UFC drug testing policies in Japan

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by cheesus, Aug 23, 2015.

1. cheesus

cheesus Silver Belt

Question. What are the UFC's drug testing policys when hosting events in Japan ? I know, whatever the japanese athletic commission is called (?) has a completely different approach to acceptable PEDS as evident by Pride. When Pride had a event on US soil Randleman failed the test trying to get through with unidentified urine.

2. kimberland

kimberland Blue Belt

I don't know why everyone jokes about Japans drug policies,but at that time there were fewer weight classes,and the **** wanted to see the big americans, who were mostly the ones using peds.Which *** would you say was on peds? maybe Takada, fujita and a few others,but mostly it was the US fighters that were hugely body conscious,not the ****.I just don't see japanese martial artists cheating.The shame would be huge for being caught. maybe hari kari

3. chunglii

chunglii No Me Duele Staff Member Senior Moderator

Ugh...

If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say the UFC and USADA will work together to drug test the fighters on the Japan card in accordance to the UFC's new PED policy

4. Enders

Enders Green Belt

You're a ***

5. nhbfan8080

nhbfan8080 Black Belt

I don't think Japan has an athletic commission for MMA. So your assertion that it allows doping is false. Pride simply operated on its own without any govt supervision.

6. Thanos

Thanos Courting Death

so not true at all

7. ZFury

ZFury Purple Belt

I believe this is part of Jeff Novitzky's job, to enforce the UFC's PED policy wherever they go, likely a guy will take a sample from the fighters as he would any other time like going to Brazil for Aldo, and just take it back to the states keeping the chain of custody and turns it into a WADA lab.