UFC Fight Night 59 draws an average of 2.751 million viewers (3.1 mil peak)

Conor is a bit of a draw, but let's not kid ourselves. Much of that was putting it on following playoff football.

It's like when a network put Family Guy after the Superbowl. It works for introducing a product you want to push.

The game didn't take place on FS1. No one watches FS1. Everything didn't just great ratings because it took place after a football game.

Yeah, I'm not saying they should be Conor either. But the fact is, most guys are pretty cookie cutter. Gus is one of them. Ricardo Lamas started talking more, but he's really, really boring.

I don't think Gus is all that cookie-cutter. I think he has a language barrier, and he does carry a bit of that Norse stoic behavior. However, he's got a bit of a brutal edge to him.

But I'd give him +10 charisma for some deathface at the weigh-ins. Most would find it funny/lame. But Norsemen in deathface is no joke.

wacken-open-air-gorgoroth-2008-52.jpg

You know, I almost wish McGregor was in a different weight class,

Because he is good for the sport and drawing attention, but lol, there is no way he is going to beat Aldo.

And then what? I think the only thing he could do then is move to lightweight and do something similar, but he still wouldn't be able to get the belt from Pettis.

When looking at this from a complete technical aspect and not on the hype train, McGregor doesn't have much for Pettis or Aldo, which given his size are the only two divisions he can be competitive in.

Conor is a bit of a draw, but let's not kid ourselves. Much of that was putting it on following playoff football.

It's like when a network put Family Guy after the Superbowl. It works for introducing a product you want to push.

Absolutely, and it's in the final moments of an exciting NFL playoff game. Who isn't watching that? Couldn't ask for a better promo slot.

Wow, wonder what the peak number was? Around 3.5 Million probably? That's like double the previous highest rated FS1 card and better than some of the big network Fox cards.

Hope this starts a trend of Fox promoting fight nights more heavily. Not many fighters have McGoat's charisma though. Maybe they'll promote the Machida/Rockhold + VanZant/Herrig Fox card heavily due to sex appeal.

I don't think Gus is all that cookie-cutter. I think he has a language barrier, and he does carry a bit of that Norse stoic behavior. However, he's got a bit of a brutal edge to him.

But I'd give him +10 charisma for some deathface at the weigh-ins. Most would find it funny/lame. But Norsemen in deathface is no joke.

wacken-open-air-gorgoroth-2008-52.jpg

Is that a death metal dude or something? Crazy mofos those guys. :icon_lol:

Wait a second here. This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

There were about 100 threads saying that putting a UFC event on the same day as a football game was incredibly stupid. Surely those threads can't all be wrong.

Yeah, I'm not saying they should be Conor either. But the fact is, most guys are pretty cookie cutter. Gus is one of them. Ricardo Lamas started talking more, but he's really, really boring.
So is the guy in your av.

The game didn't take place on FS1. No one watches FS1. Everything didn't just great ratings because it took place after a football game.

Most sports fans turn to sports. You get about 10% of those who were watching football to turn on the fights. Either because their friends are still over and drinking/eating, or the bars turn the TVs over.

You had a captive sporting audience. You had Irishmen on in Boston. You had some pretty good fights on paper. Connor has some buzz.

I'm not saying nobody would watch if it wasn't on Sunday. I'm saying that they took advantage of the proper niche already engrossed. Ratings would likely have been around 1.7Mil, which is still solid.

Wow, wonder what the peak number was? Around 3.5 Million probably? That's like double the previous highest rated FS1 card and better than some of the big network Fox cards.

Hope this starts a trend of Fox promoting fight nights more heavily. Not many fighters have McGoat's charisma though. Maybe they'll promote the Machida/Rockhold + VanZant/Herrig Fox card heavily due to sex appeal.

My guess is probably over 4 million, possibly 4.5 based on what the prelims did and the standard growth curve.

Wait a second here. This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

There were about 100 threads saying that putting a UFC event on the same day as a football game was incredibly stupid. Surely those threads can't all be wrong.

haha sherdog knows best though!

The UFC is busting its ass promoting, Conor is busting his ass promoting. This is the result.

Is that a death metal dude or something? Crazy mofos those guys. :icon_lol:

That's Gaahl from Gorgoroth. Murderer, satanist, homosexual (all things he notes as anti-christian). Gorgoroth is famous for crucifying fans on stage and beheading sheep. They are not allowed in the US. Crazy Norse bastards carrying on that proud tradition.

Gus' twin, Varg. lol
vark_vikernes_1373969966.jpg

Dead from Mayhem
1244243518-death.jpg

no, everyone is talking about Conor. Irish Americans who dont even know what MMA is are talking about him. My fucking 65 year old Irish uncle was posting about him. McGregor is about to become massive this year, especially after he brains Aldo.

My Dad even texted me that evening: "I think the Scotsman will win".....

They promo'd it heavy.

You know, I almost wish McGregor was in a different weight class,

Because he is good for the sport and drawing attention, but lol, there is no way he is going to beat Aldo.

And then what? I think the only thing he could do then is move to lightweight and do something similar, but he still wouldn't be able to get the belt from Pettis.

When looking at this from a complete technical aspect and not on the hype train, McGregor doesn't have much for Pettis or Aldo, which given his size are the only two divisions he can be competitive in.

then you honestly haven't a clue about technique then.

isn't that a million higher than the former highest FOX Sports number? 1.7m in the first show ever?

God I hope they don't use this to try and push the FS1 platform by asking McGoat / Aldo to do a TUF

Back