UFC Fight Night 43 Official Lineup

juddy96

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It all takes place on June 28th (my birthday) in Auckland, New Zealand on UFC Fight Pass. This will kick off a double header with the San Antonio card.

Main Card (5am EST, UFC Fight Pass)

MW: #15 (LHW) James Te Huna vs. Nate Marquardt
HW: #15 Soa Palelei vs. Jared Rosholt
FW: Hatsu Hioki vs. Charles Oliveira
WW: Robert Whittaker vs. Mike Rhodes

Prelims (2:30am EST, UFC Fight Pass)

LW: Jake Matthews vs. Dashon Johnson
FLW: Richie Vaculik vs. Roldan Sangcha-an
WW: Chris Indich vs. Vik Grujic
WW: Neil Magny vs. Rodrigo Goiana de Lima
FW: Dan Hooker vs. Ian Entwistle
LHW: Gian Villante vs. Sean O'Connell

http://www.ufc.ca/event/ufn-auckland-nz#/fight

Te Huna vs. Marquardt has got to be one of the worst headliners in the promotions history.

Hioki vs. Oliviera is an interesting fight though. Palelei vs. Rosholt is the second best fight on the card imo.

The main card isn't so bad, but man oh man, the undercard has some real stinkers. I wouldn't watch Chris Indich vs. Vik Grujic unless someone paid me.

May be the worst overall card in UFC history. I know it may sound like I'm being dramatic but name a worse one.

And for the record, I really don't care, I like having a ton of cards, even if they are watered down, I'm a nerd.

Te Huna vs. Marquardt has got to be one of the worst headliners in the promotions history.

Hioki vs. Oliviera is an interesting fight though. Palelei vs. Rosholt is the second best fight on the card imo.

the point of this card is almost solely to test the New Zealand market, and with one of their few talented hometown fighters in the UFC. Not to mention it's a fightpass card so there won't be much anticipation anyway. As a hardcore fan I actually kind of like the match up.

The main card isn't so bad, but man oh man, the undercard has some real stinkers. I wouldn't watch Chris Indich vs. Vik Grujic unless someone paid me.

This statement makes me cringe. No it's not the best card in the world, but you certainly wouldn't have to pay a real fight fan to watch it. I'm gonna be damn stoked to get my UFC fight fix that day.

May be the worst overall card in UFC history. I know it may sound like I'm being dramatic but name a worse one.

And for the record, I really don't care, I like having a ton of cards, even if they are watered down, I'm a nerd.

I can only think of one that is comparable, UFC Fight Night 34.

I'd be hyped for the Magny fight if he had some killer instinct instead of being content to engage in a sparring match. Other than that, Whittaker, Olivera, Marquardt, and Soa.

I'd be hyped for the Magny fight if he had some killer instinct instead of being content to engage in a sparring match. Other than that, Whittaker, Olivera, Marquardt, and Soa.

Yeah, that's a big weakness for Neil.

Haha yikes, but I see it as the prelims of a much better card in San Antonio. Double header time!

Edit : pretty sure erin19 will love this NZ card.

Haha yikes, but I see it as the prelims of a much better card in San Antonio. Double header time!

Edit : pretty sure erin19 will love this NZ card.

Erin has been bashing those fights in their individual threads. Pretty sure their opinion is clear. It's one thing to have an opinion, but I don't (and others don't) appreciate being attacked by them.

BTW, I'm not defending this card. It sucks. LOL.

Goddamn Rosholt could be 3-0 and ranked in the top 15? War Soa.

What happened to Jon Delos Reyes? was looking forward to his FLW debut.

But ya this is probably the worst Fight Pass card yet.

prelims arent good but main card is ok. Hioki/Oliveira and Soa/Rosholt, Rhodes and Nate/Te Huna.

Its not great by any means but 4 fights I'm interested in. Prelims are shit though. Def a card you watch in the morning when you wake up, def not getting up in the middle of the night to watch it live.

Back