UFC Ferguson vs Gaethje 249 PBP/Discussion Topic

Ok don't forget to post it I'd like to see how u do prior to the fights try and make another 2k parlay lol

Will do, mate. Either this thursday card or the weekend one. It's weird having so many cards set in one week lol.

If only it were that easy...

I don't know. Depends how much you're happy with I guess. If it weren't for this pandemic, and the time I needed to figure out what sort of bets I wanted to do, I'd have reached 50k in under 6 months. I'm super minimalistic, and my hobbies are essentially free, so 50k would probs last me 3 years easily. If I moved somewhere cheap overseas, I could do 5+ I reckon.

That bet history thing in your sig is cool. Never seen that site. Can't actually understand what half of the stuff means, but whatever lol.

Mike Belltron and Big Dan seem to do good work. Dan probably saved Rozenstruik a few years on his life Saturday.
Oh that Cutelaba stoppage was pretty bad, dumb of Ion but still. Only card I've actually seen live and they were the two biggest hitters on it too.

I had just finished telling some guy it would probably be the best fight of the night. That was embarrassing. Not sure how loud it was on TV but the chant was kind fun. Whole arena full of college kids shouting boos and chanting "let them fight!" at least we tried.

Pretty sure the editing team cut the audio when I yelled "Violent Bob" as Bisping interviewed Pena, whoops fair enough.

Mike Beltran is good, agreed. Cool guy, too.

Big Dan is mediocre. He's vastly improved over his performance in the late 2000s, when he was considered one of the worst refs and biggest clowns in all of MMA, and with good reason.

Still, he had a shamefully late stoppage in Jacare-Weidman that saw Jacare screaming and cursing at Dan to stop the damn fight as Weidman writhed on the floor, his eyes rolling around in his skull, and his reffing for a Michael Venom Page bout was shameful and suspension-worthy, with Dan taking away dominant position and a point for MVP talking shit to his opponent and then later cursing himself at Page. This was all because Dan dislikes showboating, nevermind that there is no precedent for what Dan did in the actual fucking rules.

Fun fact about Dan: He was a judge before he was a referee, and responsible for one of the most infamous robberies in MMA history, awarding the Bas Rutten vs. Kevin Randleman fight for the heavyweight championship at UFC 20 to Rutten.

Last edited:
Mike Beltran is good, agreed. Cool guy, too.

Big Dan is mediocre. He's vastly improved over his performance in the late 2000s, when he was considered one of the worst refs and biggest clowns in all of MMA, and with good reason.

Still, he had a shamefully late stoppage in Jacare-Weidman that saw Jacare screaming and cursing at Dan to stop the damn fight as Weidman writhed on the floor, his eyes rolling around in his skull, and his reffing for a Michael Venom Page was shameful and suspension-worthy, with Dan taking away dominant position and a point for MVP talking shit to his opponent and then later cursing himself at Page. This was all because Dan dislikes showboating, nevermind that there is no precedent for what Dan did in the actual fucking rules.

Fun fact about Dan: He was a judge before he was a referee, and was responsible for one of the most infamous robberies in MMA history, awarding the Bas Rutten vs. Kevin Randleman fight for the heavyweight championship at UFC 20 to Rutten.
Thoughts on Herzog?

Thoughts on Herzog?

Excellent. One of the very, very best. I think Herzog is this good despite him costing me a 0.5u live-bet by standing up Esquibel from top position against Cifers a little too soon on several occasions. Herzog sees everything going on, nips problems in the bud before they took over the contest, stops fights at the perfect time, and is generally all that you want in a top-tier ref.

Incidentally, the absolute best referee for the last 10+ years to the present day is Josh Rosenthal. Sadly, he has worked far fewer UFC events since his criminal conviction for growing marijuana, only doing their California shows.

Excellent. One of the very, very best. I think Herzog is this good despite him costing me a 0.5u live-bet by standing up Esquibel from top position against Cifers a little too soon on several occasions. Herzog sees everything going on, nips problems in the bud before they took over the contest, stops fights at the perfect time, and is generally all that you want in a top-tier ref.

Incidentally, the absolute best referee for the last 10+ years to the present day is Josh Rosenthal.
Sadly, he has worked far fewer UFC events since his criminal conviction for growing marijuana, only doing their California shows.

This times 1,000,000. I've said the same thing for a long time. When he's reffing, you have by far the most confidence that the fight will not be f'd up or influenced improperly by the ref. And he manages to do it while keeping fighter safety at the forefront.

This times 1,000,000. I've said the same thing for a long time. When he's reffing, you have by far the most confidence that the fight will not be f'd up or influenced improperly by the ref. And he manages to do it while keeping fighter safety at the forefront.

I actually Tweeted to Rosenthal how much I appreciated his reffing for Douglas Lima vs. Andrey Koreshkov 3, which I attended live. Despite the thousands of drunk idiots booing, Rosenthal allowed Koreshkov to work in the clinch as much as he wanted so long as he wasn't merely stalling.

I wish more refs weren't influenced by the crowd, and/or wouldn't bail out a fighter against the cage or with his back on the canvas.

I actually Tweeted to Rosenthal how much I appreciated his reffing for Douglas Lima vs. Andrey Koreshkov 3, which I attended live. Despite the thousands of drunk idiots booing, Rosenthal allowed Koreshkov to work in the clinch as much as he wanted so long as he wasn't merely stalling.

I wish more refs weren't influenced by the crowd, and/or wouldn't bail out a fighter against the cage or with his back on the canvas.

Yep. He knows the difference between stalling and just two guys stuck in what's a boring position for the crowd, but who are still working and making an attempt to do damage.

Can we give Some actual props to the guy who won tonight instead of feeling sorry for the loser like always? Too much times do they sit there and point out how hurt the other guy is.

Fuckin Glover, thank you for being the Fight Uncle we need.

Anthony Smith couldnt finish the home intruder, no way he was beating the old lion Glover haha

Back