UFC Fight Night 91: McDonald vs. Lineker Main Card (Discussion) 9pm ET/6pm PT/ 2am UK

Lando got ahead of himself, he said...

I feel he cracked Tony & thought he could get cocky. Standing handz down in order to let Tony take a free shot? You will learn bro... that iz not the way. haha.

I loved Lando'z performance till then... after that he waz gone.

How can Lineker have so much power for being such a short dude.......

Yeah okay, somewhere Manhoef, Lombard, Serra, Dodson, Mike Easton, Kid Yamamoto are compelled to roll their eyes at the very utterance of those words. All very short for their preferred weight classes, all slept people much larger than them with ease.

Yeah okay, somewhere Manhoef, Lombard, Serra, Dodson, Mike Easton, Kid Yamamoto are compelled to roll their eyes at the very utterance of those words. All very short for their preferred weight classes, all slept people much larger than them with ease.
I know they exist lol. I just don't understand the science behind it. I am no fight professor so please educate me.

I know they exist lol. I just don't understand the science behind it. I am no fight professor so please educate me.
A lot of it has to do with the physics applied behind their punching form and the manner they choose to throw. They are all also out of this world type fast. Factor in that speed with how their limbs are close, and compact as in tight to their body. Most of the power in a punch starts from the ground, up through the hamstrings, glutes, hips and then the core onto the arm and then the end point which is the fist. Because their limbs are usually shorter, they are closer to the origin of the torque. Meaning, the max power of the punch is just before the end of its extension. These guys know how to apply proper form for their body type, combine it with speed and torque and timing, for maximum effectiveness.

Landon "wake up call" Vannata in the house teaching long time vet that you cannot sleep on any opponent!

upload_2016-7-14_0-49-33.png

A lot of it has to do with the physics applied behind their punching form and the manner they choose to throw. They are all also out of this world type fast. Factor in that speed with how their limbs are close, and compact as in tight to their body. Most of the power in a punch starts from the ground, up through the hamstrings, glutes, hips and then the core onto the arm and then the end point which is the fist. Because their limbs are usually shorter, they are closer to the origin of the torque. Meaning, the max power of the punch is just before the end of its extension. These guys know how to apply proper form for their body type, combine it with speed and torque and timing, for maximum effectiveness.
Ahhh okay that actually makes a lot of sense.

Thank you for explaining that,appreciate it!

This kid is a beast. Some just needs to reign him in a little and he can be dangerous. Should be fighting at 145 though.

He's already with Jackson/Wink, if they haven't reigned him in by now, I don't think anyone can. He's a wild man, like a white featherweight Michael Page, but better.

All right... so you feel Ferg fought recklessly.

Lando capitalized against the top of the division & if it wasn't for Ferg'z chin Lando would be hand raised. Much love to Ferg... but can we please give some respect for Lando'z 1st UFC fight? Dude threw down against the top of the division!

I thought he fought well, I like his movement and diverse striking attack. And he came in on short notice, I'm just saying I think Ferg took him a bit lightly.

Tony'z chin won that one!

Landon Calrissian got my interest for hiz next fight!

How many Russian refs were there tonight?

I saw at least 3 or 4 fighters take worse beatings than Fedor but the refs kept letting the fights go on. I thought only Russian refs did this?

Great card tonight. Blew UFC 200 out of the water.

I want to see him fight Cruz. Then again, strong possibly Cruz makes him hit air for 25 minutes. Prefer a fresh matchup over a rematch with Dillashaw though.

That Dilly fight was good. I know we were all hyped by how phenomenal Cruz looked despite the injuries and time off but Dilly fought well. I think the rematch will be great. It was a close fight and Dilly deserves a rematch.

That Dilly fight was good. I know we were all hyped by how phenomenal Cruz looked despite the injuries and time off but Dilly fought well. I think the rematch will be great. It was a close fight and Dilly deserves a rematch.

I'd love to see the original fight Garbrandt vs Linekar for the next shot after Dillashaw. I'm really not sure what the matchmakers were thinking of when they made Cody vs Mizugaki though.

I'd love to see the original fight Garbrandt vs Linekar for the next shot after Dillashaw. I'm really not sure what the matchmakers were thinking of when they made Cody vs Mizugaki though.

They're just trying to build him up more, get some hype behind him.

Enjoyed this more than the main card of UFC 200. Louis looked great, Landon and Lineker too, exciting fights.

Aaaahhhhhhh shiet ! My boy Mayday lost big time !! Goddamnit !! He is still my boy tho ... all the way.
Congrats to Lineker .... Lineker vs Garbrandt would be fun.

Back