UFC Fight Night 59 draws an average of 2.751 million viewers (3.1 mil peak)

I know McGoat sells himself and that's the reason for the huge numbers. But hopefully the UFC at least ATTEMPTS to promote other cards like they did for McGregor after seeing these numbers. There are marketable guys on every card, but the amount of promos for the Gus fight is night and day compared to McGregor. Gus is a good looking and exciting fighter, he'd get casuals to watch if he had the amount of promos (not like McGregor, but there's be a clear jump).

Also, call me crazy, but I'm thinking were entering a new era of MMA. Not the "McGregor era", but fighters are going to see his success with the talking and they're going to follow suit with self promotion. Lamas s starting, Mendes is starting (the whole FW division for that matter), I never seen Cerrone this vocal, Jones/DC, Dillashaw is getting a little mouth on him, Bisping/Rockhold, etc.

I think we're going to see a lot more hyped up fights and fighters opening their mouths. Which hopefully turns out well.

Let's be real...WTF is Gus going to say with a microphone in front of his face? People act like Conor being outlandish is what gets people's attention, but he is also a funny and charismatic guy who always has something interesting to say.

Anthony Johnson just said at a UFC press conference that real warriors don't talk trash. Have you heard a peep from either guy about anything?

Some guys really believe that all you have to do is be good in the cage and you'll just acquire droves of fans.

it would have been 4 million if they put it on a channel hat most canadians get. ie: not tsn2 which is a special package channel.

Is this a renaissance UFC year? Back to near peak form? 1st 2015 UFC PPV event did roughly 800k and was a 1 fight card. Now these insane for FS1 ratings.

Sherdog experts were right. No gate and no ratings omg football

it would have been 4 million if they put it on a channel hat most canadians get. ie: not tsn2 which is a special package channel.

Yeh, I couldn't get the damn thing at all. Had to read it on the boards here for updates.

Happy they got good numbers though.

They did good promo. I kept seeing that Conner promo near the end of the NFL game. "Watch me take care of this angry little German man..." lol, something like that. But if you can get a slot on the NFL playoffs = gold!

I know McGoat sells himself and that's the reason for the huge numbers. But hopefully the UFC at least ATTEMPTS to promote other cards like they did for McGregor after seeing these numbers. There are marketable guys on every card, but the amount of promos for the Gus fight is night and day compared to McGregor. Gus is a good looking and exciting fighter, he'd get casuals to watch if he had the amount of promos (not like McGregor, but there's be a clear jump).

Also, call me crazy, but I'm thinking were entering a new era of MMA. Not the "McGregor era", but fighters are going to see his success with the talking and they're going to follow suit with self promotion. Lamas s starting, Mendes is starting (the whole FW division for that matter), I never seen Cerrone this vocal, Jones/DC, Dillashaw is getting a little mouth on him, Bisping/Rockhold, etc.

I think we're going to see a lot more hyped up fights and fighters opening their mouths. Which hopefully turns out well.

I said it a few weeks back in my article this FOX show was going to get lost in the shuffle due to how big everything else was.

That said, I also said that this show was going to do a record number and that all 3 PPV would handily beat the top number from last year. So far, so good. And March-May are starting to look pretty good as well.

BTW, article's behind a pay wall, but as it pertains to this coming Saturday's show:

UFC on FOX 14 --

Main Event: Alexander Gustaffson vs Anthony Johnson, other key fighters: Dan Henderson, Gegard Mousasi, Phil Davis, Ryan Bader

The next challenger for the Jones-Cormier winner will likely come from the main event of this show. There

Wonder what he could do on FOX vs. a guy like Edgar. But if he beats Aldo he's gonna be on PPV from her on out, no doubt about it. Conor's bringing eyes to the sport and making his shows a can't miss event, can't deny it.

Oddly enough, Machida's been in 2 of the top 5 Fight Nights but no one has come close to 2.7 million. Sonnen vs Shogun was the first UFN on FS1 and they have stayed #1 in terms of viewership at 1.7 million until this McGregor/Siver match up. Literally, McGregor drew at least another 1 million eyes because none of the other UFNs have even come close to 1.7 with many events not even hitting the million mark.

People used to talk about that Anderson/Lesnar/GSP money, VERY soon it will be that McGregor money.

Is this a renaissance UFC year? Back to near peak form? 1st 2015 UFC PPV event did roughly 800k and was a 1 fight card. Now these insane for FS1 ratings.

I took a lot of flack on twitter when I said at the start of the year (BEFORE Jones/Cormier) that UFC could be looking at their biggest year since 2009. It's looking good now.

Oddly enough, Machida's been in 2 of the top 5 Fight Nights but no one has come close to 2.7 million. Sonnen vs Shogun was the first UFN on FS1 and they have stayed #1 in terms of viewership at 1.7 million until this McGregor/Siver match up. Literally, McGregor drew at least another 1 million eyes because none of the other UFNs have even come close to 1.7 with many events not even hitting the million mark.

People used to talk about that Anderson/Lesnar/GSP money, VERY soon it will be that McGregor money.

Conor was actually on the prelims of that show.

These ratings are only viewers in the USA.

Pathetic considering how hard they promoted. Those commercials during the Packers game should have guaranteed them at least 5 mil. viewers...

True, considering that game averaged 50 million viewers.

Let's be real...WTF is Gus going to say with a microphone in front of his face? People act like Conor being outlandish is what gets people's attention, but he is also a funny and charismatic guy who always has something interesting to say.

Anthony Johnson just said at a UFC press conference that real warriors don't talk trash. Have you heard a peep from either guy about anything?

Some guys really believe that all you have to do is be good in the cage and you'll just acquire droves of fans.

I'm not saying every fighter, Gus included, should put on a bow-tie and start rambling off one-liners. What I mean is give them more face time, you can work and promote an angle with most fighters. Gus for example, if Fox promoted his event like Conor's, using the "The man that arguable beat Jones, the p4p best", give him face-time promos like Conor- he'll get quite a bump. He's likable and extremely talented.

Conor's a different animal, no doubt. No one can market like him. But the UFC can do a better job. My main point was the UFC should play it's part and promote individuals more. Not the brand with some cheesy commercial, which inserts fighter A and fighter B. Stating the same recycled cookie cutter clich

Conor is a bit of a draw, but let's not kid ourselves. Much of that was putting it on following playoff football.

It's like when a network put Family Guy after the Superbowl. It works for introducing a product you want to push.

Those are great numbers, seems like Sunday and promoting during football game really helped this card.

I'm not saying every fighter, Gus included, should put on a bow-tie and start rambling off one-liners. What I mean is give them more face time, you can work and promote an angle with most fighters. Gus for example, if Fox promoted his event like Conor's, using the "The man that arguable beat Jones, the p4p best", give him face-time promos like Conor- he'll get quite a bump. He's likable and extremely talented.

Conor's a different animal, no doubt. No one can market like him. But the UFC can do a better job. My main point was the UFC should play it's part and promote individuals more. Not the brand with some cheesy commercial, which inserts fighter A and fighter B. Stating the same recycled cookie cutter clich

Back