UFC Ferguson vs Gaethje 249 PBP/Discussion Topic

Gaethje being mexican was the biggest suprise of the card.

<WellThere>
Guess that partly explains his chin. Watched it this morning and I was sure Justin was going down after that r2 uppercut.
He cracked me up when he just tossed the belt off. Dana had to be pissed don't those things cost like 50k?

Sorry, excuse my ignorance, what does that mean straight picks? Ah, damnit I was using Bet365, which I assumed was the best for live betting.

So only able to bet on the outright winner of the fight.

Last edited:
Respect to Cruz's skill but the guy seems to have a bit of an ego problem. Call it an early stoppage if ya want but going after the ref just seems low class. I always thought "No Nonsense" Peterson was a pretty good ref.

Cruz saying Peterson "smelled like alcohol and cigarettes". Seems like poor form for a fighter especially one who regularly does commentary. Not like Paul Felder was calling out the Auckland judges for scoring against him vs Hooker

*Edit leaving my post up but I may owe Cruz an apology

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...es-henry-cejudo/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Last edited:
Respect to Cruz's skill but the guy seems to have a bit of an ego problem. Call it an early stoppage if ya want but going after the ref just seems low class. I always thought "No Nonsense" Peterson was a pretty good ref.

Cruz saying Peterson "smelled like alcohol and cigarettes". Seems like poor form for a fighter especially one who regularly does commentary. Not like Paul Felder was calling out the Auckland judges for scoring against him vs Hooker

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...es-henry-cejudo/amp?__twitter_impression=true

To be fair, the ref does look a little turnt

Guess that partly explains his chin. Watched it this morning and I was sure Justin was going down after that r2 uppercut.
He cracked me up when he just tossed the belt off. Dana had to be pissed don't those things cost like 50k?
I had to Google that mexican quote to confirm, his mom is mexican.

Tossing the belt was a statement but also a bit disrespectful.

Keith Peterson is an absolutely horrible ref. Stands guys up for no reason when they're in advantageous positions, early stoppages, completely misses eyepokes (like the one that Pettis scored in round 3 against Cerrone yesterday that won him the fight), etc.

Him and Marc Goddard are the two worst refs in the UFC by far. But whereas Goddard is bad for one reason only (instantly standing guys up or separating them from a clinch, ESPECIALLY when the crowd starts booing) and is competent otherwise, Peterson is bad at everything.

To be fair, the ref does look a little turnt
Hell I know I was. I was going to ask what ya meant and then I rewatched it. Watching on mobile I thought Cejudo was moving towards Peterson on purpose but I don't think so. That definitely didn't look or sound like the normal Peterson.

After round one Cruz mistakenly goes back to Cejudo's corner. Peterson just goes with it for a sec bet Dom was so used to fighting red gloves he thought it was his corner. Still think Dom is a little high on himself but I'll edit my post. Seems I jumped the gun.

Either Florida now has a two drink minimum or "No Nonsense" Peterson just turned into "Some Nonsense" Peterson.

Keith Peterson is an absolutely horrible ref. Stands guys up for no reason when they're in advantageous positions, early stoppages, completely misses eyepokes (like the one that Pettis scored in round 3 against Cerrone yesterday that won him the fight), etc.

Him and Marc Goddard are the two worst refs in the UFC by far. But whereas Goddard is bad for one reason only (instantly standing guys up or separating them from a clinch, ESPECIALLY when the crowd starts booing) and is competent otherwise, Peterson is bad at everything.
Definitely wary betting any fights Goddard refs, at least in London.
I'd throw Herd Dean up there. At least for most inconsistent. Great stoppage on the Ferguson fight but he was more than willing to let Hardy call his shots earlier. Can't forget about Khabib v Mcgregor either.

I've only been watching a few years any other Peterson moments come to mind? My curiosity is piqued.

I forgot Peterson called the Cerrone v Pettis fight last night too. Yeah that poke probably saved Pettis, glad Dimes didn't take my Cerrone live bet even though I thought he had it.

Lol.

Haven't had a proper in-depth look at the card, but just from a quick glance, MJ to either win or reach 2nd round, Borg to either win or reach 2nd round, and Sijara to win outright. Don't just bet on those though. Like I said, haven't looked properly.

There looks like a ton of picks I like on that one as well though.
Dont worry I won't bet it try and post ur bet slips prior to the event if your not to busy spending all that money u won

Dont worry I won't bet it try and post ur bet slips prior to the event if your not to busy spending all that money u won

Yeah, I will.

