UFC community react to Elias Theodorou

I apologize on behalf of all Canadians for bringing you this guy.

I would rather watch Wade Shipp VS Jonathan Wiezoreck 1000 times (first ufc fight in which the winner was not invited back his performance was so poor IIRC) than another one of this goof's "fights".
That fight was actually entertaining. Wade Shipp went apeshit on him. But he just kept coming forward like a sleepwalking zombie. Until Shipp just gave up the ghost.

That fight is a good metaphor for facing challenges.

When life starts throwing punches... just get the dogshit beat out of you until life gets tired of hitting you and gives up its back.

- Wiezoreck

16-3 in MMA and never been KOd or subbed in 19 fights

Just bleed god may not be pleased but still

I knew the Thug Rose clip was coming but it just cracks me up every time.

That guy would beat Adesanya and he would make that easy. Marks my words.

Although I have scored 3 of his wins against him, I can't say that he doesn't impress me in a very weird way. He has a strong ability to evade damage yet also avoid getting called for stalling. He seems to jam his opponents' offense just enough to throw off their kill shots. Perhaps it isn't he most admirable trait, but impressive nonetheless that he has been able to make it to decision against so many killers.

he kinda reminds me of Keith Jardine, who also had a weird kinda clunky style that seemed to work in his favor

16-3 in MMA and never been KOd or subbed in 19 fights

Just bleed god may not be pleased but still

man, he might not be that entertaining but i gotta respect people that haven't been finished in that many fights. especially in MW

The thing is, as awkward as he is, he has actual skill. It’s just infuriating that he goes in to point fight. Kajan Johnson is another (luckily he got cut). He just needs to develop a killer instinct (it’s prob not easy to do for Canadians)

See WWI and WWII, for our killer instinct, specifically Vimy Ridge.

I dont understand how he survives in there and earns wins, really. His ooponents really freeze in there, he must be a magician.

I'm no expert...but I am an expert in chair-fu. I think Elias frankly surprises many people with his movement and techniques. But it seemed once Brunson realized he couldn't bust a grape as Rampage said, he just went after Elias.

Seems like a nice enough guy....

But he needs to learn aggression. He can't fight with no intent of inflicting physical harm. He needs to try hurting people.
He's just not a fighter. Not sure why he competes in MMA and I'm extremely puzzled how he is so successful

The current past his prime Anderson Silva would destroy this fool.

The thing is, as awkward as he is, he has actual skill. It’s just infuriating that he goes in to point fight. Kajan Johnson is another (luckily he got cut). He just needs to develop a killer instinct (it’s prob not easy to do for Canadians)
Kajan Johnson KTFO a legit guy in Adriano Martins, and he actually has good footwork and decent striking technique. He doesn't deserve to be compared to that bum Theodorou.

He's awkward to train with too. Grappling wise he's the guy that holds onto every move with all his strength as he will lose $1m if there's a transition. A very nice guy though, same with his team.

What are you guys talking about ? I have never seen such high level MMA from a fighter.

giphy.gif

I dont understand how he survives in there and earns wins, really. His ooponents really freeze in there, he must be a magician.
Hes very unorthodox. He confuses fools.
If he packed some power or really went for the kill sometimes he could be special imo

Back