UFC Fight Night: Sandhagen vs. Song, Sat, September 17

You see the run Chidi's on? The line's been slowly swinging to Chidi but I'm surprised he wasn't more of a favorite. He's a better kickboxer than the guy Rodrigues lost the decision to, and Rodrigues can be very hittable. Rodrigues can be dangerous on the ground but he really doesn't have great MMA grappling, surprisingly for his background, and Chidi defends well against anything that's not heavy pressure wrestling. It's prob my most confident pick of the card next to Sabatini.

The big difference between Chidi and Petro is Perto throws a lot of volume, Chidi is much more of a selective striker and he's a big kicker. I think he's faster and more dangerous moment to moment than Perto, but he needs space and time to set and throw kicks, he doesn't use a lot of filler volume like Perto does.

I think there is a good chance Chidi catches G-Rod and knocks him out, but Chidi's current run isn't a reason to back him confidently here, in my opinion.

Salter and Carvalho easily handled him just a few fights ago, Torres is a 15 and 12 fighter and Chidi kneed him in the groin several times in that fight, Souza is essentially amateur level and has failed to get signed from Contender series 3 times. Then you have MAB which was a 15 second KO and tells us nothing (I bet Chidi and Chidi KO1 there) and you have the Dusko win, which Chidi was getting cage pushed and controlled for the majority of the round before the elbow

G-Rod is hittable and fights stupid at times but he has shown consistency, power of his own, and even if he doesn't always make the best use of it he has the grappling as a back up

I'm not against a Chidi pick but I see no way this could be a confident pick either way.

What if Chidi doesn't get an early KO, what does his round winning game look like here? He isn't likely to out volume or out grapple G-Rod, so he has to win rounds off big moments, knock downs maybe?

I think Santos is better technically, physically much stronger, and has a far better gas tank than Agapova. I can't remember (and maybe she has and I'm forgetting) Agapova ever controlling someone for long stretches on the mat.

Taila is definitely better on the ground, she was controlling Valentina for decent periods of time.

I think Santos is better technically, physically much stronger, and has a far better gas tank than Agapova. I can't remember (and maybe she has and I'm forgetting) Agapova ever controlling someone for long stretches on the mat.

She did decent in the first round against Moroz, took her back and got the hooks in, she’s a bjj purple belt or brown belt by now. With a decent reversal, 5 sub wins, she’s gotta know something, another thing to note is Gillian has been getting subbed lately in grappling tournaments by lesser known fighters, maybe a stretch to assume from pure bjj, but she could be eroding in skill.

Get ups aren't really part of getting a black belt in BJJ anyway. As long as you can do a technical standup you could probably get a black belt without knowing any get ups at all.
at least a reversal, to top, could be a more wrestling thing, but she’s not the best top control grappler, i always seen Gillian as a submission over position type grappler.

I favor Motta but he's a too big of a favorite. My book has him by KO @ +120. Not enough for me.
I'm waiting til weigh-ins. Cameron is a big boy and he actually hurt Fialho before getting reckless and Koed. That was at 170lbs.

+120 is 45% which is pretty high although it seems like the likeliest result. I was trying to talk myself into a bet on Cameron but the guy looked slow at 170 and Mottas hands are fast for a 155er and he is countering with combos. Motta is chinny himself and can be low volume and could be hurt himself but you gotta favour him standing. I thought Millers inside leg kicks were giving him a problem though. Not sure about the grappling but I think Motta can keep it standing and disengage from cagepush/td attempts like he was doing vs Miller. I don't see Cameron having a great takedown game or anything. I didn't bet anything anyway. Not sure I can make Motta by KO a bigger possibility than 45% but maybe it is?

She did decent in the first round against Moroz, took her back and got the hooks in, she’s a bjj purple belt or brown belt by now. With a decent reversal, 5 sub wins, she’s gotta know something, another thing to note is Gillian has been getting subbed lately in grappling tournaments by lesser known fighters, maybe a stretch to assume from pure bjj, but she could be eroding in skill.

at least a reversal, to top, could be a more wrestling thing, but she’s not the best top control grappler, i always seen Gillian as a submission over position type grappler.
Gillian is quite good on top and at controlling position

I doubt that competing in multiple tournaments is going to erode her skill

she’s still competed in ______ more tournaments than agapova, who prefers to spend her time doing drugs and stabbing people

she’s still competed in ______ more tournaments than agapova, who prefers to spend her time doing drugs and stabbing people
Lol

Gillian is levels above Agapova. As long as Agapova doesn't go crazy and catch her in the 1st, she's got this. Very confident. Grabbed Gillian early at evens.

Slander.

She only THREATENS to stab people while on drugs. At the gym. Plus she allegedly also stalks teammates pregnant wives and threatens to stab them as well. She also is reported to enjoy crashing cars while under the influence. CarS. Plural. And begging teammates for food $ because she's spent all her $ at the clubs.

We can't pigeonhole this young woman guys. She has plenty of hobbies that take up her time.

Slander.

She only THREATENS to stab people while on drugs. At the gym. Plus she allegedly also stalks teammates pregnant wives and threatens to stab them as well. She also is reported to enjoy crashing cars while under the influence. CarS. Plural. And begging teammates for food $ because she's spent all her $ at the clubs.

We can't pigeonhole this young woman guys. She has plenty of hobbies that take up her time.
And this is why I get banned for fighter bashing…

Back