Rumored UFC Considering Atomweight Division

When should the UFC introduce an Atomweight division?

• Total voters
Why would you even bother learning to fight if you're 105 pounds? You can be as skilled as like but you run into someone 200 pounds and they'll just toss you over a fence
Maybe you missed the memo: the "A" in MMA stands for "arts". It ain't just about preparing for streetfighting big dudes.

Last edited:
They would need:
View attachment 722633

So edgy

Atomweight gogoplata submission:

I don't follow WMMA outside the UFC (ever since Cyborg went over and excluding minimal invicta / whatever stuff)...

With that being said I think it's pretty clear this Jin Yu Frey is on PEDs. Now that's just speculation and it doesn't mean she can't beat testing like many others do while clearly using (Andrade, Gadelha, probably Holm...for women).

But I guess they did 145 for Cyborg who was also clearly on PEDs so...whatever. And I'm not some "they are on steroids!!!" "natty!!" guy at all. But when girls have 3d capped delts, shoulder striations, clear-cut abs, and decently thick traps are age 34 (or 30+ whenever the pics were taken) yeah I'm going to have to put my chips on PED use.

I'd say cutting 145 and adding 105 would be an upgrade

I'm for it, it would be more interesting seeing some of the top contenders fight then some scrubs in other classes. Gotta be better than watching Holly Holms fights.

It's fucking, HOLM

There are gonna be 3 atomweight fights on Invicta FC 39 this Friday. Check them out and see what you think of them.

no where does it say the ufc is considering it, like usual you copy paste some article and misrepresent the actual content. I wish they would ban you.

The Women's talent pool has already been stretched thin. We have a gap from 155 to 170, 170 to 185, and 185 to 205 for Men's but we are going to have 105-115-125-135-145 for Women's?

Pass
The irony is that the women's weight classes are logical 10 pounds and consistent whereas the men's start having arbitrary gaps after 155.

They should title it as the little vietnamese girl division that can't see past the dashboard. Thats probably more of the 85lb division

STOP. FUCKING STOP.

Give us mens super lightweight or don't give us shit.

Womens flyweight shouldn't even fucking exist. Not to mention womens featherweight.

Dana's whole argument for not implementing a super lightweight division is because it will water both lightweight and welterweight divisions down. Fine, whatever, point taken. I don't personally agree with it, and there's counter arguments to be made, but it's a solid point.

But don't fucking contradict yourself. 115 and 135 were solid womens divisions at one point, and they could have been better and developed properly had they not been watered down by the additions of 125 and 145. Now you want to add 105?

You've already got Nunes bouncing around between 135 and 145, partly due to lack of legitimate challengers. 145 doesn't even have a top five, forget about a top ten. Her biggest rival is the champion at 125, where she has ZERO legitimate competition. Because fuck having a solid number two at 135, right?

125 hurt 115 too, but I still enjoy 115 so I won't get into that.

As much as I enjoy mma I don’t think the divisions are deep enough currently to bring in another division.

Heeeeellllll no dawg. No need for that at all.

We need some legit transgenders in these wmma divisions. Let's have some fucking fun!

So why can't we have men's super heavyweight division? UFC is anti-entertainment nowadays

STOP. FUCKING STOP.

Give us mens super lightweight or don't give us shit.

Womens flyweight shouldn't even fucking exist. Not to mention womens featherweight.

Dana's whole argument for not implementing a super lightweight division is because it will water both lightweight and welterweight divisions down. Fine, whatever, point taken. I don't personally agree with it, and there's counter arguments to be made, but it's a solid point.

But don't fucking contradict yourself. 115 and 135 were solid womens divisions at one point, and they could have been better and developed properly had they not been watered down by the additions of 125 and 145. Now you want to add 105?

You've already got Nunes bouncing around between 135 and 145, partly due to lack of legitimate challengers. 145 doesn't even have a top five, forget about a top ten. Her biggest rival is the champion at 125, where she has ZERO legitimate competition. Because fuck having a solid number two at 135, right?

125 hurt 115 too, but I still enjoy 115 so I won't get into that.

how has 125 hurt 115? What top contenders have moved up to 125, for reasons other than problems making 115?

Jinh-Yu-Frey-Muscle-2.jpg

Invicta FC atomweight champion Jinh Yu Frey and top contender Ashley Cummins hope the UFC introduces the women’s 105-lb division into the world’s top MMA promotion. Frey and Cummins meet this Friday night at Invicta FC 39 for the promotion’s atomweight belt. Speaking to MMAjunkie.com before the fight, the champion Frey said she has heard rumors the UFC is considering adding the women’s 105-lb division, and she would be in favor of that in fact happening.

Jinh-Yu-Frey-Boxing-Practice-2.jpg

“I’ve heard a lot of rumors that say maybe the UFC is starting to look into the atomweight division. I’m going to be 35 this year and I’m hanging in there as long as I can. We’ll see. I’m not basing my hopes at the start they’ll start a division. I’m just taking it one fight at a time,” Frey said.

Jinh-Yu-Frey-Muscle.jpg

Her opponent Cummins agrees with Frey that the UFC should bring in the women’s 105-lbs division.

“Every day I say a little prayer the UFC is finally going to start the atomweight division. That’s been the goal, to be a UFC fighter. I want to be a world champ and I want to be a UFC fighter. Hopefully, 2020 will be the year (the UFC) finally starts the atomweight division,” Cummins said, agreeing with Frey.

maxresdefault.jpg

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/jin...wants-ufc-to-bring-in-womens-105lbs-division/
It's a way better division than 145 for women. Just can that division.

Jinh-Yu-Frey-Muscle-2.jpg

Invicta FC atomweight champion Jinh Yu Frey and top contender Ashley Cummins hope the UFC introduces the women’s 105-lb division into the world’s top MMA promotion. Frey and Cummins meet this Friday night at Invicta FC 39 for the promotion’s atomweight belt. Speaking to MMAjunkie.com before the fight, the champion Frey said she has heard rumors the UFC is considering adding the women’s 105-lb division, and she would be in favor of that in fact happening.

Jinh-Yu-Frey-Boxing-Practice-2.jpg

“I’ve heard a lot of rumors that say maybe the UFC is starting to look into the atomweight division. I’m going to be 35 this year and I’m hanging in there as long as I can. We’ll see. I’m not basing my hopes at the start they’ll start a division. I’m just taking it one fight at a time,” Frey said.

Jinh-Yu-Frey-Muscle.jpg

Her opponent Cummins agrees with Frey that the UFC should bring in the women’s 105-lbs division.

“Every day I say a little prayer the UFC is finally going to start the atomweight division. That’s been the goal, to be a UFC fighter. I want to be a world champ and I want to be a UFC fighter. Hopefully, 2020 will be the year (the UFC) finally starts the atomweight division,” Cummins said, agreeing with Frey.

maxresdefault.jpg

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/jin...wants-ufc-to-bring-in-womens-105lbs-division/
UFC will consider adding another women’s division but won’t create a 165 pound division or keep the Flyweight?....

Back