And lol at spending money. I don't have anything to spend it on haha.

Which book let you put $1k on a correlated parlay to win 36k?

Googling what a parlay is, but it doesn't sound like what I do. I do multi-bets, they're called. You just pick however many different fight bets you want and it's all rolled into one big bet. If you get any of the options you picked wrong you lose the whole lot.

And I can't remember saying 1k into 36k. If I did I must've wrote it wrong. It would've been 2k to win 25k or so I think. Can't quite remember. It was paying 16.00 or something for the first 3 fights + Carla + Pettis + I think Gathje.

It was 2k would win 120k or so if I'd done the whole slip I'd started with, which I don't actually ever do. I have put 300 down on those big ones and won 3k once though. I need to do them more because I get those right more than I do wrong, and one of those wins would pay more than I'd lose if I lost a years worth of them lol.

Would bookies not let you put on 1k to win 36k where you're from or something? I'm in Australia, and they would all let you do this. I think most of them won't pay out more than 250k for a single won bet though.

Googling what a parlay is, but it doesn't sound like what I do. I do multi-bets, they're called. You just pick however many different fight bets you want and it's all rolled into one big bet. If you get any of the options you picked wrong you lose the whole lot.

<LikeReally5>
that's a parlay

<LikeReally5>
that's a parlay

It sounded different from what google said lol. I don't know though. I don't understand hardly any of the betting terminology. Half there stuff I see people saying on here is like a different language to me. I just click on the fights and put the bet amount in.

And I can't remember saying 1k into 36k. If I did I must've wrote it wrong. It would've been 2k to win 25k or so I think. Can't quite remember. It was paying 16.00 or something for the first 3 fights + Carla + Pettis + I think Gathje.

It was 2k would win 120k or so if I'd done the whole slip I'd started with, which I don't actually ever do. I have put 300 down on those big ones and won 3k once though. I need to do them more because I get those right more than I do wrong, and one of those wins would pay more than I'd lose if I lost a years worth of them lol.

Would bookies not let you put on 1k to win 36k where you're from or something? I'm in Australia, and they would all let you do this. I think most of them won't pay out more than 250k for a single won bet though.
Nevermind. Read Mpostkoushi replying to you without differentiating his responses as being you claiming to have hit a parlay that AFAIK there's no plausible way you'd be able to get on in Australia.

If the bookies even halfway respect you they take your limits down quickly. I've got accounts that they'll only let on for dollars.

Definitely wary betting any fights Goddard refs, at least in London.
I'd throw Herd Dean up there. At least for most inconsistent. Great stoppage on the Ferguson fight but he was more than willing to let Hardy call his shots earlier. Can't forget about Khabib v Mcgregor either.

I've only been watching a few years any other Peterson moments come to mind? My curiosity is piqued.

I forgot Peterson called the Cerrone v Pettis fight last night too. Yeah that poke probably saved Pettis, glad Dimes didn't take my Cerrone live bet even though I thought he had it.

I think Herb Dean is...okay. Not the best, but a solid, competent guy. When it comes to refs, I try to take into account that no one is perfect and that they, like fighters, are capable of improving.

For instance, I love Big John and he is widely considered the gold standard of refs, but I can point to you many, many examples of fights he fucked up throughout his career, especially in the early UFC. We're literally talking about stopping fights over taps that never happened (Sakuraba-Silveira 1), missing blatant taps that did happen and allowing the fight to continue (Lindland-Bustamante), stand-ups when the top guy was pounding the crap of the guy on bottom that altered the outcome of fights (Bas Rutten-Kosaka), etc.

To his credit, he improved as the sport grew and became an outstanding ref by the time he retired.

In the case of Goddard/Peterson, they have a consistent PATTERN of mistakes that they refuse to learn from. Additionally both of them, especially Goddard, have massive egos and think they are always right and have nothing to learn. That's a horrible mindset and prevents them from considering any criticism or changing how they call fights.

Amusingly, one of the best refs nowadays is Kevin MacDonald, who unfortunately people recall now as the guy who bungled Ankalaev-Cutelaba.

Last edited:
Nevermind. Read Mpostkoushi replying to you without differentiating his responses as being you claiming to have hit a parlay that AFAIK there's no plausible way you'd be able to get on in Australia.

If the bookies even halfway respect you they take your limits down quickly. I've got accounts that they'll only let on for dollars.

What makes you think there's no plausible way to place that multi? None of the bookies I've used would deny that bet.

And yeah, I know you can get limited if you're winning too much off a bookie, but there's plenty of ways to deal with that if you want to.

