UFC doesn't give over 50k bonuses but One FC just gave a 100k bonus

Anatoliy Malykhin Just KO'd undefeated champ RDR (16-0) by KO in the first round and Chatri just gave him an extra 100k bonus. The UFC (U Fight Cheap) organization only gives 50k bonuses for their fights..... Thoughts?
you show me where your precious FC spent one cent on pushing the sport of MMA like the UFC does I'll wait....
cant
so stop whining
gets old..

The UFC takes 80% of the revenue while there are some fighters who need to do part time jobs, it's very sad

My thoughts are that I don't really care how much they get paid, and a $50,000 bonus sounds pretty damn good. I worked a Govt. job for 35 years, and got paid just a little more per year than that bonus, so it sounds pretty sweet to me!

UFC also gave a lot of behind the scenes pay according to Cormier, so who knows. A lot of contradicting stories have been given by a lot of fighters. Some say Dana pays a lot behind the scene, some says they are being underpaid.

DC is a massive shill, so no surprise he is siding with the UFC.

Daniel "Uncle Tom" Cormier got paid to keep the narrative alive. If it isn't uniform across the board, then it's just another shady mechanism of control. "Be a good little lap dog and we might throw you an extra 10k in the back". Fuck that. Competition is always welcome, if nothing else to create more pink goof moments
fb8d122d007bce6e9fb6132bfe4ed709

You want everything to be uniform but also want competition. You're confused, you don't get both. If everything is uniform there is no incentive to out compete. Make up your mind, kid.
{<doc}

Yeah Ok, I just read about it. Seems ONE is actually pretty shit for the most part. Apparently those drug tests aren't even real. Or at least they're not done by the World Anti Doping Agency, against former claims that they were by Chatri. Which can only be called highly suspicious.
I'm not super happy about USADA either tbh, but at least they are somewhat transparent about their dealings. I still don't really get why the government doesn't get involved and enforces general rules for drug testing at professional sporting events.
You wouldn't want government involved in it. Remember when UFC was regulated by the athletic commissions? We had those NSAC trials and suspensions for the UFC? Each state had their own rules and some states had no clue how to regulate the sport while others want to make extra rules. This state might allow certain TUEs while others don't. USADA isn't perfect but they at least work with the UFC in terms of trying to keep the sport uniform.

ONE has their own drug testing now. They are using these guys? https://idtm.se I don't think they are doing it to try to be clean. It's just a requirement to host an event in the states. They recently suspended some Croatian guy for PEDS. We can't exactly say ONE doesn't test anymore but it's just like Bellator and old UFC testing.

I think the UFC does often give $100K total bonuses to the fighter who wins fight of the night.

Anatoliy Malykhin Just KO'd undefeated champ RDR (16-0) by KO in the first round and Chatri just gave him an extra 100k bonus. The UFC (U Fight Cheap) organization only gives 50k bonuses for their fights..... Thoughts?
ONE is just as predatory as the UFC or even worse. The bonus is "high" while the pay is low. It incentivizes people to brawl for the win. They have their favorites that they take care of and they don't care about some of the people they bring in to compete. They hold people in long contracts and don't give them many fights. Those people that are stuck can't even talk about to the MMA media or social media because the contract they signed has a stipulation stating they will get a lawsuit if they talk negatively about the company. They even threatened legal action when a fighter not working for them but living in Asia made fun of their drug test policy.

I think you have to be slow to consider fighting for a living so it doesn't matter. They would rather be more recognized and paid crap then fight in Asia making more money but not much notoriety in the states.

That's great but how often are they doing that and what is the base salary before you even get to a bonus? And from what I can tell ONE is losing money hand over fist. How long will they even be in business?

UFC also gave a lot of behind the scenes pay according to Cormier, so who knows. A lot of contradicting stories have been given by a lot of fighters. Some say Dana pays a lot behind the scene, some says they are being underpaid.

Depends on whether or not you're willing to "kiss the ring"

DC is a massive shill, so no surprise he is siding with the UFC.
I think he's just forgetting what an easy ride he got publicity and money wise in his MMA career due to his accomplished wrestling career before switching over to mma.

It's not his fault, but he never had to grind as a financially struggling fighter, so he has an ignorant view of that aspect of pro fighting, just like rich kids that never had to sling burgers in a fast food joint, they have unrealistic views on money and work, thinking that everybody should have just done it like they did, without realizing that other people may not have had the same opportunities.

Seems like they rewarded the guy for humbling RDR, he was talking a lot of shit about going to the UFC and how he'd beat Izzy and Alex (arguably he could due to style matchup, but UFC would never let those fights happen). Think about the way the UFC buries guys on their way out, you gotta figure the smaller promotions worry the other way around, about guys becoming too good or popular and jumping ship. Maybe these smaller promotions lowkey like to keep their talent grounded and make sure they don't become bigger than the promotion, so they stay put. PFL is probably happy Kayla lost cause she's a lot less likely to jump into a Nunes superfight now.

Chatri looked ecstatic with it. He's just an Asian Dana when it comes down to it.

I think he's just forgetting what an easy ride he got publicity and money wise in his MMA career due to his accomplished wrestling career before switching over to mma.

It's not his fault, but he never had to grind as a financially struggling fighter, so he has an ignorant view of that aspect of pro fighting, just like rich kids that never had to sling burgers in a fast food joint, they have unrealistic views on money and work, thinking that everybody should have just done it like they did, without realizing that other people may not have had the same opportunities.
You over thinking it. Remember Dana is a POS and would only continue to keep DC if he was a good shill.

u95Khcr.png

HOP5LJ4.png

You do understand that almost every fighter on the UFC roster has a win bonus in their contract that doubles their pay with a win? Then they have performance bonuses on top of that. In addition, some fighters get back end bonuses.

I feel sorry for the newer UFC fighters coming through the ranks. Fighter pay is such a new issue with the sport and hasn’t been going on since Tito and Randy were butting heads with Dana 20 years ago.

Back