UFC Fight Night 59 is on a Sunday???

HeavyHands20

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Just curious why the McGregor/Siver Fight Night is being held on a Sunday Night?

The event is taking place here in the United States and not overseas and there isn't a UFC event going on the night before. Is there any insight to the decision behind this scheduled event?

fn59-sched.0.jpg

NFL bro. Watch some fooseball then stay sitting down and enjoy the fights. They are gonna promote the shit out of this fight during the Cowboys Packers game. They were already during the cowboys game yesterday.

The UFC is rooting for the Cowboys to be in the NFC championship game the same day as the fights

The NFL Conference Championships (AFC and NFC) are both on Sunday

It would have made sense to not have competed on the same night with them, hence, not changing the normal format of having an event on a Saturday evening

The following Monday is also a holiday in the US, MLK day, so a decent % of people have a long weekend.

The NFL Conference Championships (AFC and NFC) are both on Sunday

It would have made sense to not have competed on the same night with them, hence, not changing the normal format of having an event on a Saturday evening

The final NFL play off game starts at 340p and the fights start at 7. Promote the hell out of the fights during the NFC champ game at noon and people wont forget about the fights at 7

They are gonna promote the shit out of this fight during the Cowboys Packers game

I assume they will be promoting the shit out of the UFC event during the NFC Championship game as well. Makes perfect sense from an advertising stand point

Sunday is God's day after all.

Also some game on or summin....

This was a FOX Executive decision more than a UFC decision. Great business decision

This was a FOX Executive decision more than a UFC decision. Great business decision

Just too bad Fox could not secure the NFC game right before the fights. That would have worked out really good without any overtime.

I think I saw the commercial for this fight atleast 2 times during the Cowboys game yesterday

Back