PBP UFC Fight Night 178: Covington vs. Woodley - PBP Discussion: 5:00pm ET/2:00pm PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow that's crazy. I wouldn't have believed this without the link
dave chappelle actually tells a very personal story in his last special about his father who was raised by his emancipated grandparents. it's way more common than you'd think.

If only black oppression ended with slavery. My mother grew up under Jim Crow in the South. And when she went back home from college in the early 70s, they were still unofficially practicing segregation there. She got in trouble with locals and her family because when she went to see a local doctor, she didn't go through the "Colored" entrance. They called her family to complain about it and her family chewed her out about it. She thought that shit was finally over, but no...

By the way, I'm not even 40 yet and I'm only one generation removed from Jim Crow. There are people alive today who are the children of slaves, believe it or not.

https://scoop.upworthy.com/meet-dan...the-rare-living-sons-of-an-enslaved-black-man

It's an amazing and pretty shitty truth. I worked and dated a lady whose adoptive mother went thru the same or similar circumstances. Some of the stories we sat thru over amazing dinners and a few brews.

I'm was 52 - she was 39 at the time...

It's an amazing and pretty shitty truth. I worked and dated a lady whose adoptive mother went thru the same or similar circumstances. Some of the stories we sat thru over amazing dinners and a few brews.

I'm was 52 - she was 39 at the time...
*Like*

For sure, man. I'd know more if I had grown up in the South like my mother did. But even now, there's still crazy stuff going on. One of my relatives in South Carolina was a victim of Dylann Roof a few years back... I'd never met her, but it still hit HARD when I found out*. I'm not a big death penalty supporter in general (only in extreme cases when there's undeniable proof of guilt), but I'll be a happy man when they finally fry+ that guy...

*I heard about the mass shooting first and it was upsetting to begin with. Later on, when I saw one of the names of the victims, I recognized some family names. I then confirmed with my mother that it was a relative of ours who she hadn't seen in a long time and I had never met.

+Lethal injection, I'm sure, but good enough. :)

I'm not a big death penalty supporter in general

*Like*

I would be a more in support if the legal system was less fallible and just. I can't read stories of folks who are falsely incarcerated and honestly say go for it.

*Like*

I would be a more in support if the legal system was less fallible and just. I can't read stories of folks who are falsely incarcerated and honestly say go for it.
Yeah, I agree. If applied, should be strictly for extreme cases like Dylann Roof. Mass shootings, terrorism, shit like that.

*Like*

Yeah, I agree. If applied, should be strictly for extreme cases like Dylann Roof. Mass shootings, terrorism, shit like that.

I live in 2020. In 2020 the most likely perpetrators of interracial crime, against all other races, is the one that complains the most about racism.
So?

Perhaps what you really ought to be considering is the role of poverty in conviction-rates for criminal activity, which is how crime rates will be measured. People who are struggling financially not only have more dire pressures inclining them to commit crimes, but are also less likely to be able to afford the quality of legal defense that would enable them to get away with it. And who is more likely to be poor if the country operates in a racist manner? And if there is indeed systemic racism in the legal system, on top of a systemic bias against the poor in the legal system (someone rich and powerful enough is virtually above the law in the USA), that too will especially affect conviction rates.

Furthermore, you are probably thinking only of violent crime statistics, while ignoring white-collar crimes. Poor people have less opportunity to perpetrate white-collar crimes. Plus you are almost certainly ignoring political corruption, which is much less likely to be even counted as crime, because politicians make the laws, and hence the legal loop-holes that allow corruption without legal consequences.

Agreed, some folks need to be gone. I heavily despise all abusers and get a tad militant about it but try not to let it get aired outta private conversations.

I hope your circle feels some sense of closure and justice.

Agreed, some folks need to be gone. I heavily despise all abusers and get a tad militant about it but try not to let it get aired outta private conversations.

I hope your circle feels some sense of closure and justice.
Thanks, brother.

So?

Perhaps what you really ought to be considering is the role of poverty in conviction-rates for criminal activity, which is how crime rates will be measured. People who are struggling financially not only have more dire pressures inclining them to commit crimes, but are also less likely to be able to afford the quality of legal defense that would enable them to get away with it. And who is more likely to be poor if the country operates in a racist manner? And if there is indeed systemic racism in the legal system, on top of a systemic bias against the poor in the legal system (someone rich and powerful enough is virtually above the law in the USA), that too will especially affect conviction rates.

Furthermore, you are probably thinking only of violent crime statistics, while ignoring white-collar crimes. Poor people have less opportunity to perpetrate white-collar crimes. Plus you are almost certainly ignoring political corruption, which is much less likely to be even counted as crime, because politicians make the laws, and hence the legal loop-holes that allow corruption without legal consequences.
Nope, poverty doesnt explain it. There are more white people living under the poverty line than any other race. But they arent the ones disproportionately committing interracial violent crimes against every other race.

Oh gawd here come the I hate your skin gang

It's a fist fight you morons. Woodley is washed up he should stick to making unlistenable rap music

Woodley needs to call it a day now. You always know a fighter is done when they become so hesitant and tentative and just stare. thats all Woodley does these days is stare stare stare and not throw anything. it will only end badly if he keeps going..

If only black oppression ended with slavery. My mother grew up under Jim Crow in the South. And when she went back home from college in the early 70s, they were still unofficially practicing segregation there. She got in trouble with locals and her family because when she went to see a local doctor, she didn't go through the "Colored" entrance. They called her family to complain about it and her family chewed her out about it. She thought that shit was finally over, but no...

By the way, I'm not even 40 yet and I'm only one generation removed from Jim Crow. There are people alive today who are the children of slaves, believe it or not.

https://scoop.upworthy.com/meet-dan...the-rare-living-sons-of-an-enslaved-black-man

Even here jackie? War room is that way.
;)

Back