UFC exec: Stitch's Reebok 'comments had nothing to do' with firing

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

What a asinine thing to lie about. He made those comments then was immediately fired a day later. He offered no alternate explanation why the most marquee, well respected cut man in the history of their organization was suddenly let go.

If he said 'we don't like cut men making disparaging, public comments about our business' some people would say, well, OK.

Now instead, everyone thinks not only are you a jerk for the decision, you are bold face lying about why you did it.

He means to call us stupid to our face.

Titanic sank due to a number of factors, but I can assure you none were related to the iceberg collision.

He means to call us stupid to our face.

They've been doing that for 10 years. Those who can see it tolerate it so that they can watch the best fighters in the world

Yeah the UFC has less than zero credibility at this point so I'll go ahead and believe Stitch

I have absoultely zero idea whether Stitch is honest or a pathological liar. Like none. So since I know absolutely zero about whether he is a credible person, I will choose to believe him over the UFC. The same would hold true for the first person I run into if I walk outside.

< --

Nailed it. Stitch probably got fired for some other reason(s), but seeing how MMA nerds were pissed about the Reebok deal, he decided to make it out like he was a martyr for his Reebok comments. Very shrewd, Stitch, very shrewd.

This is the shilliest comment I have ever read lol

Lmao

You must be a fool to believe this

cant be more clear but cant clearly say what. clearly, unclear.

This.

The only clear cut way to make this argument at this point is to go full frontal. Give us the details as to why you cut him or we are going to assume it is the obvious reason.

Can someone explain to me what the big deal is about this guy getting fired? I personally don't give a shit, but obviously a lot of people do, why?

he's a fixture and some people have sentimental value for him. nothing more than that.

he's a fixture and some people have sentimental value for him. nothing more than that.

Actually, there is more to it. The behavior of the UFC mgmt is a gigantic issue for a lot of people. It's not just some "they changed the color of the seat pads at the MGM" kinda aesthetic complaint; a charismatic and popular skilled individual who is considered elite in his specialized field was instantly flushed down the shitter after an interview that can be considered mild at best...and now the ones who fired him are covering tracks due to the backlash. It's a laughable situation that isn't funny.

Yeah, I'm sure his wiping up blood with cotton swabs and putting vaseline on cuts skills were sub-par and that's why they let him go.

Back