UFC Fight Night 29 Predictions...

The_Renaissance

Sherdog Bunceweight Champion
@Titanium
Reaction score
So, UFC Fight Night 29 is a few days away, not thrilled with the card but will try and catch as much of it as possible. Probably stream the prelims on the night, and try to download the main card the next evening. Who's everyone taking? I've got (and might have a bit of a bet, if I'm bored on fight night)...

Demian Maia vs. Jake Shields - Maia, UD

Erick Silva vs. Dong Hyun Kim - Kim, UD

Thiago Silva vs. Matt Hamill - Silva, TKO, 2nd round

Fabio Maldonado vs. Joey Beltran - Beltran, split decision - I know, weird to predict a split but they ALWAYS happen and this is one of those sloppy brawls that could go either way***FOTN

T.J Dillashaw vs. Raphael Assuncao - Assuncao, UD - not sure on this one

Rousimar Palhares vs. Mike Pierce - Pierce, TKO, 2nd round

PRELIMS

Ildemar Alcantara vs. Igor Araujo - Alcantara, UD

David Mitchell vs. Yan Cabral - Cabral, submission, 3rd round

Chris Cariaso vs. Iliarde Santos - Santos, UD

Allan Patrick vs. Garrett Whiteley - Whiteley, TKO, 1st round

If you don't mind- can you please tell us why you predict this fight as such.

Honest answer? I don't know anything about either of them! From what I've read, Whiteley can bang and I suspect Patrick has been fighting borderline jobbers to get the 10-0...Whiteley's competition is little better but, IMO, the regional circuit in Brazil is a bit easier going and guys can easily rack up impressive records while not being tested.

Just have a feeling Patricks gonna get caught early!

Passed rd1, Hamill by UD. TJ KOs Rafael. Other than that agreed.

Just the main card.

Demian Maia vs. Jake Shields - Maia UD

Erick Silva vs. Dong Hyun Kim - Silva KO Round 1

Thiago Silva vs. Matt Hamill - Silva TKO Round 2

Fabio Maldonado vs. Joey Beltran - Maldonado UD

T.J Dillashaw vs. Raphael Assuncao - Dillashaw UD

Rousimar Palhares vs. Mike Pierce - Pierce TKO Round 2

Honest answer? I don't know anything about either of them! From what I've read, Whiteley can bang and I suspect Patrick has been fighting borderline jobbers to get the 10-0...Whiteley's competition is little better but, IMO, the regional circuit in Brazil is a bit easier going and guys can easily rack up impressive records while not being tested.

Just have a feeling Patricks gonna get caught early!

Thanks for explaining. I did a little scouting of my own.

Whitely has good knees in the Thai clinch. Establishes distance with a low kick and throws a overhand right hand.

Tough dude, ok at everything (wrestling, standup, BJJ).
Been fighting on the local rodeo saloon/fairgrounds circuit. A little older than the typical UFC debutant. The fights of his I found were all grainy and recorded on cellphones.

Alan Patrick has a limited standup game. He does possess a slick front to the midsection. Loads up on a wide left hand. Powerful but inaccurate. Some spinning Capoira stuff, flying knee. All wild a little wide and telegraphed. Anything with power will come from the left side. Left happy.
Quick, powerful double leg takedowns & body lock trips. Smothering, heavy top-control, relentless GnP, great scrambles.
Will take back.

Can't help but look at the American as a sacrificial opponent. UFC sends these guys down to lose. All to build up what Zuffa sees as future Brazilian draws. Not wrong necessarily.

C.J. Keith
Josh Clopton
Keith Wisniewski
Daudi
Bristol Marunde
Joey Gambino
Jeremy Larsen x2

Nuguette by Unanimous Decision.

Last edited:
Demian Maia vs. Jake Shields - Maia UD

Erick Silva vs. Dong Hyun Kim - Silva UD

Thiago Silva vs. Matt Hamill - Silva TKO Round 1

Fabio Maldonado vs. Joey Beltran - Beltran UD

T.J Dillashaw vs. Raphael Assuncao - Dillashaw KO Round 3

Rousimar Palhares vs. Mike Pierce - Pierce TKO Round 1

Maia UD
Silva KO
Silva KO
Maldonado UD
Dillashaw UD
Palhares SUB

not familiar with the prelim fighters

Demian Maia vs. Jake Shields - Nobody cares

Erick Silva vs. Dong Hyun Kim - Nobody cares

Thiago Silva vs. Matt Hamill - Nobody cares

Fabio Maldonado vs. Joey Beltran - Nobody cares

T.J Dillashaw vs. Raphael Assuncao - Nobody cares

Rousimar Palhares vs. Mike Pierce - Nobody cares

fixed

Maia
50/50 on DHK/Silva
Silva
Beltran
Assuncao(slightly)
50/50 on Pierce/Palhares.

I think Silva(Erick) and Palhares come out and either get the finish early or lose.

Thanks for explaining. I did a little scouting of my own.

Whitely has good knees in the Thai clinch. Establishes distance with a low kick and throws a overhand right hand.
Tough dude, ok at everything (wrestling, standup, BJJ).
Been fighting on the local rodeo saloon/fairgrounds circuit. A little older than the typical UFC debutant. The fights of his I found were all grainy and recorded on cellphones.

Alan Patrick has a limited standup game. He does posses a slick front to the midsection. Loads up on a wide left hand. Powerful but inaccurate. Some spinning Capoira stuff, flying knee. All wild a little wide and telegraphed. Anything with power will come from the left side. Left happy.
Quick, powerful double leg takedowns & body lock trips. Smothering, heavy top-control, relentless GnP, great scrambles.
Will take back.

Can't help but look at the American as a sacrificial opponent. UFC sends these guys down to lose. All to build up what Zuffa sees as future Brazilian draws. Not wrong necessarily.

C.J. Keith
Josh Clopton
Keith Wisniewski
Daudi
Bristol Marunde
Joey Gambino
Jeremy Larsen x2

Nuguette by Unanimous Decision.

Very good point, they'd rather the 10-0 Brazilian get off to a winning start, so maybe Whiteley is the sacrificial lamb.

Alan Patrick trains at Jacare's camp (or so it says) so I have to think the guy isn't a total waste. Both he and Whiteley have fought people with mostly unimpressive/losing records so that goes both ways. Though the brazilian is the one who is undefeated. I am going with Patrick.

Maia by decision
Kim by decision
Thiago by TKO
Maldonado by decision
TJ by decision
Pierce by decision

not familiar enough with the prelim fighters to make a pick.

Maia SUB
Erick TKO
Thiago KO
Maldonado TKO
Assun

Back