomweight boxer and whose job in MMA fighting is to be the 'Bad' Barry Horowitz of WMMA. Should Dern get Cifers down at any point, I don't think I have to justify believing that the fight will come to a very rapid end.

I bet 3u (which is, like, 2 million Zloty, for units nonbelievers)

I think Dern is overwhelmingly likely to finish Cifers. I know some ppl question her ability to get the TD's and quite a few seem to have bet Cifers for some reason but Dern hit TD's against most fighters before (they were ugly but she eventually got them down), including Montana De La Rosa who is a semi-competent grappler and wrestler that fights at 125lbs (I'd max out Montana to finish Cifers at odds over 1.50, for comparison) while Cifers (a natural 105lbs) made Angela Hill look like Khabib in her last bout. I actually kinda liked Dern's TD attempts vs Ribas too, OK none of them worked, or were close to working for that matter, but Ribas was a Brazil national team Judoka (which enabled her to control the grappling) and is clearly morphing into a top MMA fighter at ATT so that doesn't concern me, that kinda stuff has a good chance of working vs Cifers IMO who was taken down more than once by Jodie Esquibel who is a journeywoman atomweight boxer and whose job in MMA fighting is to be the 'Bad' Barry Horowitz of WMMA. Should Dern get Cifers down at any point, I don't think I have to justify believing that the fight will come to a very rapid end.

I bet 3u (which is, like, 2 million Zloty, for units nonbelievers)
You are a rich man! Good luck :)

Call me crazy, but I think we will see an aggro Woodley.

he’s been training in Thailand so he is probably trying to sharpen his Muay Thai skills. He definitely knew his low output/countering style has been “figured out” by your average handicapper... I’m sorry y’all, but I hope you guys who bet burns only bet like a hundred bucks on him.

Just watch dan hooker knocking out burns in the 1st round. Not the 3rd round after a war, i think a devseison figueraido would have walked through it.

t-wood doesn’t sweat anything, his gas tank is limited due to his figure, but he never gasses out due to his high fight iq/pacing...

If twood loses in horrible fashion, I will probably stop posting here out of true embarrassment y’all.

500 us dollar. This guy is a giant baller!
tenor.gif

Most of these fights are more or less short notice. All else equal, does anyone have any take on whether this is likely to lead to more finishes or more decisions?

I am sure this is a stupid question, but maybe someone who trains can answer this: say you spar with someone for the first time, and you don't know each other's styles or techniques particularly well, are the advantages/disadvantages the same for offence as for defense?

Elliott at -150 is def worth the risk, he's much better than scrub he's facing.

After that brutal beating I think my prediction on tbwoods voice being off were correct. Either that or like previous mention he has 1 foot out the door and is focusing on rapping....

After that brutal beating I think my prediction on tbwoods voice being off were correct. Either that or like previous mention he has 1 foot out the door and is focusing on rapping....
I mentioned in the live thread that just by looking at Woodley while he's walking to the ring, I can see that he looks faded and like a ghost similar to the Usman fight. That was enough for me to add even more on Burns and knew the same Woodley was returning once again. The last event I could also tell when fight was over in the Reem vs Harris main event near the end of the first when i was looking at Harris. I can't explain how but I get strong reads from fighter appearances and body language, breathing etc. on fight days and it helps a lot with my live betting. I wish my prebets were half as good this past month, I keep getting rekt and having to hedge live or straight up lose from sudden finishes or spikes in the odds making it not worthwhile to live bet. Ahh I'm hoping to step it up for UFC 250.

I liked Chookagian(however you spell it) all week and Jamahal Hill and never played them.

Thought I had a great bet in the under 2.5 fir the Rodriguez/Green fight but they're both just tough as fuck.

Tricky card for me, my picks weren't bad but by bets weren't great. I need to tidy up, be more selective and go with my initial instincts, which would have been Chook, Hill and Sakai

Back