PBP UFC Fight Night 134: Shogun vs. Smith - PBP Discussion - 10:30am ET/7:30am PT/3:30pm UK

Or is he a 40 year old man who has nothing left to accomplish since Jones is banned from the sport and would just like to get paid?
He's not banned and may come back sooner, hopefully. But fine, get paid, but get paid calling out the right guys. Don't call out a 36 year old Shogun who actually has so much mileage that he looks 50.

Fight Gus would be the right decision. But I given up in hoping UFC would be legit that if the Brock fight really happens (he doesn't fail), I'll pull for Brock cause I'd want DC to pay for his actions haha

Thanx bro~

200.gif

Weak move by Gus then.

Damn he needs to just fight same like my boy Cain just freaking fight.
Hey, if the man'z injur he'z injur yeah?

He missed so much by the inactivity.

He was out for a long time now he gets injured 2 weeks out c'mon now.

Damn it Gus. If true.. we need more info.
Sorry bro... but your Cain Avi isn't helping your case much.

<6>

Sorry bro... but your Cain Avi isn't helping your case much.

<6>

Oh my boy is guilty of the same shit.. no blind fanboy here I call them like I see them.

You don't like the UFC contract well tuf now go and do a damn fight so the world remembers your name.

You heard this Brother One?

@Shoot Boxe Hero What's the reasoning? is he hurt? that's endz me & One's discussion right there if that's the case.

They're saying he is injured, I think he was waiting to see who won this fight. He'd be willing to fight Shogun again since he has a big name, but doesn't want to fight anyone risky that won't give him much rise. Who knows for sure, will have to wait for more info just weird this news comes immediately after the result of this fight.

I would not have survived if this wasn't an afternoon card. Everyone outside of the US who follows these shows live is a true degenerate.

I'm really ready for ESPN+ shows, just less television pacing in general.

Rashads face on ufc tonight when they announced Gus was injured and off the 227 card lolololol

He knows, he knows whats up

Just saw Tybura vs Struve what a shit fight.

This Tybura guy isn't impressive at all his fight with AA was a stinker too!

They're saying he is injured, I think he was waiting to see who won this fight. He'd be willing to fight Shogun again since he has a big name, but doesn't want to fight anyone risky that won't give him much rise. Who knows for sure, will have to wait for more info just weird this news comes immediately after the result of this fight.

Wow... great call... I hadn't even thought about the reason why they waited until after the fight to announce this. lol at them doing it right exactly after the fight... hey I'm fooled. :rolleyes:

@Brother Payne @Brother One You catching all this?

now? where's mirko? i didn't even know he was active still

Japan, Rizin, he won their openweight GP to end 2016. Only fought TK at the end of 2017. Was gonna face off vs Nelson in Bellator but got injured. But, he’s looked strong, his punches are back, he can’t kick like he did during 05, but, it’s still a threat. Not saying he’s better than he was in 05, obv not, but, he’s made a little bit of a comeback

Wow... great call... I hadn't even thought about the reason why they waited until after the fight to announce this. lol at them doing it right exactly after the fight... hey I'm fooled.

@Brother Payne @Brother One You catching all this?

Don't matter what his manager is saying it's a bad freaking move.. FIGHT damn it, show up, remind people who you are and take the mike and make fun of the champ champ force him into a fight cause he won't do it willingly.

Grab want you want don't stay inactive and mumble away and let others around you decide. Passivity is negativity in this case.

Some of the New Breed looking & fighting just fine to me. I picked Smith over Shogun because at this stage he's just the better fighter.

Some and yes, that’s understandable. He’s younger, faster, probably packs more power in his punches now too. Choosing him over Shogun doesn’t necessarily mean the new breed is here and going to just crush the old guard. That’s just what naturally happens in all sports.

10 years from now, Anthony Smith will be getting KO’d by whoever the Anthony Smith of 10 years from now is.

IF you want someone to blame, blame Dana and WME

He makes WAY more money fighting a guy who isn't good than he would fighting one of the best guys in the world. not his fault that's how the sport works

You mean how the business works. Not really a “sport”. More “sports entertainment” than sport.

Smith says..

"Gus was looking for an opponent yesterday and after today he is injured. Isn't that ironic."

Don't matter what his manager is saying it's a bad freaking move.. FIGHT damn it, show up, remind people who you are and take the mike and make fun of the champ champ force him into a fight cause he won't do it willingly.

Grab want you want don't stay inactive and mumble away and let others around you decide. Passivity is negativity in this case.
I hear you... it's a pussy move because if he just waits it out... then he is the number one contender whether DC picks him or not for his swan song... he pretty much has the interim belt for when DC drops the belt & then he will fight for the title. It's far from a conspiracy theory when he waited till after the fight to announce it. What a strange sequence of events this has been.

Back