PBP UFC Fight Night 166: Blaydes vs. dos Santos - PBP Discussion - 5:00 pm ET/2:00 pm PT

Who wins?

• Total voters
i feel like Dos Santos slow demise all started with those two Cain beatings.

Yeah, absolutely. He’s becoming a more complete fighter. A Curtis blaydes with power on the feet and the ability to put guys away is absolutely terrifying
Let’s just hope he doesn’t do a Koscheck and fall in love with his hands after this. He can still take down most guys in his division and whoop them.

giphy.webp
But I guess my main event pick rate trumps the rest.

Decent card and I'm already 1/2 way home due to our super sweet parking spot at the fair grounds

Damn that hurts. RDA needs to fuck off

Attachments

• 7EDDABD6-28BF-4FB0-866F-12537D6C712A.png
    7EDDABD6-28BF-4FB0-866F-12537D6C712A.png
    720.7 KB · Views: 6
That was just poetic. DC keeps calling for him to stop using that naked uppercut. JDS throws a naked uppercut and gets freaking deaded.

Let’s just hope he doesn’t do a Koscheck and fall in love with his hands after this. He can still take down most guys in his division and whoop them.
I think that’ll always be plan A for him

Had a pair of karate guys behind me talking about how they would destroy someone trying to hold them on a cage all night. Also some eastern NC pig fucker frat boys getting beers every 2 minutes.

Yea but to beat a wrestler you have to be better in both spots.

You get taken down, you lose. Keep your hands down and eat shots, you lose.

you're 100% right, but it's also because he doesn't punish the grapplers for failed takedowns. Ngannou is a striker and has no problem with beating wrestlers because he does 1 thing JDS doesn't, when someone fails a takedown on Ngannou, Ngannou smashes them with punches. if JDS did that, it would cut down on the confusion because the wrestlers wouldn't be so eager to use their takedowns to setup strikes.

I wanna see some close ups of Dos Santos shoulder ... it looked fucked up.

Big win for Curtis on the feet. Glad to see he's becoming a more well-rounded fighter.

JDS is definitely on the downslope, though.

The Chiesa win surprised me. I expected the standup by RDA to be a lot more impactful and the grappling to be a whole hell of a lot less one-sided.

Also, obligatory "Stipe living rent-free in DC's head".

Blades looks the goods in 2020. I wasn't a big fan of his due to the grinding style he employs but he had a crisp jab and nice straight down the pipe working tonight.

Yo has Sherdog ever thought of making a discord channel? That way I can hear what you people sound like on voice chat while we watch the fight
We can do this

Other sherpussie can get added when they ain't so shook

Set it up

I'm down

Back