T.J. Dillashaw def. Cory Sandhagen via split decision

ShoddyFearlessArgentineruddyduck-size_restricted.gif
UnawareAcceptableEeve-size_restricted.gif
NastyJointHarrierhawk-size_restricted.gif
IdioticLivelyIndianskimmer-size_restricted.gif

AccomplishedEmbarrassedAfricanporcupine-size_restricted.gif
VibrantThoroughDouglasfirbarkbeetle-size_restricted.gif
OffensiveWellinformedAuklet-size_restricted.gif

Great fight. Could have seen it gone either way. Obviously looked like Sandhagen had him beat in damage, maybe TJ had the volume/momentum moving him back. Kind of a tossup. Not mad about it.

Darren Elkins def. Darrick Minner via TKO

ApprehensiveTautHerald-size_restricted.gif
BouncyPerfumedAmericancrow-size_restricted.gif
ElasticVagueHammerheadshark-size_restricted.gif
OrangeLeanArctichare-size_restricted.gif

Adrian Yanez def. Randy Costa via TKO

CheerfulMajesticGreendarnerdragonfly-size_restricted.gif
SpryIdealIsabellineshrike-size_restricted.gif
LawfulSneakyKillifish-size_restricted.gif
FearlessEqualEgret-size_restricted.gif

Nassourdine Imavov def. Ian Heinisch via TKO

CreativeQualifiedAmphibian-size_restricted.gif
InsidiousPoisedBergerpicard-size_restricted.gif
SafeBabyishBuck-size_restricted.gif
ActiveHospitableDarklingbeetle-size_restricted.gif

I missed the fight everyone think TJ really won? Split decision usually has a good amount of controversy.

I mean, I think Cory won, under my criteria
but I can see how TJ won considering the terrible judging we've had for years

in other words, I expected Bruce to announce TJ's name as the victor

TJ really did a number on the air. Maycee Barber & Leonard Garcia were very proud tonight.

I missed the fight everyone think TJ really won? Split decision usually has a good amount of controversy.

Cory was winning the striking exchanges

TJ was winning in the grappling exchanges. I think won based on octagon control. Pressed Cory on the cage majority of the fight and got a couple take downs. I edged towards Cory but I can see why they gave it to TJ

Hang on, there's no gifs of tj's brutal cage pushing and back hugging that somehow won him the fight?

Reactions: Yep
Hilarious how TJ try's to do some fancy head movement and still gets dropped for it.

Great fight. Could have seen it gone either way. Obviously looked like Sandhagen had him beat in damage, maybe TJ had the volume/momentum moving him back. Kind of a tossup. Not mad about it.

I was not really going for anyone. So by the 5th round I thought I would hate to have to judge this fight.

TJ put the pace on Cory and it made him look good before the judges. But, Cory gave more damage and was more effective with his strikes when he landed. But TJ kept pulling off what he wanted to do in his game plan while Cory looked out of place more times with his game plan. I would say the pressure and TJ being able to will his gameplay seem to cause him the win.

Cory with a few adjustments will win in a rematch imo. His strengths on the ground caused him the lost in the eye of the judges. Like when, TJ said his knee popped, it was at that time he decided to not escape and lean forward to land some shots on Cory's face...TJ hit him with some shots that at least looked good even if they had little power as DC said.

Cory could go anywhere on the ground with TJ so he was trying those leg locks. He felt so comfortable that it ended up making TJ look good. I just think if Cory did not go overboard with the leg locks and the spinning moves he would have won the fight. Those rounds he lost were for those reason. Had he not done that he probably would have won 3 rounds into the 5th making TJ having to finish him.

What was smart is how TJ arm locked him but did not waste energy taking him down. He just kept coming at Cory with a pace that made Cory have a tougher time in the latter rounds. Even getting punched more than usual and looking out of place when striking.

I can't say I was upset with the judges. Anthony Smith had it 4-1 for Cory lol...But another panelist had it 2-2 as Khabib, in Cory post fight interview most media seem to say Cory won.

This is a fight to watch again and something to help become a better judge, Is the 10-8 and 10-9 rules enough in MMA to judge a fight?

Back