PBP UFC Fight Night 137: Santos vs. Anders - PBP Discussion - 6:30pm ET/3:30pm PT/11:30pm UK

giphy.gif

That’s how i feel right now.

Jockeys don’t cut weight wtf!?

Actually one of my old roommates dad was a jockey apparently
But he ran out on his sons to live the sweet jockey life

Was he a Mexican like my dad? Mexican dads do that all the time.

it was barely legal. Thats like fucking a girl that literally just turned 18. Its legal but messed up

im glad he got those elbows today. Prolly got a couple concussions out of it
Then why don't you say the way Thiago won was fucked up? Some of them were on/near the back of the head, yet I don't see you complaining on that. Note I was rootin for Thaigo. I just don't understand the hate towards Anders, he came to fight last minute against a killer and brings it in a ton of fights, yet here you are wishing for his destruction.

Then why don't you say the way Thiago won was fucked up? Some of them were on/near the back of the head, yet I don't see you complaining on that. Note I was rootin for Thaigo. I just don't understand the hate towards Anders, he came to fight last minute against a killer and brings it in a ton of fights, yet here you are wishing for his destruction.

I see this fight as karma for his last fight

There aren't weight classes in the UFC for jockeys. They're like 120lbs soaking wet. Flyweights would destroy them in a fight.
Many a Tiger have met its end by the claws/canines of the relatively smaller Leopard; when you are built for combat - installed with lethal weaponry & the skills to utilize weaponry - like that of a Jockey / Leopard, size is not everything.

<{jackyeah}><seedat>

it was barely legal. Thats like fucking a girl that literally just turned 18. Its legal but messed up

im glad he got those elbows today. Prolly got a couple concussions out of it

Did someone KO you like that in a Ranked Match in UFC3?

I try to do that shit all the time. :cool:

Many a Tiger have met its end by the claws/canines of the relatively smaller Leopard; when you are built for combat - installed with lethal weaponry & the skills to utilize weaponry - like that of a Jockey / Leopard, size is not everything.

<{jackyeah}><seedat>

I didn't claim Leopards were undefeated, but the historical records are clear - many Tigers have been maimed or worse by Leopards/Panthers. In the wild and the circus arena.

Edit: Edit:
It was easy enough to make beasts of prey and rutting elephants fight each other but it was a very difficult matter to control these fights. If a rutting elephant or a tiger escaped from a cage all was confusion and many lives could be lost. But the people had become so adept at these dangerous operations that European travellers who were present at the court have testified in their diaries that there were none in the world better at looking after, training and controlling the wild animals than these keepers. They brought the elephants and beasts of prey into the arena, let them loose and exercised control over them...Tigers were often pitted against leopards, but the leopards were so powerful that the tigers could hardly ever beat them.

-Abdul Halim Sharar, ‎Rosie Llewellyn-Jones, ‎Veena Talwar Oldenburg

]Scene at Wallace's Winter Quarters Outrivals Description Menagerie is In an Uproar. Special to News - Democrat Peru, Ind., Feb. 6. A battle to the death, amid the roaring of lions, tigers, jaguars, hyenas and bears, occurred in the rehearing area at one Hagenbeck - Wallace circus winter quarters a few days ago. The combatants were a big Bengal tiger and a young leopard, and the latter still lives, having clawed out the vitals of the larger beast. The conflict lasted fully thirty minutes and was witnessed by thirty men, all of whom were powerless to separate the combatants. The big tiger was the one seen In Hagenbeck's show at the St. Louis exposition and had always been hard to control. The tiger was valued at $1,000. Yesterday, for the first time this winter, the trainer, Philip Casting, attempted a rehearsal. All the animals used In the big act were brought into the arena and all seemed as tame as pets except the tiger. Immediately on reaching the arena the big brute became vicious and attempted to strike the trainer, who forced the animal Into a corner. Casting then went ahead with the rehearsal. As soon as his back was turned the tiger struck the leopard, which sat on a box near by. The smaller animals struck back and then the battle began. Twice the leopard fastened Its teeth In the tiger's neck and was thrown off. Anticipating a fierce struggle, Casting hurried the other animals out of the arena and then gave his attention to the fighting beasts. The tiger sprang at him and he was forced to quit the arena in order to escape with his life. The leopard tried to get away but was not quick enough. The tiger tossed the leopard In the air a couple of times and beat the smaller animal with its large paws over the head almost to Insensibility but finally the, smaller animal got its second wind and fought both ferociousness that was remarkable.While being held down the leopard clawed the tiger's breast until there were great wide gashes in the big animal, which soon began to weaken. Continuing its clawing, the leopard, finished its enemy by tearing out the tiger's vital organs. Then the leopard, torn and bleeding, fell exhausted beside the dead body of its adversary. The trainer and other attaches of the circus say the growls and howls and howls of the other animals during the battle were terrific and the excitement was intense.

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/39485439/

An animal trainer's account of his beloved female Leopard - 'Puss', killing:
  • His German Boarhounds, that came to his defense - 'What could they do? She seized one by the throat. In a minute he was dead. She turned to the other, who had been biting her. She was too quick for him, and in a moment her teeth were in his throat'.
  • A big wild tiger, 'just from Bengal, where he had been trapped' - 'She hung on with teeth & claws until the tiger gurgled & fell over, dead'.
  • Male Polar Bear with a 'bad temper' - 'We beat her with bars, the dogs went at her ad bit her, but she clung until she had killed him'.
  • A female Cheetah [unsurprisingly] - 'The cheetah went with the rest. She had a hole in her windpipe where Puss' teeth went, & her body was all torn up by claws. Puss was almost beaten to death by us again, but she would not let go until the fight was over'.
Source: http://fultonhistory.com/Newspaper 11/Geneva NY Daily Times/Geneva NY Daily Times 1902 Nov-Oct 1903 Grayscale/Geneva NY Daily Times 1902 Nov-Oct 1903 Grayscale - 0408.pdf

More accounts here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3928165

Last edited by a moderator:
Back