PBP UFC Fight Night 173: Smith vs. Teixeira PBP Discussion: 6:00 pm ET/3:00 pm PT

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anthony Smith's Tko/Ko loss record should be corrected to times Anthony Smith was willing to die, dude wears that Lionheart moniker on his chest with some real pride

Definitely. It's crazy to think his first 6 fights, he was tapping to strikes in 3 of them

Dude is an absolute warrior now that never gives up.

Aw yeah, rocked that underdog pick tonight. Makes up for me calling everything wrong on 249.

giphy.gif
is that the same kid, all grown up?

pretty sick little event. what a great cherry on the sunday to see Glover get such dominant victory at i think 41 years of age against a guy who hurt him early.

Fucking nuts that Smith finished Gustafsson. That will go down as one of the strangest things in UFC history.

But he shouldn't have. Smith was covering up, posturing up, and defending. Teixeira wasn't throwing that much, and even though Smith was in a bad position, he was still fully lucid, especially as the rounds went on and Teixeira couldn't effectively follow up on his knockdowns.

This was fully on the corner. Their fighter wasn't going to win, didn't want to be in there anymore, and was only going to get hurt worse as the fight went on.

In the 3rd round, I recall the way Anthony fell was enough indication that he was done. I've seen other moments in the 3rd and 4th in which other fights have been stopped for less. Perhaps I'm wrong but that's how I remember it.

You're right though that the main people at fault are the cornermen if not 100 percent at fault as you said.

Big John looked at his corner, as in to throw in the towel but they looked away. I recall the guy telling his corner to never throw in the towel.

If it wasn't for Smith simply getting up and walking away from his KO'd opponent, MMA may not exist today.

True. Glad someone knows their shit. That’s why John pushed for the “new” ruling.

I bet he never fights again.
Can't say I'd be mad, I want my favorite fighters to enjoy the end of thier lives over my entertainment like I've been trying to find a TFerg merch store but I refuse to give reebok any sheckles. A lot of these guys don't get what they desrve and it sickens me to the point where I make sure everyone I know, knows how to stream

Great night of fights. Awesome chatting shite here with you guys.

First PbP thread I've entered and had a laugh with everyone for a while.

Cheers.

Different circumstances but I hear ya.
I agree but you know he would spin it about how he was screwed and rant the whole time. That fight should have definitely been stopped a long time ago. Just by Smiths body language alone.

pretty sick little event. what a great cherry on the sunday to see Glover get such dominant victory at i think 41 years of age against a guy who hurt him early.

Fucking nuts that Smith finished Gustafsson. That will go down as one of the strangest things in UFC history.
gus was 10-6 in the ufc with his best win over texeira. one of the most overrated fighters of all time imo

Glover has been fighting for 18 years. This guy is a fucking bad ass.

I'm digging three cards a week. Can we have one tomorrow? Lol

Can't say I'd be mad, I want my favorite fighters to enjoy the end of thier lives over my entertainment like I've been trying to find a TFerg merch store but I refuse to give reebok any sheckles. A lot of these guys don't get what they desrve and it sickens me to the point where I make sure everyone I know, knows how to stream

I could never do the same but I kinda view fighters like strippers, dollars for the dance and done. I can't be bothered with their outside antics or life and let medical and judiciary bodies decide and adjudicate due cause.

After all what will any fighter really do for me other than provide entertainment? Baseline? Perhaps but in the reality of the world I give respect for their profession and abilities but it ends there. Do I wish they had more recompense for their efforts? I do indeed, I respect anyone who steps up to combat, I see it as more than 99% of folks are capable of or willing. Will I let it go beyond a momentary thought, not likely...

Truth...

Why does Megan Olivi look different... something looks off with her right now.

Back