UFC Fight Night 73: Michael Johnson vs Beneil Dariush PBP (Discussion)

Yes it is when its part of your main game plan, and you're attempting them over and over and over, and failing. .

You clearly dont know how this works.

So wat about MJs over reliance on striking, and missing a fuck load of punches? Wouldnt that be the same? Should he be punished for that as well then? open your other eye ffs. This place lol

Volume doesn't mean a whole lot when you're short or missing most of your punches. Johnson was. Dariush wasn't throwing as much but he looked to me to be landing better in rounds 2-3. I could see it going 1-2 for MJ but could see it as 2-3 for Dariush as well. I wanted Johnson to win and I thought he was blowing it.

Johnson was the busiest of the two, hell Dariush missed all but two knees and every takedown but Johnson lost cause he threw more? Can't pick and choose which criteria applies and doesn't. Johnson lost the last round but that's not plausible to lose the entire fight.

As stuffed TD is not a point scored for the guy that avoids it. What it CAN be seen as, is an ATTEMPT to score for the guy that shoots. You dont lose anything by failing to take a guy down.

Beniel took over with his jab in the 2nd and 3rd round. Michael was following him around throwing 1-2s. It could have gone either way. MJ needs to step up his game.

I thought MJ won 2 out of 3 rounds soundly but thats what you get for trying to coast and win by out pointing your opponent.

Yeah, he screwed up in the last round, could have been more aggressive. But hell, I thought he won the first two rounds. Yeah, the second was close, but he still won it. MJ will be taking it on whomever he faces next. I thought Dariush would have his best chance in taking it to the ground, he basically tried to do that once. Shitty. Shitty fight.

he was by far the faster fighter in the first 2 rds. he wasn't in the 3rd. not giving him 1 and 2 is a joke. he hurt his opponent several times and stuffed every takedown.

I will have to see the gif where he hurt his opponent several times. I didn't see it. Big difference between landing a shot and "hurting" him. He was never hurt. Johnson's face looked more hurt and swollen. I dont like the type of fighter MJ is. Point fighting.....wait till 5 seconds left and go for a flying knee and make it look pretty. MJ is getting more and more careful. Maybe he learns a lesson that careful doesn't get you there. Round 2 was the deciding round. MJ Obviously won rd 1, but rd 2 was probably the rd where the judges were split. Commentators can be wrong. that is all.

Johnson was the busiest of the two, hell Dariush missed all but two knees and every takedown but Johnson lost cause he threw more? Can't pick and choose which criteria applies and doesn't. Johnson lost the last round but that's not plausible to lose the entire fight.

I thought Dariush landed more in rounds 2 and 3 as Johnson missed most of his punches. Throwing a lot doesn't mean much if you're not landing anything. MJ won round 1 and I thought halfway through 2 that he was gonna blow this.

I thought Dariush landed more in rounds 2 and 3 as Johnson missed most of his punches. Throwing a lot doesn't mean much if you're not landing anything. MJ won round 1 and I thought halfway through 2 that he was gonna blow this.
According to the UFC website the 2nd round was actually the more lopsided round for Johnson. 24-20 in the 1st and 35-22 in the 2nd.

According to the UFC website the 2nd round was actually the more lopsided round for Johnson. 24-20 in the 1st and 35-22 in the 2nd.

I don't believe it.

Where the fuck did they get those judges? MJ better get his win money and a top 5 fight. Make Dariush fight Bobby Green.

This.

Back