UFC contender Phil Davis helps 5 year old girl in her fight with cancer

pcbh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://mmakanvas.ninemsn.com.au/articles/news/1700/ufc-contender-phil-davis-helps-5-year-old-girl-in-her-fight-with-cancer.html

UFC light heavyweight contender Phil Davis is doing his little bit to help out a young girl battling a tougher adversary that he ever has.

From the moment Sterling Miller came into the world, she was a fighter. Born after just 27 weeks in the womb and weighing merely two pounds (0.9kg), she spent three months in a Philadelphia hospital before she was released with her mother Lauren.

In the beginning, she seemed to be a healthy and active young girl, but things took a turn for the worse last year when Sterling began running a low grade fever. Health problems persisted for months, with the youngster coming in and out of the ER in Maui over and over again.

Eventually, the mother-daughter duo were stunned by the unfortuate news that Sterling has Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia and they have been fighting it ever since.

Today they are in a Ronald McDonalds House in Hawaii while Sterling undergoes intensive chemotherapy treatments. Their medical expenses are covered, but they have no source of income while Sterling battles the leukemia, so their friend Ian Walsh has stepped in to help.

Walsh has agreed to run the 26.2 mile (42km) Philadelphia Marathon this November to raise money for Sterling, but there's one catch - if he doesn't finish the race, UFC's Phil Davis gets to kick him in the leg as hard as he can.

Davis,who wears pink shorts to the cage when he competes to raise awareness for breast cancer, has lost an aunty to cancer, and twice his mother has fought it, so this is a cause that is near and dear to his heart.

Who knew kicking someone in the leg would help a little girl's battle against cancer somehow. Good for him.

Good for Phil.

But still LMAO after all the trash talking and got whooped.

Take notice Aldo

Even if for partially self-serving reasons, here is a perfect example on how to get fans emotionally invested in you

Phil may just be a good guy who would do it if nobody found out. But honestly I don't even particularly care. Sometimes the act matters way more than the motivation. And while this doesn't mean I'm going to become a crazy Phil Davis fan now, I will always think higher of him because of this. And this is just one thing. Instead of complaining about only getting a quarter million a fight, try remembering not too long ago you had nothing and now you are in a position to help others

Does he deserve more from the UFC? Probably. Even though a lot of why he isn't a draw is on him and on the lack of interest by casuals on smaller weight classes. But if people know you, especially care about you, the money will come.

Anyway, back to the main point. Good on you Phil. Thank you from one human being to another

Phil really seems like a good guy. Much respect to him. I hope she beats it.

It would be funny if Walsh checks Davis kick and ends up snapping his legs.

Cool for Phil.
He is still a work in progress but he is a good guy I am sure.

Back