UFC didn't take advantage of the PPV numbers

I split the ppv with some buddies. We felt we got our money's worth with the main event.

Pretty sure they were going for it. With Hector, Horiguchi and Cerrone I'm sure they were expecting all of those to be exciting finishes. Just how the dice rolls sometimes.

No, No, and No

You want a sure fire KO finish on a card, you don't bank on Flyweight division to deliver that.

You put two sloppy heavyweights together for that job, like Shawn Jordan vs Jared Cannonier.

All it would have taken was moving the tate fight off ufc 183 and bang top level ppv card

They have 47 events this year, it practically impossible for them to stack a ppv card.

They can still stack the mega-hype ones that they only need to do like 2-3x a year. They should have tried to make sure every casual that left that building was a new MMA fan. In fairness though, I would split the blame 60-40 with 60% going to how the fighters performed and 40% going to the match-making. You definitely can't fault them for Cowboy/Jury. But the Nate and Lombard fights both had potential snooze-fests written all over them.

This.

Have to agree though with the TS, aside from the main events first 3-4 rounds, everyone at the get together was pretty bored. Had the fights delivered more there probably would have been talk of doing it over again for Silva vs Diaz, but I think most of the casuals left the night fairly bored wishing they would have spent their time and dollars elsewhere. Not to mention the awkward McGregor interview that dragged on and on.

If your group is bored, it's because you are boring. Plenty of Super Bowls have been boring but the casual football fans still have a good time if you do it right.

They could've replaced Tavares vs Marquardt for the HW fight.

ufc's fault for putting marquardt and paperweights on the ppv.

... and sometimes the Super Bowl is 45-7. The UFC can't control the outcome of the fights, and I assure you they wanted a few finishes as badly as you did. That's the way it goes sometimes, and ultimately the suspense of the unknown is what makes the finishes so great.

I truely though the main event was exciting. Co-main aswell.

If your group is bored, it's because you are boring. Plenty of Super Bowls have been boring but the casual football fans still have a good time if you do it right.

yeah the ufc should dish out weak cards because it's up to the viewers to throw a fantastic party. Idiot.

Totally agree, ts. When you are anticipating such a large audience, you should be trying to wow them and have them chomping at the bit to come back for more rather than underwhelming them, making them regret their purchase/their time investment, and being skeptical on whether they'll be ordering another ppv this year.

Haven't we all accustomed ourselves to the inconceivable notion by now that the UFC seems to be doing just that? They seriously seem to be focused on determining precisely how diluted and disimpassioned a product they can deliver and still scrape by the standard baseline profit for their numbers. Really pathetic. They should have had a Lauzon-Varner or a Faber-MacDonald type of matchup on last night's card to strengthen it.

Not to say that last night's card was bad. There were a few fights I was looking forward to (Jones Cormier not included) but if this is the best they can produce for a PPV, they seriously need to shake up their executive management.

I've said for years, having GSP as the champ boring people to death was killing them in the long run. Having a million folks turning over hard earned cash only to be bored to sleep was not a good business plan. Well, here we are a few years later, MMA is dying for fan support and they get the chance to turn it around, and well... the ghost of GSP rises.

And yet he sold, then sold, then sold again.

They have fun by diverting their attention elsewhere during a super bowl blowout. When you put down $60 on something you feel obligated to not divert your attention, even if it would be wise to do that.

Yeah, I think it will impact potential Weidman vs Belfort buys.

Silva vs Diaz should not be a PPV main event. It should have been on the undercard of this fight or Weidman-Belfort.

So true. That's a weak ass main event.

That must have been a nightmare for casuals. I was literally thinking that during the card. I was having a hard time giving a shit until some sporadic moments in the Cowboy fight and then Jones and DC. And had I not been emotionally invested in the fight and who won, I could see being kind of "meh" about it and I am a regular follower.

For casuals and especially casuals hoping to see an exciting card and an exciting main with DC winning, it is hard to imagine what they took away from that card. And given all the hype, what are the chances of them buying into anything like that level of it again? Once maybe at best and for some only? The UFC better hope the next card is awesome.

Yeah, the UFC always hypes a dominate champ. Friggin Hardy was suddenly some Ko machine. After a casual watches a card, they gotta wonder why they even bothered.

yeah the ufc should dish out weak cards because it's up to the viewers to throw a fantastic party. Idiot.

Yeah sure a lot of weak fighters on that card......

#1 p4p, champion
#14 p4p, #2, undefeated former champion
#4 , 5 fight win streak
#8, Undefeated prospect
another former champion
#11, undefeated in the UFC

Casuals like you are killing the sport, not the events you want to cry about.

They have fun by diverting their attention elsewhere during a super bowl blowout. When you put down $60 on something you feel obligated to not divert your attention, even if it would be wise to do that.

You didn't put down $60, you split it.

Sorry your group was boring.....mine spent way more money that that and had a blast all the same.

Theyve been watering down the cards for GSP/Jones/Andy for years and years and years

I've always wondered as a single fight how much Rashad vs. Rampage hurt the UFC.

Yeah sure a lot of weak fighters on that card......

#1 p4p, champion
#14 p4p, #2, undefeated former champion
#4 , 5 fight win streak
#8, Undefeated prospect
another former champion
#11, undefeated in the UFC

Casuals like you are killing the sport, not the events you want to cry about.

That was a one fight PPV that didn't deliver in the slightest. UFC should have learned their lesson awhile ago.

Back