UFC Fight Night: Font vs. Aldo

I was born there so there ya go twins. I mean we can go around in circles all day, I have already done it in discord haha. Stosic is the better wrestler, Crute might not get them as easy against Hill. Kennedy is another huge guy that is hard to take down and hold down and Stosic was throwing him around when he decided to wrestle. If we are talking about control, wasn't too impressed with Crutes control over a middleweight in Mikal. He was muscling him down because he was so much bigger but he kept standing back up. With 2 minutes to go in the first, Mikal actually disengaged and they were standing in the middle again until Crute shot again. Mikal was gassed at that point but still got up. Had money on Crute and I was nervous he was going to gass himself out thank God Mikal gassed first. Alot of Hills regional footage Hill is doing the same thing as Mikal. Crute tried taking Modestas down too, shot on his knees, got him up against cage didn't seem to have success then kneed MOdestas in nuts. I don't count his takedowns over Craig or Smith who get blown over by a gust of wind. Lots of assumptions in this fight, I am going off by what I have seen from Hill and Crute and trying to play the value side. I don't expect to convince you or anyone else, odds are not moving for 2 weeks so clearly im on my own little island.
Hill is the value side. I’m playing him as well. His tdd is good and he will beat crute up standing

How do you guys feel about Jake Matthews this fight?

Does anyone else here do tape study for fights? Since I've started its completely changed the way I bet on fights for the better. I used to just look at stats alone and go off memory but now watching tape on both fighters makes a gigantic difference! I use MMATapeIndex.com but just wondering if anyone else does too?

Some spots I like on this card so far:

Puelles / Menefield / Font
A lot of guys here tape.

but if you really want to get good, We have a guy @guesswhoseback who uses his pet camel. Whosever name the camel’s spit lands on is who he adds into his parlays

Now he could teach you a thing or two about probability

I hate not being 21 and living in FL (gambling isn’t allowed)

I can’t do much with just DFS.

Speaking of here are the different fighters I picked on DK:
Aldo
Gall
Puelles
Pitolo
Martin
Gall
Allen
Matthews
Smolka
Kape
Crute (I’m not sure about this one)

I hate not being 21 and living in FL (gambling isn’t allowed)

I can’t do much with just DFS.

Speaking of here are the different fighters I picked on DK:
Aldo
Gall
Puelles
Pitolo
Martin
Gall
Allen
Matthews
Smolka
Kape
Crute (I’m not sure about this one)

LOL thats why u dont gamble? really theres no way around that I started off at 16

Does Fonts reach, 1-2 combos and volume outdo Aldos leg kicks and new found boxing passion? I'm not sold on Aldo v 2.0 based on the munoz fight alone but I think Font also is hyped after 2 wins against top guys on an obvious decline.

Tought fight to pick

I was born there so there ya go twins. I mean we can go around in circles all day, I have already done it in discord haha. Stosic is the better wrestler, Crute might not get them as easy against Hill. Kennedy is another huge guy that is hard to take down and hold down and Stosic was throwing him around when he decided to wrestle. If we are talking about control, wasn't too impressed with Crutes control over a middleweight in Mikal. He was muscling him down because he was so much bigger but he kept standing back up. With 2 minutes to go in the first, Mikal actually disengaged and they were standing in the middle again until Crute shot again. Mikal was gassed at that point but still got up. Had money on Crute and I was nervous he was going to gass himself out thank God Mikal gassed first. Alot of Hills regional footage Hill is doing the same thing as Mikal. Crute tried taking Modestas down too, shot on his knees, got him up against cage didn't seem to have success then kneed MOdestas in nuts. I don't count his takedowns over Craig or Smith who get blown over by a gust of wind. Lots of assumptions in this fight, I am going off by what I have seen from Hill and Crute and trying to play the value side. I don't expect to convince you or anyone else, odds are not moving for 2 weeks so clearly im on my own little island.
I think Crute would off get the sub if he had taken Keneddy like that few times.But to each his own,yeah we don't need to go back and forth about that fight no more.Looking forward to reading your 2 cents of the rest of the card,specialy Santos-Guida.

Does Fonts reach, 1-2 combos and volume outdo Aldos leg kicks and new found boxing passion? I'm not sold on Aldo v 2.0 based on the munoz fight alone but I think Font also is hyped after 2 wins against top guys on an obvious decline.

Tought fight to pick
Font will have the jab working for him and will have the cardio advantage over 5.Aldo still throws those leg kicks in much lower volume than his prime days.And him grappling Chito won't be much of a deal I think,Chito's grappling really sucks,Font is better there.I believe in Font.

Font will have the jab working for him and will have the cardio advantage over 5.Aldo still throws those leg kicks in much lower volume than his prime days.And him grappling Chito won't be much of a deal I think,Chito's grappling really sucks,Font is better there.I believe in Font.

aldo has a better jab than font, he literally does everything better than him. Doesn’t make sense to pay juice for a guy who’s going to have to rely on his opponent slowing down in the late rounds to win

Font has terrible TDD, he can scramble fairly well. I agree font can win on his jab as Aldo tends to eat straights and straight combos.

However, The Aldo we saw in the 3rd against Munhoz can beat Front. He threw 4 or 5 heavy low kicks (font and all NE Cartel guys) are abysmal at checking leg kicks and stand heavy in their lead leg.

I slightly favor font but not enough to lay anything significant on the fight. I'll see how the money line moves come fight night

Tought fight to pick
Font only has 1 inch reach advantage over Aldo. No more midgets like Cody or Marlon who are chinny AND giving up more then 3 inches each. Aldo will stay in the pocket look to counter the jab and wont give up the centre

Back