UFC Fight Night heads to Connecticut on September 5th, same night as Bellator 123

juddy96

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
And yes, that is the same Friday as Bellator's season 11 opening show... 10 miles away from Mohegan Sun, at Foxwoods.

RJ Clifford ‏@RJcliffordMMA 4m

The UFC heads back to Connecticut for a Friday Fight Night on September 5th on Fox Sports 1. Main event pending. via @FOXSports1

Last edited:
This is the UFC saying, ok Bellator we see you, HULK SMASH!

There was no indication of them going to Connecticut before this and now suddenly they put the event on a friday night which they almost never do and they do it only miles away from where Bellator is doing their season opening.

Depends on which card is better...

Now Bellator will be more pressured into putting one of their better titles on the line instead of just filling the card out with tournament fights.

Now Bellator will be more pressured into putting one of their better titles on the line instead of just filling the card out with tournament fights.

Well ...

That's good for us!

Doubt Bellator does anything out of the normal.

One things for sure, Jimmies are rustled. I guess Dana didn't mean it when he said "good luck on that PPV":icon_chee

Whatever is cheaper I'll be going to.

That means Bellator.

Bellators tickets will be far cheaper and could easily stack the card with bigger names where as the UFC won't since it's just a fight night. That's all mma needs is bellator doing better than UFC never hear the end of it from Bjorn.

I'm kind of expecting the UFC to stack this card and make ticket prices very reasonable just to stick it to Bellator.

The last time the UFC ran a live card against a major competitor was Strikeforce: Henderson vs Babalu 2 which had Hendo, Lawler, Babalu and Daley. What did the UFC do to counter? Igor vs. Bonnar. I think people are overrating their care factor. They ran one of their worst cards on paper against one of Strikeforce's best.

Definitely going to one of these, whichever has the best card

Fun fact: 1/2 of the main event from when the UFC last came to Connecticut in 2005 is currently in the UFC, Andrei Arlovski.

Just went to Google maps to get driving directions between the two venues to see the distance in miles, it's 9.77 miles from one venue to another. That's like nothing.

Back