PBP UFC Fight Night 174: Lewis vs. Oleynik - PBP Discussion - 6:00 pm ET/3:00 pm PT

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Card was amazing, stoppage of the main-event and illegal shots by Lewis left a very bad taste in my mouth, fuck Herb Dean. That guy needs to get fired, he clearly has lost it.
You think its herb or the ufc that lets lewis fight that way?

506876-17165500.png

Those punches in Rd 1 were blatantly to the back of the head and should have gotten a sterner from warning from Herb. I thought that the ending sequence was going to have a ton, but the slow-mo actually ended up being a lot "cleaner" than I thought surprisingly.

Oleinik did the same shit to Maurice Greene a few fights back with the same fucking sub in the same situation. Took him down in the first, secured a scarf hold, and then squeezed until he turned his arms into limp noodles and the round ended (after Maurice had already defended his trademark Ezekiel, mind you). Round 2 started and Aleksei nearly got KTFO'd because he couldn't even lift his arms to properly defend himself. SSDD.

For all the people in this thread who shat on Derrick for his fight IQ (and rightfully so, he was out of his mind for needlessly clinching with Oleinik and playing with him on the ground), both men were guilty of playing games in this fight.

Not necessarily. Bear in mind that Blagoy Ivanov attempted that same submission multiple times against Derrick IIRC and appeared to have it locked in tight only for Lewis to escape every single time.
How come nobody used the arm over version...

You know the one that ACTUALLY chokes people?!?!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back