UFC Fight Night 124: Stephens vs. Choi Main Card PBP Discussion 10pmET/7pmPT/3amUK

tumblr_mqk8vnXWlp1qdlfp4o3_500.gif

Idk man

He might have stopped it a little early, but if he didn't stop it early Stephens might have killed him

Even the guys on Fox are saying it's premature.

Bisping talking about how he was still covering up and pivoting.

Seriously, this was as obvious of an early stoppage as there is in mma. If you can't see that then you probably don't know what you are watching.

Stephens - Choi. Stayed up just for that. Didn't disappoint. :)

Bummed to see my boy Choi lose, thought it was an early stoppage like alot of folks, but would have been tough for him to survive. Still a fan, not a bandwagoner. He hit Stephens with some great shots.

Lol, well started out great going 6 of 8 (4 perfect) then petered out missing the last 4 in a row to finish 6 of 11 <6>

To be honest with you the sheer brutality of that punch Stephens threw from standing when Choi was on his back, I probably would have jumped in there and then to stop it. Even though choi did not look completely out of it, erring on the side of caution is fine much as I love fights like Frankie vs Gray II and lesnar vs carwin.
I see what you're saying... & I gotta see the fight in replay to be sure... & I understand the ref doesn't have that luxury... but if a guy got his arms up protecting his head... & that big punch is hitting is arms... I don't see any reason to stop it.

Choi got cracked on the knock down... no doubt about that... but you gotta give him the benefit of blocking sh*t once he fell as well. I didn't see anything land after Choi fell.

Again... I'll review it later... but I'm skeptical right now. People have come back from much worse.

Groovy vs. Green was over well before that in the 1st if that's our criteria... & he ended up with a draw. Not trying to be bias, but that fight was just as over as this one was in the 1st. Green was spread eagle on his belly getting hit & they didn't stop it.

The live crowd didn't deserve a stoppage that early. Neither did we for that matter.
I thought it was way to early as well, but Choi was hurt. If he's still down after Jeremy jumps out of the cage, and not up protesting, then it can't be that bad a stoppage.

For real?

Then again... Conor permanently changed his nickname to "Who da fook is that guy" so I guess he has a lot of bitterness in him! hahaha!

<FookIsThatGuy>
Yep, for real. Even called her hot.<{katwhu}>

Even the guys on Fox are saying it's premature.

Bisping talking about how he was still covering up and pivoting.

Seriously, this was as obvious of an early stoppage as there is in mma. If you can't see that then you probably don't know what you are watching.
He was still on his back when they went to commercial...

Back