UFC Fight Night 59 draws an average of 2.751 million viewers (3.1 mil peak)

Good numbers by Conor but why are you comparing it to the NFL? The Pats vs Colts blows those numbers out the water.

Who is comparing it to NFL?

How many threads said card wont do good cause its on a sunday during NFL and it was a homerun.

Prelims did almost a mill directly against NFL playoffs.

FIght night prelims on Sat vs nothing dont even do that much and they were able do to close to a mill for prelims during NFL playffs.

Managed to do a huge number, sell tickets and do a big gate in same town during a Pats playoff game.

Ridiculous. Promote the hell out of Fitch vs Shields and it will draw peanuts. Mc Gregor is a draw and the promotion just comes naturally. Try sending Fitch or Shields to do radio/tv shows and soon enough, they will not get anymore invitations. But the GOAT brings in viewers, make people talk and easily creates headlines with any soundbites. Media can't get enough of him, his management has to decline invitations because there is only 24 hours in a day.

You can try to deny it but there is no more escaping it: Conor is a superstar.

It's a fantastic #, but what's ridiculous to ignore is the factor of promoting DURING the action of the Packers-Seahawks game on Fox which had to do an enormous rating by itself. They had a video of Conor popping up saying, "he diddly de, watch me tonight on FS1 vanquish a real leprechaun" (or something to that effect). Maybe you didn't see that in Montreal though.

Yeah. I see a lot of posts about him from friends who don't even watch mma. I want Aldo to smash him, but he's definitely good for mma/fw division.

I predicted that it would do a record number for FS 1 in my prediction column last Friday but no way in hell did I think it would do that.

I'm gonna guess that if the prelims did 1 million that the main event probably peaked at around 4.5 million.

It's fantastic #, but what's ridiculous to ignore is the factor of promoting DURING the action of the Packers-Seahawks game on Fox which had to do an enormous rating by itself. They had a video of Conor popping up saying, "he diddly de, watch me tonight on FS1 vanquish a real leprechaun" (or something to that effect). Maybe you didn't see that in Montreal though.

We didn't see any of that stuff in Canada.

And the show in Canada did the 2nd lowest number for a Fight Night show in the last year. So that should be a pretty good indication of the value of the extra promotion.

Conor is exactly what the sport needs right now.

The good: 2.8 million watched Conor vs Siver.

The bad: 2.8 million watched Parke vs Tibau.

Pathetic considering how hard they promoted. Those commercials during the Packers game should have guaranteed them at least 5 mil. viewers...

Pathetic considering how hard they promoted. Those commercials during the Packers game should have guaranteed them at least 5 mil. viewers...
go-away.gif

Wait this cant be true, I was told by sherdog nobody would stay up on Sunday, why would they put it against NFL, this is stupid, Dana is an idiot, UFC doesnt know what they are doing.

These numbers cant be real. :icon_lol:

Since when is Sherdog right? lol

I know McGoat sells himself and that's the reason for the huge numbers. But hopefully the UFC at least ATTEMPTS to promote other cards like they did for McGregor after seeing these numbers. There are marketable guys on every card, but the amount of promos for the Gus fight is night and day compared to McGregor. Gus is a good looking and exciting fighter, he'd get casuals to watch if he had the amount of promos (not like McGregor, but there's be a clear jump).

Also, call me crazy, but I'm thinking were entering a new era of MMA. Not the "McGregor era", but fighters are going to see his success with the talking and they're going to follow suit with self promotion. Lamas s starting, Mendes is starting (the whole FW division for that matter), I never seen Cerrone this vocal, Jones/DC, Dillashaw is getting a little mouth on him, Bisping/Rockhold, etc.

I think we're going to see a lot more hyped up fights and fighters opening their mouths. Which hopefully turns out well.

Back