PBP UFC Fight Night 144: Assuncao vs. Moraes 2 - PBP Discussion: 5pm ET/2pm PT/10pm UK

I really enjoyed this card and felt most of the fights were really fun and exciting to watch. The Johnny Walker fight was quick and crazy and I truly believe this guy could be the next killer at 205 pounds if coached correctly. The light-heavyweight division is so depleted of talent at the moment that Walker could easily move his way into title contention after another couple of fights with outcomes such as the one he supplied us with Saturday night.

As for the main event, well, it certainly was a lot better than the fight I was expecting between these two guys. After the first Assuncao/Moraes fight I was expect a 5 round snoozer for the rematch, but instead we were treated to a quick finish by Marlon that will no doubt position him near the top of the division and possibly into title contention. Too bad the division is tied up in it's champion wanting to embroil himself into a feud with Henry Cejudo over a championship that probably won't even exist in 3 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back