PBP UFC Fight Night 147: Till vs. Masvidal - PBP Discussion Thread - 1:00 p.m. ET/10:00 a.m. PT

MVP and Paul Daley beat both those guys.

Masvidal would tap MVP in the first round and derail another hype train. did u even see what hot garbage his wrestling was against Daley ??? im all fro jorge derailing another British hype train tho.

This is coming from an MVP fan btw.

Prime Daley barely beat jorge when they first fought. Would get merk'd now

Masvidal would tap MVP in the first round and derail another hype train. did u even see what hot garbage his wrestling was against Daley ??? im all fro jorge derailing another British hype train tho.

This is coming from an MVP fan btw.

Prime Daley barely beat jorge when they first fought. Would get merk'd now
Daley just KO'd Larkin who outclassed Masvidal just 2 years ago. Masvidal's not exactly known for his submissions either, what a weird prediction, based on takedown defense as well. At least come up with something somewhat likely such as a win by decision because of takedowns.

You guys buy into the UFC hype machine so easily, Till like Masvidal is another example of that, he got a good win against the always inconsistent Cerrone and a lucky decision over Wonderboy on the most off of off-nights. Other than those two guys he's struggled with fighters who couldn't even cut it in the UFC but received a ton of hype because they want an English Mcgregor. MVP and Daley beat Till because he's a glass chinned and gun shy when the pressure is on.

I'm not going to start acting like Masvidal is in the prime of his career because he knocked out Till in a UFC main event, after almost being on the wrong end of a KO himself. I'm a fan of his but he's never been anything more than a journey man and never will be.

Pffff. Iam not sure. Think Reyes won. But his cardio sucked. Could be jetlag. Not sure how much time he spent in UK to aclimatisize.

Spent most of his time in Colorado training at altitude. Left for London about a week before the fight, I believe. I will ask.

Lmao @ saying I buy into hype trains too easily when you have an MVP AV and act like Daley is in his prime again because he KO'd another glass chin fighter in Larkin and exposed ur favorite fighters grappling and takedown defense.

A washed up Daley was made to look like a D1 wrestler against Page. I don't know WTF "defensive wrestling" of page you're referring to, because the man doesn't have any. I'm not saying Jorge is some submission god, but MVP's defensive grappling and wrestling is so fucking poor I just don't see how he doesn't get torn up and either finished with strikes or subbed on the ground by Masvidal - a guy with super underrated grappling and wrestling, which he's really improved on later in his career and something MVP has 0 of.

Cute MMA math. You have a really funny definition of outclassed if you think that's what really happened vs Masvidal by Larkin. If you said that about the wonderboy fight that would be one thing but you're obviously just a hater and have a weird British hard on for Daley and Page for some reason. Also you obviously don't know the definition of a journeyman fighter if you think that masvidal is one. No excuse for someone whose been watching fight sport as long as you have, you're just being idiotic. Journeyman's don't get a KO of the year contender against the #2 after just being in a #1 contender fight recently . The guy is a contender and im not so sure why it bothers you.

I've been a fan of Masvidal since the bodog days and I'm happy he's finally getting the recognition he deserves, but I'm not even saying he'll be champion or he's the best in the world. Fact is though- on any given night he can beat the #1 guy and has all the skills to win the title if he can actually put it all together at the right time, like he did last night.

All you guys can keep doubting him like everyone else on this forums did for years and us Masvidal fans will keep on laughing in the back.

Sherdog: Ok

I said horrible decision, buddeh. Not the same terminology as robbery. I don’t use the same catch words the kids in here use. I do my own thing.

tenor.gif

The ref in the Silva vs Roberts fight seemed bound and determined for Roberts to lose. Even stopped the fight due to a scream and called it a verbal tapout. A fighter should have to say he quits complete bs, the refs for this card have been absolutely fucking terrible.

That's 2 split decisions now on this card where the winner is the guy who ran laps around the cage for 15 minutes and landed next to nothing.

Okay that was all Edwards. 3 split decisions now on the main card & every one of them there should have been no doubt. Though Edwards vs Nelson is by far the worst, Edwards completely controlled all 3 rounds until the mount with a minute left in the fight, but that was a 30-27 win (or should have been) easy for Leon Edwards. Both the judging & reffing has been fucking awful this whole card.

I feel like every time I watch Masvidal its a decision, so guys just warning you expect 5 rounds coming up..
In his last 3 wins3 fights and now 4 out of his last 5 wins by KO (2 KO's & 2 TKO's)

Last edited:
Back