UFC Fight Night 43 Official Lineup

What's with Middleweights coming off losses headlining cards lately?

• Luke Rockhold (loss to Vitor Belfort) vs. Costas Philippou (loss to Francis Carmont)
  • Mark Mu

Anybody else find it funny that they put Neil Magny on main card of Cincinnati over Eddie Wineland, but ends up on the prelims of this card?

I can only think of one that is comparable, UFC Fight Night 34.

I don't know about you but UFN 34 was fantastic in hindsight

the two prelim decisions were snoozers but all those finishers were absolutely incredible!

Russel Doane choking a bjj black belt unconscious
A FLW nearly flooring Dustin Kimura then getting finished
Chope and Holloway threw down
Kyung Ho Kang absolutely laid a straight schoolyard beating
Kawajiri debut
Hyun Gyu Lim showing the heart of a warrior in an epic 5 rounder that almost netted him one of the most incredible comebacks of all time

This event could be the same way, if people actually fight for their jobs

I don't know about you but UFN 34 was fantastic in hindsight

the two prelim decisions were snoozers but all those finishers were absolutely incredible!

Russel Doane choking a bjj black belt unconscious
A FLW nearly flooring Dustin Kimura then getting finished
Chope and Holloway threw down
Kyung Ho Kang absolutely laid a straight schoolyard beating
Kawajiri debut
Hyun Gyu Lim showing the heart of a warrior in an epic 5 rounder that almost netted him one of the most incredible comebacks of all time

This event could be the same way, if people actually fight for their jobs

TBH, I woke up for the main card, didn't see the prelims. I was comparing cards on paper.

Spectacularly unappealing undercard, with a headliner to match.

With that said I'll still be watching it.

I think te huna takes it.

prelims arent good but main card is ok. Hioki/Oliveira and Soa/Rosholt, Rhodes and Nate/Te Huna.

Its not great by any means but 4 fights I'm interested in. Prelims are shit though. Def a card you watch in the morning when you wake up, def not getting up in the middle of the night to watch it live.

Yeah, I'm not going to get up early to watch this one.

Top 3 fights are good, rest of the card is garbage. One of the weakest UFN cards I've seen, the prelims are horrific.

UFC foreign policy at work, though. Go to a new country, fill the card with low-level local dudes and charge the locals a fortune to watch guys they were paying $20 to see 6-12months ago.

Anybody else find it funny that they put Neil Magny on main card of Cincinnati over Eddie Wineland, but ends up on the prelims of this card?

Yeah, they learned their lesson with Neil Magny. Dude is mind-numbingly boring to watch, if I wanted to see sparring I'd pop into my local gym and watch sparring.

Having a long reach shouldn't be your most notable attribute.

Top 3 fights are good, rest of the card is garbage. One of the weakest UFN cards I've seen, the prelims are horrific.

UFC foreign policy at work, though. Go to a new country, fill the card with low-level local dudes and charge the locals a fortune to watch guys they were paying $20 to see 6-12months ago.

How much is a fortune? I doubt they are charging all that much for these tickets. Also wouldnt call Whittaker vs Rhodes garbage.

It's no different from any other random Fight Night. It's all about prospects, and in the case of the international Fight Nights, regional talent. In most cases, you have decent prospects, regional champs, and TUF contestants. With O'Connell, I'm not really sure. Best I can come up with is that he was on a win streak. In the case of Grujic and Indich, usually if you are on TUF and you lose your fight in the finale, you are out. They are getting another chance, but since it's against each other, one will surely be out the door. Other than that, it's not really that bad considering it is a Fight Night, and even more so considering it's an international Fight Night.

People pissing and moaning about these cards need to stop and realize what they are. They are Fight Nights. They have always been about prospects and lesser known fighters.

UFC Fight Night 43

Te Huna (former LHW prospect making MW debut) vs. Nate Marquart (former title contender returning to MW)

Hioki vs. Oliveira (two high ranked fan favorites)

Whittaker (TUF Smashes winner) vs. Rhodes (former RFA WW champ)

Palelei (11 fight win streak including 3 in the UFC) vs. Rosholt (highly touted prospect, 10-1 with 6 straight wins, including 2 in UFC)

Grujic (TUF Nations semi-finalist) vs. Indich (TUF Nations)

Villante (LW prospect from Strikeforce) vs. O'Connell

Matthews (TUF Nations) vs. Johnson (9-0 prospect)

Entwistle (8-1 English prospect) vs. Hooker (Australian FC LW champ)

Magny (TUF semi-finalist) vs. de Lima (Jungle Fight WW champ)

Vaculik (9-1 prior to UFC debut. UFC loss was to highly touted Scoggins) vs. Sangcha-an (4-0 prospect who has finished every opponent)

8 fighters from the region

Back