UFC :Conor is Stunning and Brave for taking fight on short notice. No mention of Cabo DIAZ 10 days.

I don't think that most of these Conor fans realize how badly a true top WW would embarrass Conor.

Conor would knock out Lawler stiff! You saw how easily Diaz and Woodley knocked him out? No one can take that left hand!!!!11!

Well it's true. Just because they don't mention Nate doesn't make it any less true.
Both should get credit though I agree, Nate just as much if not more because he actually won on that notice.

Conor was braver though

Rogan said that Nate took the fight on 11 days notice in this video. I'm actually surprised how unbiased this promo is. Slow down on the hate,it makes you see things differently.

No it was for the Conor fight that's why he's holding the American flag.

Alright, thought it was for the Johnson fight because looked the same with the white trunks. This is from the fight week before the Johnson fight:

As a Diaz fan, it has been making me a little nervous that everyone is looking past Conor in the rematch. As a beating man, I know the best beat is going against the majority! But in this case, Conor will be prepared but Diaz will be more motivated to prove that the last fight was not a fluke!

And you know Nick is telling him everyday, " you better not lose to this mother fucker", keeping Nate motivated

Yeah the UFC is really dropping the ball on this. They should be building Diaz star power more but they just belittle what he's done. It's some real bullshit. I hope they change their tune after Nate crushes Conor in a few weeks.
What star power? That 20/20 star power? He's on the anti-conor wave and that is it.
deep down every McGoogle nut hugger knows the truth, as for 2 weight classes they are both natural lightweights
Nope in Nate's last 12 fights he's fought at WW 4 times, LW 6 times, failed to make weight 3 times (took him 3 weigh-ins to make weight against henderson. Therefore over 50% of his fights are not at LW. Equals WW
Its ok, if Conor loses to Nate again, no one will give a shit about that flash in a pan anymore and we can move on to the next "star" the company will try to force feed us.. like Sage, at least he isnt a detestable manlet
145 champion = flash in the fan? LEL. Then what are all the non-title holders? I get when people say it about sage and PVZ but come on you're just being salty.

What are those subtitles for Nate? UFC is infinitely disgusting.
I'm not a native speaker but I understand all he says.
I'm glad they did. I don't speak mumble.

Definitely not Conor since Conor fought a LW, NOT a WW.
see above. WW

I don't think that most of these Conor fans realize how badly a true top WW would embarrass Conor.
Not a chance. Only rory, condit and Maia if he got him to the ground. Although conor trains with Danis and he's bigger than Maia.

see above. WW

Nate is still a LW. That is his weight class where he has had the most success. A true top 10 or even top 15 WW would absolutely wreck Conor. Call me when Conor fights one of them and then praise him for fighting a WW. Right now Conor went up one weight class to fight a decent LW and got owned badly.

Diaz looked a bit dazed in the second round, if you watch hes face expressions. Diaz can take a shot, but if Conor kept hes cardio up to do think it was just a matter of time Diaz would go down.
Conor haters won't admit this. He was obviously gassed by the second round before Nate ever tagged him. He got tagged off attempting a counter left uppercut he never setup with a jab or a hook. He was showing obvious signs of gassing and Nate took advantage of it.

Idk why the lead uppercut wasn't used as much, he caught Nate with it easily, and it sets up so much with a southpaw vs southpaw. Conor has a nonexistent jab game so a lead uppercut heavy gameplan would have had more success.

Problem was he kept telegraphing the straight so Nate would roll with it and minimize the damage, pressing forward against Nate hurts him more then helping, hes quick enough to counterstrike Nate. He needs to catch him coming in and not leaning back. Diaz relies on a few goto's which Conor could have easily taken advantage of with speed alone.

Even if Conor wants to stick to pressing forward, using that lead hand to at least have Nate already leaning back will make it so his straight connects fully, and doesn't get rolled with.

Sadly more than likely for the training footage we've seen Conor is going to stick to the same gameplan, and get outworked again. Its stupid considering hes faster and much more technical than Nate. His ego will always be his downfall.

tl;dr: Conor wins if he can implement a counterstriking gameplan with a good use of his hard lead uppercuts. If not its the same fight over again, just might last a little longer.

first 1-2 that rocked him he was going for a uppercut with no setup which is exactly what you don't do vs a lanky bigger fighter who uses his range well.

xXZVdpU.gif

shitty gif but as you can see he covers alot of distance with the lead uppercut and this was a min into second round. I can't find gif but he hits diaz pretty hard with one in the first. Thats key to him setting up that left hand and not giving diaz a chance to roll with it.
15dp7xw.gif

Last edited:
Name another fighter that's moved up 2 weight classes on 10 days notice.
He didn't move up 2weight classes to fight someone two classes above him like Woodley or Lawler etc. He just fought a LW who weighs in 10 pounds bigger.

Nope in Nate's last 12 fights he's fought at WW 4 times, LW 6 times, failed to make weight 3 times (took him 3 weigh-ins to make weight against henderson. Therefore over 50% of his fights are not at LW. Equals WW

Your info here seems pretty off. Nate has fought at LW 7 times in his last 12 fights. As far as I can see he only missed weight one time to fight a catch weight fight against RDA. Also, you show a lot of bias by including his recent fight with Conor as more evidence that he is a WW. That fight was only at WW because of it being on such short notice, if the negotiations for that fight had gone quicker then Nate would have been able to make 155 as originally planned. Nice try though.

Your info here seems pretty off. Nate has fought at LW 7 times in his last 12 fights. As far as I can see he only missed weight one time to fight a catch weight fight against RDA. Also, you show a lot of bias by including his recent fight with Conor as more evidence that he is a WW. That fight was only at WW because of it being on such short notice, if the negotiations for that fight had gone quicker then Nate would have been able to make 155 as originally planned. Nice try though.
I included this upcoming fight in my data.

Nope. Be weighed in at 155.6 against henderson, then 155.2, then finally made weight for the championship gifted fight. Equals 2 failed attempts

Back