UFC does not promote stars, but annoying fighters

Fighters that fight exciting fights an promote themselves get rewarded. Ronda n Conor did this. Name a boring Conor or Ronda fight? They also promoted themselves. Brock was a wwe star he didn't need to promote himself. Fighters that expect UFC to promote them are only interested in the fighting n not the business of it an they get paid accordingly. Nothing g wrong with that just don't whine e the UFC isn't maki g u a big star n not making enough money.

Where do you work, does your employer not promote those that make them the most money? Are we forgetting the UFC is a business?

I’m sure I’m not alone in this, but no, my employer does not promote those that make them the most money. In corporate America today, workers are numbers, and they have trouble identifying superior performers, much less rewarding them.
Back on topic, I think one of the biggest problems with the UFC’s promotion is their president publicly shitting all over fighters rather than trying to build them up. It’s astounding to me that someone in ownership hasn’t reined him in.

C
Their strategy is so bad. In the past, BJ, Hughes, GSP, Anderson, Randy, Chuck etc were stars, they had charisma and fight spirit. Not mentioning about the fighters from PRIDE.

Nowadays, you can see how poorly they promote themselves, showing off the money (Conor), showing off paid girls (Colby), playing the racist card (Woodley), being super-overrated (Kevin Lee, the wedding planner), being WWE stars (CM), looking like a barbie boy (Sage)

and leaving really good fighters silent: Whittaker, Gus, Volkov, Stipe; they had Mousasi, Rory, Rumble...

At least Khabib, TJ, Dom, Frankie are loved because they are fighters, not because of the WWE nonsense.

Can you not see what’s going on? The future is bright. Jones, Brock, Connor and Diaz all being talked about. People think Cody, tj and dj were a draw?? No it was the buzz from the top four that had people running to the fights. UFC is about to blow up.

I’m sure I’m not alone in this, but no, my employer does not promote those that make them the most money. In corporate America today, workers are numbers, and they have trouble identifying superior performers, much less rewarding them.
Back on topic, I think one of the biggest problems with the UFC’s promotion is their president publicly shitting all over fighters rather than trying to build them up. It’s astounding to me that someone in ownership hasn’t reined him in.
Well that sounds like an OK place to work, but for owners that have just shelled out 4 billion on the UFC I think they're wanting an immediate return on their investment. im not arguing that its a good thing, it's just the way it is, MMA is too niche and will never be a popular family type sport, therefore all they have is fighters with big personalities like Conor, Ronda etc to bring in the every day casual, so they're obviously going to push them guys as its where the money is at.

Agree with all.
I know they love Dana, but I can't see why they allow that

With the exception of Gsp Dana doesnt really shit on the fighters that make them the most money. Never once saw him shit on Conor, Ronda, Silva, Ping, DC,

I agree they promote sh*theads. That’s why I don’t purchase their product anymore. Can’t stand that Conor/Nate shock drama over and over again. It’s stupid and don’t understand why some fans get into that lame sh*t. Unfortunately it’s only gonna get worse with scumbag WME in the driver’s seat.

With the exception of Gsp Dana doesnt really shit on the fighters that make them the most money. Never once saw him shit on Conor, Ronda, Silva, Ping, DC,

I agree, he does everything but shine McGregor's shoes, but he regularly shits all over fighters who might otherwise draw better than they do. If you're a casual fan, but you're familiar with Dana White as the face of the UFC, you're disincentivized from buying a PPV featuring say, Demetrious Johnson, Jose Aldo, or Tyron Woodley. All of them are excellent fighters, have been long reigning champions, and get run down by the president of the company on a regular basis. If he could check that urge, perhaps they might draw a little bit better. It may not sound like much, but a 10% difference on a PPV selling 200k would be over a million dollars. Why throw that away?

I dont think TS has any clue what he's talking aboot.

-Realistically, you do have to promote yourself in MMA, that's just how it goes.

-Literally, on the other hand, promoting is done by promoters or the promotion. It's so insane that when you have someone who is a really good fighter, people constantly harp on the idea that the "promotion shouldn't be doing the promotion."

Realism works cuz of several kinds of retard
Yeah, people have made the argument thst fighters are supposed to promote themselves, for some time now. And that's as a rebuttal to unfair treatment/favortism. It's almost pointless to even argue with someone like that. They either won't get it, or secretly work for the feckless promoter

I agree, he does everything but shine McGregor's shoes, but he regularly shits all over fighters who might otherwise draw better than they do. If you're a casual fan, but you're familiar with Dana White as the face of the UFC, you're disincentivized from buying a PPV featuring say, Demetrious Johnson, Jose Aldo, or Tyron Woodley. All of them are excellent fighters, have been long reigning champions, and get run down by the president of the company on a regular basis. If he could check that urge, perhaps they might draw a little bit better. It may not sound like much, but a 10% difference on a PPV selling 200k would be over a million dollars. Why throw that away?
Yes thats true he could get more out of certain fighters. Woodley I know people dont like him, because he plays the race card. He used to be one of my favorite fighters, now he fights to not lose instead of win,ever since he got the title. That's probably why dana craps all over him. I know im not really excited to watch his fights anymore. Imo he could have finished both Maia and Wonderboy if he really went for it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back