Rumored UFC Considering Atomweight Division

When should the UFC introduce an Atomweight division?

• Total voters
Not gonna happen. They made 125 thinking it would fill up and more than a year later aside from 145, it's the shallowest division in the UFC.

135 and 115 are the only remotely interesting WMMA decisions and only 115 has an actual competitive aspect right now. No need for another division unless they scrap 125 and 145. Not like Valentina is going to lose to anyone under 135.

Atomweight is a great division and I'm all for it.

Smart. Considering they haven't even been able to release rankings for the last division they created.

Why not add a male Atomweight and Strawweight division? It'll make the flyweights seem bigger and if the UFC really wants to break into the asian market it's their best chance.

Great! Can't wait to see some 105lb women fight..

..said nobody ever.

If you dont think this isgreat viewing you probably dont actually like mma

Kneeing the Jewels champ to KO

fucking up the invicta champ

And her end of year fight against Aya was one of the best fights of the year (male or female)

I'm for it, it would be more interesting seeing some of the top contenders fight then some scrubs in other classes. Gotta be better than watching Holly Holms fights.

Lol why? Remember the FW division that had 3 fights in 3 years?

There should be 3 men's weight divisions (manletweight 0-150, middleweight 150-180, heavyweight 180-unlimited)

1 woman's division. We need more fights like Gabi Garcia vs Japanese grandma

They would need:
9CDF8BA9-9105-49B3-B864-36FC7C54F902.jpeg

They can do whatver the fuck they like, it'll simply be another fight on the prelims to fast-forward through and never think about again. I only know about 5-6 WMMA fighers exist to be perfectly honest, I honestly live in complete ignorance that WMMA is a thing apart from a handful of fighters I dont mind watching.
So edgy
Can't wait to have even more ISH ISH throws at air ISH ISH 15 minute classics.

Atomweight gogoplata submission:

If they didnt do it for Waterson they wont do it at all. And it's too late for her now.

Why would you even bother learning to fight if you're 105 pounds? You can be as skilled as like but you run into someone 200 pounds and they'll just toss you over a fence

But there are other girls that can thrive there. They are easy to spot among the true 115lbers.
Hannah Cifers and Loma Lookboonmee clearly belong at atomweight.

I don't want or care about 105. That's comically small/light/weak. And the spreading of WMMA's already-too-thin talent pool even further (and lighter) couldn't interest me less.

Back