UFC Fight Night 59 draws record high ratings on FS1

this guy gets it

1414919459_goat_twisting_neck.gif

...it's the kind of planning that gets people to keep watching your network in large numbers and gets them to money off ad revenue.

You think it'd be a bright idea to burn through the fights in an hour, have people change the channel and never return to FS1?
I never said they should burn through the fights as fast as possible.

My point was it should of been a little more balanced. Putting a fighter whose notorious for being boring (Tibau) as the first fight and then having a bunch of goons blabbing for half an hour isn't really a solid plan to keep the casuals watching (I consider myself a die hard fan and I almost turned it off, especially since it was a Sunday night in which most people had work the next day).

I understand that they had to draw it out a bit for Ads but that doesn't excuse purposely putting a boring fighter first and then blabbing half an hour for absolutely no reason (there was still three fights left, its not like the first fight was a first round knockout).

Like hell they do.

Most UFC shows do 600-700K averages.

And yeah, he'll never be on TV again. There's no way. I don't see how he isn't on PPV every fight for the rest of his career.

Exactly what i was thinking, Hope everyone enjoyed that free conor fight, With those numbers it is likely to be the last.

A black guy who works in the office next to me is a huge boxing fan. He has never cared for MMA whatsoever but he has been talking about the Conor fight all night long.

Conor is definitely bringing people over.

As Sherdog's honorary token black guy, i can confirm black people def love some Conor McGregor.

Now if we could just get white people to stop hating Jones so hard the world would be all right lol.

As Sherdog's honorary token black guy, i can confirm black people def love some Conor McGregor.

Now if we could just get white people to stop hating Jones so hard the world would be all right lol.

I'm white and don't hate Jones, but I have to admit I warmed up to him about a year ago.

I never said they should burn through the fights as fast as possible.

My point was it should of been a little more balanced. Putting a fighter whose notorious for being boring (Tibau) as the first fight and then having a bunch of goons blabbing for half an hour isn't really a solid plan to keep the casuals watching (I consider myself a die hard fan and I almost turned it off, especially since it was a Sunday night in which most people had work the next day).

I understand that they had to draw it out a bit for Ads but that doesn't excuse purposely putting a boring fighter first and then blabbing half an hour for absolutely no reason (there was still three fights left, its not like the first fight was a first round knockout).

He was a late replacement for Masvidal.

Pretty soon Zuffa will be paying for acting classes for their top fighters so they can portray a gimmick. It's about to be real life wwe up in here oy vey.

Or maybe it's the fact he is knocking everyone out.

Pretty soon Zuffa will be paying for acting classes for their top fighters so they can portray a gimmick. It's about to be real life wwe up in here oy vey.

The UFC and MMA has always been like that. People need to stop pretending like this is something new. If anything its less WWE like then in the Tito/Ken days

Actually combat sports has always been like this

They've had more commercials in football games for this fight than any other. I think they even had Conor on one of the broadcasts?

FOX put on those commercials, not the UFC. That would be my guess, since they were all on FOX that I saw, and were for a FOX show ...

I take it they mean record for a UFC event on FS1? Certainly a 1.7 isn't the overall record for FS1. If it is, that's kinda pathetic.

Anyways, they promoted the shit out of McGregor. No surprise.

UFC fight nights (unless it's recently changed) were most of the top rated FS1 shows. So they actually mean FS1 record.

Like hell they do.

Most UFC shows do 600-700K averages.

And yeah, he'll never be on TV again. There's no way. I don't see how he isn't on PPV every fight for the rest of his career.

If Aldo wins 145 will return to obscurity. The best thing for MMA and 145ers would be GOAT winning. Too bad he probably loses.

How is it WWE? Conor goes in there and beats the fuck out of Siver's face. Do you want to step in the Octagon and see if your face gets bashed in? It's WWE alright. Step in there, buddy.

WWE gets higher ratings with crap shows

its nowhere near wwe

FOX put on those commercials, not the UFC. That would be my guess, since they were all on FOX that I saw, and were for a FOX show ...

Yeah, I'm not a football guy, but it stands to reason that Fox would promote another one of their networks.

The whole reason UFC is on their network is to build the FS1 platform. They asked for Conor, they got him, they promoted the heck out of him with the UFC.

It's not hard to figure out.

Yeah, I'm not a football guy, but it stands to reason that Fox would promote another one of their networks.

The whole reason UFC is on their network is to build the FS1 platform. They asked for Conor, they got him, they promoted the heck out of him with the UFC.

It's not hard to figure out.

Really the UFC was FS1. Nascar may have overtaken it at some point, but all the highest rated shows were UFC FN cards for a while.

Really the UFC was FS1. Nascar may have overtaken it at some point, but all the highest rated shows were UFC FN cards for a while.

Yeah, UFC is all over their top shows list. NASCAR and something else I think popped a rating a while back. It's not a consistent high drawing thing for them.

That's why the UFC puts on so many shows on FS1, tho. They're there to help build this network.

Back