PBP UFC Fight Night 170: Lee vs. Oliveira - PBP Discussion - 3:00 p.m. ET/12:00 p.m. PT

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I feel like it's a bad idea for Oliveira to grapple with Lee while he is fresh

So what's the over-under on Oliviera talking about going to FW during the post-fight press?

I can imagine Firas in the corner: "Don't try to finish him! Just lay on top of him and win by boring decision!"

View attachment 748417
Thank you guys for hanging out and being nice!!! :)
@BroRogan
@BFoe
@Sir Galahad
@HI SCOTT NEWMAN
@paynebringer
@Soul On Ice
I'm stepping away a bit early, I got invited to a thing that sounds fun :D
If this is the last event being put on for a while? I might be gone from Sherdog for some time^^
At least until I hear of there being an event -- I'll think of you guys :) TAKE CARE!!! <3
Noooooo, you gotta check in. :(
I hope we see each other around the Dawg soon.
Hugs and high fives, Clem. Stay well, stay healthy,

Yeah, sorry, when someone misses weight four times, gasses, and denies a tap after running his mouth non-stop, I find it annoying and am happy the guy's hype is deflated.
Lee's still an elite fighter. Hes fully capable of competing at the highest level in the division

Oliveira also proved he is right up there as well though

Lee's losses are weird in the sense that, its not as if hes out of his element and unable to compete, hes losing by inches. He's the youngest guy in the division competing at the highest level. Still plenty of room to grow and fix those holes

The potential is there, what he does with it is up to him

I think his striking was better actually

At least comparing the two fights. Lee actually outstruck Tony for a round and a half

Lee is one of those guys that would be perfect for a 165 division. Too small for 170 but seems like he might be cutting too much for 155

Not sure if he really gassed tho, oliveira just fought a great fight.

Mightve been a bad weight cut tho. He seemed sluggish out the gate
I think Tony is more technical but Do Bronx has an obvious advantage in power. He was hurting Lee with everything he hit him with whereas Tony just overwhelmed him over time.

Lee is for sure way too big for 155. This was his 4th time missing the mark. And while he'd be a bit small for 170, he wouldn't be horribly undersized. I would love a 165 division but Dana doesn't seem like he'll budge on it any time soon.

I think he gassed a bit but a lot of that was due to the high grappling pace and damage he was taking. The cut couldn't have helped.

Unfortunately for Lee, 170 is his best option for now. If he keeps missing like this then he won't have any choice but to move up anyway. Might as well do it on his own terms.

Lee's still an elite fighter. Hes fully capable of competing at the highest level in the division

Oliveira also proved he is right up there as well though

Lee's losses are weird in the sense that, its not as if hes out of his element and unable to compete, hes losing by inches. He's the youngest guy in the division competing at the highest level. Still plenty of room to grow and fix those holes

The potential is there, what he does with it is up to him

I disagree at this point.

Lee is extremely stiff and inefficient with his movement and energy. He carries a ton of muscle mass, particularly in his shoulders, and throws with no grace, which leads him to gas. He is also flat footed and eats shots repeatedly. Oliveira was landing and burning him out on the second.

In addition, he clearly has persistent weight issues, and should be forced to fight at 170lbs from now on. Four times missing weight is simply ridiculous. And I don't see how Lee has any shot at being a contender in that weight class, consering how he fared with RDA.

High pace. Lee will probably gas if this keeps up.

Please don't let that card get cancelled!!

latest

@Sir Galahad
@HI SCOTT NEWMAN
3520037-sad%20cat.gif

Aloe Vera is a non stop submissions machine...wtf. I'm nervous AF for Kevin playing with this shit

I'm so pissed I missed the fights tonight. I didn't think they were that early. Was it a good fight night?

Charles is so slick on the ground...

Olivera has really good stand up for a Jiu Jitsu guy

Kevin training with GSP didn't help him.

1gptiv.jpg
GSP is in another star system now with aliens, millions of light years away.. I think that crook John Makdessi been Lee's training partner.

giphy.gif

Back