UFC Fight Night 41: Luke Barnatt vs. Sean Strickland PBP (Discussion)

Sean Strickland def. Luke Barnatt via Split Decision (30-27, 29-28, 28-29) R3 5:00

pffft. Re-watch needed. I'd like to shout "ROBBERY" but it was just interpretation of a lacklustre bout. That said, Strickland does utilise the hand parry/catch which is under-used, as stated above.

Still here for Bigslow. On the war-wagon. Keep banging Luke. Keep banging.

Intelligent response, is that how you got your dubs ?

haha, fuck outta here with that BS, let's wait for the Poll and see what people think about the decision , I don't give a shit about either fighter but that was a fucking robbery lmao

Definitely disappointed to see Strickland get a win for a performance like that.

So doing nothing wins octagon control. ok.

I'm pretty sure he hit Barnatt with a lot more punches than vice versa. Barnatt was mostly slow-mo feinting and looking like he was in a light sparring session.

It was a crappy decision, but Barnatt can only blame himself. He was very passive, as was Stickland.

The parrying was really the only thing good with that fight. Hand fighting in general is sorely underutilized in mma. Seriously, you have OPEN gloves, grab the dudes hands, pull him in, elbow him, knee him, punch over the hand, whatever.
What I really liked from Strickland, was the fact that he was extending his right hand to check Barnatt's lead hand. Not that JJ style shit which serves no offensive purpose. This is crucial because it preserves your own, faster lead hand while only allowing the opponent their right hand which puts them at a disadvantage if they attempt to force an exchange, and also creates a more predictable reaction in the sense that, if you continually one's lead hand, they will most likely jab or left hook right away, and these openings can be time with counter punches.

Although it was southpaw vs. orthodox Robbie Lawler used a similar principle (but with his lead hand cause that's proper form in opposite stance fight) to set-up lead hooks to Rory's head, by covering his jab hand and then slipping and countering as soon as he let off the pressure.

That's a farcical prospect though. In the first round Strickland landed more jabs and kicks, but apparently nothing happens in boring fights!

I didn't have Barnatt winning round 1. But he absolutely won 2 and 3.

Right?

What did he land in reality? Besides a few right hands, pretty much nothing.

Strickland stifled him with hand fighting even when Barnatt had his back to the cage, but he didn't land almost anything himself other than a few jabs and leg kicks early in the 1st round. Very little offense beats almost no offense at all, I don't think it was the right decision but it was a close(an inactive) fight. I could see a draw with 2nd round being 10-10 I guess. Or maybe Strickland with very slight advantages in 1/2, but Barnatt landed more in the 3rd round from what I saw. 30-27 is a pretty ridiculous score.

haha, fuck outta here with that BS, let's wait for the Poll and see what people think about the decision , I don't give a shit about either fighter but that was a fucking robbery lmao

You say lets wait for the polls then post your opinion once again, So naive.

lol? are you fucking blind or what, loads of people here saying he got robbed haha

I'm typing on an internet forum so oddly no I'm not blind, Now you're basing your "opinion" off others who post here, last I checked this was in reference to our comments to each other. Once again you're naive.

I'm typing on an internet forum so oddly no I'm not blind, Now you're basing your "opinion" off others who post here, last I checked this was in reference to our comments to each other. Once again you're naive.

haha i'm not basing shit on others opinions , however , obviously lots of other people here saw the robbery that I saw, but you had to single me out and start a debate with me, just fuck off to wherever the hell u came from Lol

haha i'm not basing shit on others opinions , however , obviously lots of other people here saw the robbery that I saw, but you had to single me out and start a debate with me, just fuck off to wherever the hell u came from Lol

If you recall the first comment genius I didn't single you out here let me remind you, "Strickland landed his jab on Barnatt's face more in one round than Barnatt actually landed punches the entire fight. Neither fighter looked good though." All of your retorts to that comment were constant repeats and or nonsense.

@Terraformer.

True story bro. Singled him out.

Barnatt won. BOOM. You watched the fight with one eye on the door waiting for your pizza delivery.

If you recall the first comment genius I didn't single you out here let me remind you, "Strickland landed his jab on Barnatt's face more in one round than Barnatt actually landed punches the entire fight. Neither fighter looked good though." All of your retorts to that comment were constant repeats and or nonsense.

ok buddy haha

@Terraformer.

True story bro. Singled him out.

Barnatt won. BOOM. You watched the fight with one eye on the door waiting for your pizza delivery.

Judging by your country of origin, I'm going to take this comment with a grain of salt.

Back