Crime UFC Fan Charged with Manslaughter

Smokes

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This dude is a Hero, not a Criminal.

Pittsburgh Police say Jared Skillman flew from New Mexico to Pittsburgh to watch the Steelers play the Buffalo Bills. However, the night before the game, police say Skillman, who is from Santa Fe, got into a fight with a man and killed him.

According to the criminal complaint, Skillman heard a woman screaming in her hotel room at the Hotel Kimpton Monaco in Downtown Pittsburgh. That’s when Skillman knocked on the door and noticed a woman crying.

After telling her to leave, the woman’s boyfriend, also in the room, got angry. Police say they got into a fight and Skillman put the man in a “rear-naked chokehold,” until he passed out. The man later died in the hospital.

Skillman later told police he did not have any martial arts training but was a fan of the UFC. Police did not make any arrests that night, and Skillman even flew back to Santa Fe. On Monday, Skillman flew back to Pittsburgh to turn himself in and was charged with involuntary manslaughter.

https://www.krqe.com/news/new-mexico/santa-fe-man-arrested-for-killing-a-man-in-pittsburgh/

It probably happened because he held on the choke too long, long after the dude passed out.

Involuntary manslaughter

Good on him defending the woman......but he should have let up when he felt the guys body go limp.
How was he defending her? I didn't read anything about her needing or wanting his help. I didn't see anything saying she was abused or in danger, a woman could be screaming and crying for a number of reasons that doesn't need a stranger interfering.

People really need to learn to mind their own business.

How was he defending her? I didn't read anything about her needing or wanting his help. I didn't see anything saying she was abused or in danger, a woman could be screaming and crying for a number of reasons that doesn't need a stranger interfering.

True. It may have just been an argument with no abuse.

Let's see how this plays out.

Username isn’t checking out. Maybe change it to turn the cheek or, I got warrants, something like that.

Good on him defending the woman......but he should have let up when he felt the guys body go limp.

Should've just given him a Hughes-Gracie treatment.

But yeah, when someone goes limp, which needless to say is easy to feel, it's obvious what you need to do. He wasn't simply charged for helping the woman out.

Skillman later told police he did not have any martial arts training but was a fan of the UFC.

Every obese Sherdogger whose only training is eating nachos during a PPV now think of themselves as badasses.

so woman screams and cries and he gets into an physical confrontation and kills the man and were ready with so few IMPORTANT details to label this man a hero???

Username isn’t checking out. Maybe change it to turn the cheek or, I got warrants, something like that.
Step your vocabulary up, vengeance has nothing to do with this story as the boyfriend did nothing to the killer for him to have a claim to be vengeful.

If the woman wasnt getting beaten on then white knightin' isnt necessary. If she was those are the breaks and why its always more than just a physical risk getting involved in domestic disputes.

Back