Rumored UFC Considering Atomweight Division

When should the UFC introduce an Atomweight division?

• Total voters
So the person with the most interest in the whole world says she heard rumours and the thread title is "UFC CONSIDERING ATOMWEIGHT DIVISION"

<JagsKiddingMe>

Come on man.... I've already pointed out how ridiculous readwrite thread titles have been lately. This has to stop.
It is BS man. Im tired of getting tricked into these threads.

C7tCtKHV4AA0JXI.jpg
<AckbarTrap><AckbarTrap><AckbarTrap><AckbarTrap><AckbarTrap><AckbarTrap>

Last edited:
@CPH hit it on the head.

I’ll take 105 over 145.

145 was created for cyborg.
Nunes is a professional so she can make 135.
Cyborg is a joke. “I’ll die if I make 135”
Hey man. Stop lifting weights all the time then.

105 >>> 145
Cyborg said she runs 5 miles a day. If this is true, making 135 might kill her.

Who's fighting at 225 for women? Gabi Garcia? And...? I don't understand how you guys think that 195 and 225 are even a remote possibility outside of utter freakshow fights. Even 165...who's fighting there?

I will go from streaming PPVs to skipping it all together lol. It aint even worth it to watch it for free.

No way. It would become the new Mighty Mouse division. A net money loss and PPV killer. We're already subsidizing low-talent female divisions, why add another one?

She's on that Andrade + Gadelha diet.

How the fuck does Gadelha get past USADA testing btw? They must have it down to a science at that camp. Her voice has lowered about 3 octaves since she's been in the UFC.

The butthurt is going strong already.

Can't wait to have even more ISH ISH throws at air ISH ISH 15 minute classics.

I think it’s good idea.115 is overflowing with fighters who frankly very small for the division. And given the average size of athletic women this division will never be hurting for talent. And business wise you want to make this move before Bellator does.

Who's fighting at 225 for women? Gabi Garcia? And...? I don't understand how you guys think that 195 and 225 are even a remote possibility outside of utter freakshow fights. Even 165...who's fighting there?
Trolling?

I’m pretty sure he meant men’s for those divisions
<{you!}>

Cyborg said she runs 5 miles a day. If this is true, making 135 might kill her.
While also lifting weights.

Along with taking supplements.
Just saying.... lose muscle mass and you’ll make 135... but her whole career relies on being jacked and bigger than her opponents. When she faced another Hammer in Amanda, she got SMASHED

Jin, hamasaki, esparza, karate hottie, lots of good talent. They need 3-4 new divisions to be honest. 105, 165, 175, 195, 225

If you build it they will come

Esparza and KH cant make 105
Jin would have to contend with USADA
Aya is nearly 40

They would need to re-sign Seo Hee Ham and she would beat everyone at 105. JYF has already lost to both her and Aya

When they added Flyweight they drained Bantamweight (Shev, Chookagian, Carmouche, Evans-Smith, Eye...) and Strawweight (PVZ, Joanna for a title fight, Calderwood...). They'll probably drain SW even further as people like Esparza, Torres and Waterson (decent SW top 10/gatekeepers) would probably drop down to a thin new division where they won't be smaller than all of her opponents.

Aside from Hamderlei, Cummins, Frey, Zapitella, Mihnea Gruissander (the girl who fought Frey twice, probably not that exact name) ... who else is a decent UFC caliber name at atomweight out there? Assuming all of these women would sign with the UFC and all of the women I mentioned above are dropping to atomweight, it would still be an 8 fighter division.

Great! Can't wait to see some 105lb women fight..

..said nobody ever.

id only be in favor of this if it meant that women and men fight on different cards.

She's on that Andrade + Gadelha diet.

How the fuck does Gadelha get past USADA testing btw? They must have it down to a science at that camp. Her voice has lowered about 3 octaves since she's been in the UFC.

She's just a jacked Brazilian girl.

327880.jpg

Back