UFC Fight Night 42: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Jason High PBP (Discussion)

Chould High be in trouble for pushing the ref? Don't think they're supposed to touch the ref

It's up to the commission. Who knows what the standards for conduct are in New Mexico.

Guys, I get if it was a bit early, but it wasn't a TERRIBLE stoppage.

Hall was dropped, then took about 12 shots to the head with his arms trapped under RDA's body. It might have been a bit early but nowhere near 'terrible'

Don't let Hall's whinefest convince you otherwise.

I thought it was bullshit before I even saw his reaction. He was working for a reversal and pretty much all of those shots were to the back of the head.

Dude.... Your a tough dude...but if cain stepped on that scale... You would step out if the building.....stop ittttt

It's a nonsensical statement, though... if Cain stepped on the scale and it said 155, he wouldn't be Cain...

I thought it was bullshit before I even saw his reaction. He was working for a reversal and pretty much all of those shots were to the back of the head.

I get the back of the head argument, a lot of them were scraping pretty close... but working for the reversal, lol...

I just fear Schuab will touch his chin early and AA will get tentative and let him dictate the terms. It would be fucking awesome to see Arlovki have a Lawler-esque renaissance upon returning.

I don't think AA will go on a Lawler run, but if he can go like 6-3 in his next nine and not get brutally KO'ed and cut, I'll be stoked.

Arlovski should honestly use his sambo against Schaub early, slow him down and then KO him. Arlovski took brutal shots and had his jaw broken against 'Rumble'. He's working on that head movement. I want him to win.

Wha...I was taking a leak and missed it, did RDA seriously call out Cain ?!

On the stoppage, if High did go out for a second then it's legit.

RDA had this in the pocket, but these kind pf stoppages in which the fighter looks at the ref and the ref concedes are stupid.

Part of the game. Bisping flashed Yves Lavigne an angry stare shortly after Kennedy took him down in the fifth rd and Yves stood it up there and then. The refs are fallible if the fighters can exploit that to their advantage, you can't blame them lol.

agreed... it's not on the fighter not to try..it's on the ref to not get tricked...

I could be wrong but watch his head after about 4 or so shots it looks like he goes out for a second

I think he was about out of it due to that first shot and the first few strikes were decent (maybe illegal though), if he had stopped earlier when High's head went down I would have been more okay with it but by the time they stopped the fight RDA was doing nothing but wearing himself out.

there are 6 types of stoppages in my opinion.

The "WTF took you so long" Stoppage
Good stoppage
Justified Stoppage
Quick Stoppage
Premature Stoppage
Bad stoppage

I think this was a premature stoppage... wasnt bad.. but I think it was a bit premature

Back