UFC eyeing Rousey/Tate for the Aldo/McGregor card

NumeroUno

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
If the UFC sticks to the potential plan of putting Conor McGregor, Jose Aldo, Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate on the same card in Texas, they could shatter every record the likes of Brock Lesnar, Anderson Silva and Georges St-Pierre set.

With Bethe Correia out of the picture, Rousey now has her sights set on another bantamweight rival in Miesha Tate. Tate secured a title shot when she defeated Jessica Eye by way of unanimous decision at “UFC on FOX 16″. Tate has lost twice to Rousey already and the third opportunity at dethroning the champion could be her last.

When asked when she would like to fight Tate, Rousey told Fox Sports 1, “I would like to be on the Aldo/McGregor card if possible. That would be really cool.”

Dana White has expressed interest in booking McGregor’s date with Aldo in December at the AT&T Stadium in Dallas, Texas. White talked about the fight after “UFC 190″, telling Fox Sports 1, “That card is probably going to be in Dallas— Texas stadium. December, I hope so. We’re working on it.”

Source : bjpenn.com
And Werdum said he wants on that card. How many PPV buys does this card do ?

Couldn't care less, two friends putting up a 3rd sparring match that Ronda will win, both girls bring home some bank.

not interested a 3rd fight.

Aldo Vs. McGregor will be good.

That would be a amazing I hope it happens it does a million Pay-per-view buys easy in my opinion.

Stacking this with Rousey Tate 3 and Werdum Velasquez 2 will only lessen my interest, the latter horrifically so. Would be better off with Lawler - Condit and Arlovski - Mir, in my opinion, although understand standably Rousey's name will carry the most weight to the final numbers.

Werdum vs Velasquez 2 as a co-headliner please...

Werdum vs Velasquez 2 as a co-headliner please...

Plz god no, I only pray Cain gets injured again.

But he only gets injured while wearing a belt, he's like a terrible champ, and a GOAT contender

Don't ruin it the card

At least give us a real fight
Not someone who has been beat twice

Plz god no, I only pray Cain gets injured again.

But he only gets injured while wearing a belt, he's like a terrible champ, and a GOAT contender

Anything above Rousey vs Tate 3 on the Mcregor vs Aldo card to be honest, especially because it would most likely mean that there will be another WMMA fight on the card, and every WMMA fight besides the one sided beatings that Rousey and JJ give are pretty crappy in my opinion.

Plus a Rousey fight is pretty much a waste of a co-main in my opinion, it's just a long ass buildup to a sub minute victory. I'd rather watch a more competitive match you know :icon_chee

I'm convinced that they can fill Cowboys' Stadium.

I'm going, that's for sure.

Throw CM Punk debut on it and I believe it will shatter UFC 100 PPV records

Anything above Rousey vs Tate 3 on the Mcregor vs Aldo card to be honest, especially because it would most likely mean that there will be another WMMA fight on the card, and every WMMA fight besides the one sided beatings that Rousey and JJ give are pretty crappy in my opinion.

Plus a Rousey fight is pretty much a waste of a co-main in my opinion, it's just a long ass buildup to a sub minute victory. I'd rather watch a more competitive match you know :icon_chee

I just don't want Cain to get a rematch, if we need a new no 1 contender, if werdum has to wait for a title eliminator I'm fine with that.

What is up with the HW division, JDS, reem both still need fights as well.

Not too sure how many are interested in seeing Rousey/Tate III, so it would be smart to stack that one on a card with another, more intriguing title fight.. If it ends up on the Aldo/McGregor card, I could see that netting some serious bank. Plenty of us want to see that fight finally go down, and couple it with the fact that Ronda's name alone will put it's share of asses in seats, and it could be a pretty nice haul for the UFC.

Don't ruin it the card

At least give us a real fight
Not someone who has been beat twice

The saddest part: After Ronda smashes Tate for the 3rd time, the media and these forums will light up as if the win was actually truly legitimate. Our sport is approaching WWE more and more with each day.

Who is the most deserving contender for rousey though? Shes beaten everyone they gave her

Who is the most deserving contender for rousey though? Shes beaten everyone they gave her

The only girl that will give her a real fight is Cyborg. Won't happen, at least not on this card.

It's not a very intriguing matchup because I give Tate no chance. But it's Ronda, so folks will watch. We all want the Cyborg fight.

Tate has nothing for Rousey even though she has had the most success Rousey in the weak women's division.

Back