UFC Fight Night 136: Hunt vs. Oleinik

piglord

Black Belt
Reaction score
136.png

i'm really liking mark hunt in the main event, how about you guys?

i'm really liking mark hunt in the main event, how about you guys?
I do not like him at these juiced odds. Hunt's weakest side is Oleiniks strongest side. I know Oleinik is not a takedown artist but he is old and strong and takes one bumrush and Hunt can end on his back. And Hunt is 44. You have to fade him at one point. Baffles my mind how long he can fight at that level. Add to that it's oleneik home. No travelling, no jetlag. Hunt is coming from the other side of the world. Tbh I'm taking Oleinik in this matchup. I think Hunt will be taken down and strangled.

Also strong leans on Dvlaishvili and Akhmedov. I think CB's face will be rearranged. All that Demi stuff fucked up Rockhold and dealing with famous very demanding women only fuck up your career. I think Akhmedov destroys him. Of course not only because of that but I think it's a huge factor,

I do not like him at these juiced odds. Hunt's weakest side is Oleiniks strongest side. I know Oleinik is not a takedown artist but he is old and strong and takes one bumrush and Hunt can end on his back. And Hunt is 44. You have to fade him at one point. Baffles my mind how long he can fight at that level. Add to that it's oleneik home. No travelling, no jetlag. Hunt is coming from the other side of the world. Tbh I'm taking Oleinik in this matchup. I think Hunt will be taken down and strangled.

i'm not sure if i would play him either at -270, but luckily i got this gem:

hunt.png

Omari, Merab, Petr Yan and Rustam Khabilov = Easy money
.................................................................................... <StillMyBoy>

Best betting event this month. Manny big possible winners

Last edited:
I see people remarking that Hunt is 44 with a ton of mileage.
But... Oliynik is 41 with 68 pro MMA fights.

I favor Mark here tho. His defensive grappling is super underrated (improved leap and bounds) and he has a clear advantage in his striking.

I think Boa Constrictor path of victory is a submission (of course) or land a haymaker which is possible because that is all he throws. Hunt should be able to capitalize the openings anyways.

Im not loving Hunt at -210 so Im interested in seeing his KO/TKO line (which will probable be close to that).

Really interested to see Shamil-Arlovski odds, CB-Akhmedov and Taisumov-Green

Omari, Merab, Petr Yan and Rustam Khabilov = Easy money
.................................................................................... <StillMyBoy>

Best betting event this month. Manny big possible winners
How can you call it the best betting event when you haven't seen odds lol? All of them could be -500, but you'd just parlay them regardless of odds so I guess it dosen't matter

by the way if anyone has any ridiculous ideas for special bets this event, let me know.

i'm going to request a few from my contact at ohmbet. here is what i have so far:

oleinik to win via ezekiel choke
kajan johnson to lose by submission and be cut from the ufc
petr yan to win by knockout within 60 seconds

How can you call it the best betting event when you haven't seen odds lol? All of them could be -500, but you'd just parlay them regardless of odds so I guess it dosen't matter
Pointless having that discussion with him. He doesn't get it

I don't know how Olyniek wins other than by sub. Hunt doesn't have an amazing gas tank obviously but he does manage his energy output well. Olyniek gasses hard after one round LOL. Hunt's chin maybe isn't what it was but still good enough that I don't see him getting KO'd (with the caveat it is HW so of course it's possible).

I'll probably play Hunt KO or ML (depending on price difference) and Alexei sub maybe if price is right.

First UFC event headlined by two 40+ year old dudes?

Also strong leans on Dvlaishvili and Akhmedov. I think CB's face will be rearranged. All that Demi stuff fucked up Rockhold and dealing with famous very demanding women only fuck up your career. I think Akhmedov destroys him. Of course not only because of that but I think it's a huge factor,
Cb is dating a famous women?

anybody know if Des Green v Taisumov is still on for UFC Moscow? I haven't heard that it was rescheduled but it would seem incredible if Green could still travel and fight after the fatal accident he was involved in last week.

Add to that it's oleneik home. No travelling, no jetlag. Hunt is coming from the other side of the world.

Just an FYI if this is a big part of your anaylsis: Olineiek lives in south Florida full time and trains at ATT. His kids go to school in Ft Lauderdale(his daughter goes to that high school that got shot up) so its not like its a on/off thing, hes pretty settled. And I just checked his insta and of 15hours ago he has a post tagged with him at ATT. Just a heads up EDIT: he is flying out today according to his twitter

Last edited:
Back