I turned 500 into 21k in 3 months. I regularly make around 2.5-3k profit per UFC event. Had a run where it was 5 and 6k for a while, but my limits never got lowered.

You have accounts that they only let you bet pocket change on? Fuck, mate, how much damage did you do to them? lol.

I'm just trying to play it smart. I'm just aiming to win a yearly wage and that's it.

What makes you think there's no plausible way to place that multi? None of the bookies I've used would deny that bet.

And yeah, I know you can get limited if you're winning too much off a bookie, but there's plenty of ways to deal with that if you want to.

I turned 500 into 21k in 3 months. I regularly make around 2.5-3k profit per UFC event. Had a run where it was 5 and 6k for a while, but my limits never got lowered.

You have accounts that they only let you bet pocket change on? Fuck, mate, how much damage did you do to them? lol.

I'm just trying to play it smart. I'm just aiming to win a yearly wage and that's it.
If your limits are being maintained like that you're betting in such a way as that they're confident you'll give it back in the longrun, honestly. They care more about consistent winning strategies/ways of betting than people going on hot streaks with parlays.

Each of the major bookies have teams who just have the job of figuring out who's worth keeping onboard. Like if people are just hitting obscene multis for a bit they'll usually let you hang around since they're usually not great plays in the long run.

I make a reasonable earn out of betting and have for a few years. Below's a fairly standard experience.

JMew21b.gif

If your limits are being maintained like that you're betting in such a way as that they're confident you'll give it back in the longrun, honestly. They care more about consistent winning strategies/ways of betting than people going on hot streaks with parlays.

Each of the major bookies have teams who just have the job of figuring out who's worth keeping onboard. Like if people are just hitting obscene multis for a bit they'll usually let you hang around since they're usually not great plays in the long run.

I make a reasonable earn out of betting and have for a few years. Below's a fairly standard experience.

JMew21b.gif

Right. Well, it'll be interesting when they start taking more notice of me and do start limiting me. I think they will eventually.

I wouldn't really say I'm hitting crazy multi's non stop. I bet on a lot of fights to reach the 2nd round, and I can read WMMA fights with scary accuracy most of the time.

Unless they limit me, I'm eventually going to get out so far ahead that it's going to be pretty fucking hard for them to win it back off me. I'm not the sort that wins and just constantly keeps raising their stakes. I'll be happy to bet 2k on a multi even with 75-100k in the kitty. And I always go for odds that allow me a loss the following card and still not be going backwards in overall profit.

But yeah, sounds like you've got more experience with this stuff and do better than me, so we'll see how it plays out for me.

And fuck, that's Beteasy, right? Did they seriously let you place a bet and then tell you the reduced odds after it was placed? If so, that is fucking bullshit.

I think Herb Dean is...okay. Not the best, but a solid, competent guy. When it comes to refs, I try to take into account that no one is perfect and that they, like fighters, are capable of improving.

For instance, I love Big John and he is widely considered the gold standard of refs, but I can point to you many, many examples of fights he fucked up throughout his career, especially in the early UFC. We're literally talking about stopping fights over taps that never happened (Sakuraba-Silveira 1), missing blatant taps that did happen and allowing the fight to continue (Lindland-Bustamante), stand-ups when the top guy was pounding the crap of the guy on bottom that altered the outcome of fights (Bas Rutten-Kosaka), etc.

To his credit, he improved as the sport grew and became an outstanding ref by the time he retired.

In the case of Goddard/Peterson, they have a consistent PATTERN of mistakes that they refuse to learn from. Additionally both of them, especially Goddard, have massive egos and think they are always right and have nothing to learn. That's a horrible mindset and prevents them from considering any criticism or changing how they call fights.

Amusingly, one of the best refs nowadays is Kevin MacDonald, who unfortunately people recall now as the guy who bungled Ankalaev-Cutelaba.
Mike Belltron and Big Dan seem to do good work. Dan probably saved Rozenstruik a few years on his life Saturday.
Oh that Cutelaba stoppage was pretty bad, dumb of Ion but still. Only card I've actually seen live and they were the two biggest hitters on it too.

I had just finished telling some guy it would probably be the best fight of the night. That was embarrassing. Not sure how loud it was on TV but the chant was kind fun. Whole arena full of college kids shouting boos and chanting "let them fight!" at least we tried.

Pretty sure the editing team cut the audio when I yelled "Violent Bob" as Bisping interviewed Pena, whoops fair enough.

Last edited:
Back