UFC Fight Night - Gane vs Volkov - Official Discussion

wtf is going on with 5dimes right now

under UFC, gane is -140
under reduced, gane is -152

I have never seen the reduced line more juiced than the regular line in my life, and I've been betting MMA on 5dimes since 2009. (holy shit I have wasted my life.)

Blaydes: got manhandled / dominated / controlled for majority of 5 rounds
Not really true. Volkov conceded takedowns and then decided to stall with closed guard rather than try to return to his feet. This strategy worked extremely well for volkov against werdum, and it's doubtful gane can be as effective with takedowns as blaydes.

volkov dominated blaydes round 5, and arguably won round 4 as well. (Two official judges gave rd4 volkov). Under Pride/ONE rules, Volkov possibly won.

Michel Prazeres is going to be at a 7" height disadvantage and 9.5" reach disadvantage today vs Shavkat Rakhmonov <Lmaoo><Eek2.0> I'll be shocked if he finds a way to get this done especially after popping for roids, nearing 40 years old and over 2 years of inactivity.

Michel Prazeres is going to be at a 7" height disadvantage and 9.5" reach disadvantage today vs Shavkat Rakhmonov <Lmaoo><Eek2.0> I'll be shocked if he finds a way to get this done especially after popping for roids, nearing 40 years old and over 2 years of inactivity.
It will be shocking... but Prazeres is still one of the toughest guys Rakhmonov has ever faced.

Do you think that because of Valiev's skill set or because of his impressive record? Barcelos is the real deal imo, he's great everywhere. Shame he wasn't 5 years younger, I think age is gonna beat him more than anything.

Could be wrong, but its a wide line against a quality opponent.

What made me think it would be close is Barcelos's fight against Said. Said was able to maintain range for most part, and only lost bc he did one too many spinny shit techniques and allowed Barcelos to grab hold of him in R3.

I think Valiev presents similiar problems with range, he is a guy who uses alot of kicks and novement and can maintain that pace for 3 rounds.

Im in 2 minds tho bc, as you say, Barcelos is the real deal. He hits harder and i think has the edge if it does get to the ground. I could be underestimating Barcelos here. Im surprised that the line hasnt narrowed, and thats making me hesitate.

Edit: after dancing around this read. I decided to play it for a whole 0.5u. Wish me luck.

Last edited:
I think he's worth a shot at those odds, I think on paper despite his relative inexperience that Gane is still one of the toughest challenges Volkov has faced in quite a while.

Last 4 opponents for Volkov:

Overeem: super old and washed
Walt Harris: one dimensional and never that good
Blaydes: got manhandled / dominated / controlled for majority of 5 rounds
Greg Hardy: enough said

It's still a close fight but there's no way Volkov is just gonna walk through Gane, especially since it's probably gonna be fought at Gane's pace standing for 5 rounds.

Yeah I agree with all you said. I couldn't pass and feel like it's a no lose bet on either side. I didn't want to pay more than -160 or whatever it was earlier this week but understand the Volkov line of reasoning. I guess it just boils down to Gane doing what we somewhat know he is capable of but hasn't shown - which is taking the next step. He's got the tools and athleticism. If he loses I won't be caught off guard. I'm just taking the chance he closes the distance and gets to where we've seen Volkov be hittable.

I also took a stab on Jaynes at +145. I can't lie, I hate Rosa and he has been knocked out several times before by heavy punchers. If a fool is willing to bet 25K on himself and he needs the money, especially since if he loses here he's likely to be cut, sign me up too. I'll believe Jaynes wins when I see it (he sucks as well) but hey, no one saw that Camacho knockout coming either.

At current odds I'm tempted to put something on Julija but I haven't researched it so I'll probably pass on that bout entirely.

Do you think that because of Valiev's skill set or because of his impressive record? Barcelos is the real deal imo, he's great everywhere. Shame he wasn't 5 years younger, I think age is gonna beat him more than anything.
I think the UFC is gonna age him out of the title picture so they don’t have a Brazilian champ who doesn’t speak English.

Lol what is Jaynes doing, just content to lay there. Congrats on not getting paid and also getting cut you bum!!!

Anyone with experience using bet99? safe?

Back